Spring Manual(s)

Spring Manual(s)

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

panzeriv2

Spring Manual(s)

Post by panzeriv2 »

Does anyone thought up for a Spring manual? The FAQ and wiki are not clearly instructed. So instead of waiting for someone to make one, i present this "Unofficial Spring Manual". I know, there are alot of mistakes in it so i'm uploading a word 2003 file tomorrow (hopefully, it's 14.6 MB large) so that you can edit all you want. Credits are in there, if you are not credited, tell me please.

EDIT: I'm not uploading the word 2003 file anymore. Those who wish to help me in this manual , please refer to the "last post on this page".

PS: I wish i could upload a PDF file here.

The link is here:http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/fil ... anual_beta
Last edited by panzeriv2 on 13 Sep 2008, 11:58, edited 2 times in total.
AF
AI Developer

Re: A spring manual?

Post by AF »

You do realize UF is only up till iamacups server runs out at the end of the year right? It might eb worth uploading to several places, or better yet uploading it in a format that doesnt require Adobe CS3 to edit, or even better, do it in the wiki!

Just a thought
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

Oh? I'll get a file hosting service to host my file as soon as possible...anyway thanks for the thought, maybe will do it on the wiki.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Its just easier as you dont have to deal with various versions of the pdf floating around.

Nonetheless I would suggest creating a generic manual and then a template version that would be modified by content developers ( or people content developers asked for ) so that they are for specific games, and can feature specifics like units and buildings and strategies.
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

WEll, you're right. I just got another version of it....and what do you mean by template version?
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

because paying $129 p/m was a real crime, i should be punished.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

ya youre right, *SPANK*
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

panzeriv2 wrote:Does anyone thought up for a Spring manual? The FAQ and wiki are not clearly instructed. So instead of waiting for someone to make one, i present this "Unofficial Spring Manual". I know, there are alot of mistakes in it so i'm uploading a word 2003 file tomorrow (hopefully, it's 14.6 MB large) so that you can edit all you want. Credits are in there, if you are not credited, tell me please.

PS: I wish i could upload a PDF file here.

The link is here:http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/fil ... anual_beta

Springinfo.info

stick it there as well as on jobjol
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Lets all upload only a single copy of our files to UF and no other site! A site that we've been told is only open till the next payday!

Perhaps it would be best to make UF simply a mirror of JJs site, that way we can help JJ with his bandwidth and reduce his costs.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The old UF content is all mirrored on my site anyway. :roll:
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

AF wrote:Lets all upload only a single copy of our files to UF and no other site! A site that we've been told is only open till the next payday!

Perhaps it would be best to make UF simply a mirror of JJs site, that way we can help JJ with his bandwidth and reduce his costs.
his costs are mitigated by the 3200 gb+ spread over uk and usa mirrors which are dedicated, not crappy dreamhost shared bandwidth with wolfgame comming soon

and it functions as a mirror at http://www.unknown-files.net/scrape/fil ... rom=jobjol

the point however is to be much much bigger than spring, now i have the servers, time and resources to put into uf this will happen. anyway uf no longer automatically adds jobjol files to the mirrors at JJ's request.

and as far as i can tell, his costs are mitigated by the infinate number of mirrors he already has so it should not be a problem.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

you could update it with latest tasclient version and luaui enabled ... you could also use Meltrax's IceUI : http://jobjol.nl/961 (or my fork http://jobjol.nl/966)

anyway that's a nice idea, because there are few tutorials but none of them can be read offline
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

wolfgame? Arghs site right?

So does this mean the UF network is back in force and a return to the olden days of Ye Grande Cup?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Whats the point of switching now?
Job is the most convenient by far.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

AF wrote:wolfgame? Arghs site right?
Maiq/grumpy's currently-goddady and soon-to-be colo host.
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

i will be looking deeply into this manual of yours. Has anybody fought of a total annihlation in game tutorial mod for noobs?
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

firts of all the pictures need to be sharpend so you can read them.
edits:
pg6, to do this, click the options button located at the top of the screen. still pg6, now just click on the plug-like button located at the top left
awell as the many other pages that have this error. (im not typing them all cause im lazy.)

pg7, there should be another tittle in there saying, how to start a single player game.

pg11, the picture there should have numbers on it. the numbers link to words on a page and explain in full what it is about.

robot should be replaced by commander,,,

after reading it the tittle needs to be changed from something other than project. at first i thought it was a guide on how to design a mod.

and a finall note, for the strategy you used, (build 4 solars, 4 metal extractors) include how this is not a permenent strategy and how you can create your own strategy. just something other than that or player will think they haft to do it.
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

Yeah, you're right. My grammar is not very good, as normally i speak Chinglish or "Malayish".
The images are not sharp namely because that I have resized them often.
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

try doing the print screen option in full screen spring. it will work better.
panzeriv2

Post by panzeriv2 »

I used Spring's "camera option", whatever that is, in full screen. SO where is a suitable place for me to upload? I can't access jobjol for some reason. Maybe you guys help me out in uploading my file there? I got a new and improved version out already. The new manual is here anyway:

http://www.unknown-files.net/spring/fil ... _Manual_v2
Last edited by panzeriv2 on 14 Aug 2008, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”