Spring Needs to be Advertised! - Page 7

Spring Needs to be Advertised!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Das Bruce

Re: Spring Needs to be Advertised!

Post by Das Bruce »

The lulz for always.
Gota

Post by Gota »

The most important part is that this community is losing its competetive players.
Does anyone even care about that and considered the ramiphications of a major decline of the avarage spring player's ability to play in general.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Gota wrote:The most important part is that this community is losing its competetive players.
Does anyone even care about that and considered the ramiphications of a major decline of the avarage spring player's ability to play in general.
Uhm - yes.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Gota wrote:The most important part is that this community is losing its competetive players.
I consider myself a competitive player, and it's very hard to play with such attitude. Many people do not understand the principle behind 'competitive gaming'. For example many are quick to label my play style as 'lame' or 'gay'. And many treat acting for the teams best interest as 'griefing'. So yea, I blame the newbies.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

My middle name is competitive ;)
Gota

Post by Gota »

neddiedrow wrote:
Uhm - yes.
Less sarcasm more opinion.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Gota wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:
Uhm - yes.
ur face
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Gota wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:
Uhm - yes.
That wasn't at all sarcastic, you were simply saying the obvious in a manner which implied the rest of us were either blind or stupid, which we are neither, so I deflected that and affirmed the point of discussion.

I realize this is a problem, but people do come and go, and it is the business of the current players to make good players out of new ones. I no longer try to train people, considering my other responsibilities, but I know the denizens of #newbies (Not those who sit there fishing for SA players) do a pretty good job when they can.

You need more people to have more skilled players. What gives us the former will help us with the latter.
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

Yes I too find a lack in players that challenge you to think about every, every aspect of your play. Not playing such people really makes a difference. And it really shows when you play someone who uses but a smidgen of cunning play.

AND, hoi mentioned it earlier... We need auto hosts for all significant mods. With out them our player base will not grow out of BA and that also means that it will not grow as it would if there were more mods to get into. WE NEED AUTO Hosts for mods other than BA.

CA has their auto hosts and they do very well considering how hard it is to maintain the version and a game play knowledge.
What about XTA and NOTA or KP or BOTA?
If there were hosts the players would not wander away and enthusiasm would grow. We NEED that.

Also if we fix this (the part about the Spring battle hub) we might get some where:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15877&p=302326#p302326
The idea is to have one running program/battle hub that is a stand alone program for Spring.
...with out all the other junk along with it.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

We had autohosts for all non-BA content packages of note maintained by me last year, and it did support said sub-communities. I will attempt to host similar as possible this year, but each should host one or two of their own as needed.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

We need Chat-Bots in those Autohosts, who support the Annoyfactor of a Real-Fullsize Comain#ity.
<Picasso>screams: JOIN my Epileptic Game or die!!!
FrOzEnTaCo

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

basic tryed to ad. in gpg.net and now hes in trouble http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=15886... kind of :roll:
Flint

Post by Flint »

We should care less about the skill of players, more than the amount of new players coming into the game. Because as I have noticed, I suspect that not many new players have been joining spring lately, which means less servers and less games overall. More skilled players are great but if its only a couple dozen skilled players around, spring wont grow; we need more newbs honestly.
Sabutai

Post by Sabutai »

Flint wrote:

We should care less about the skill of players, more than the amount of new players coming into the game. Because as I have noticed, I suspect that not many new players have been joining spring lately, which means less servers and less games overall. More skilled players are great but if its only a couple dozen skilled players around, spring wont grow; we need more newbs honestly.
+1

The competitive players will return with a bigger community and more contribution. I say go for it an advertize everywhere! Who's with me? To the barricades!

No wait... what's the plan before getting shot?
t0rb3n

Post by t0rb3n »

tl;dr

topic:
make donations possible
use money to advertise
win
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

t0rb3n wrote:tl;dr

topic:
make donations possible
use money to advertise
win
Go away.
Super Mario

Post by Super Mario »

t0rb3n wrote:tl;dr

topic:
make donations possible
use money to advertise
win
Read the dates before you post.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I have an idea.
Lets advertise spring!
t0rb3n

Post by t0rb3n »

actually, i read the whole thread and i was kind of serious.
just wanted to post this way one time. xD
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Good lord, another one.

Return to “General Discussion”