Tourney support.

Tourney support.

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

Tourney support.

Post by Gota »

We need a lobby tourney support.
It needs to be outomated.
Like say a menu where you can start a tourney and people can sign in by themsleves and press a rdy button if they are ready to start.
There also need to be some capabilities of ringing by the tourney host.
You''d need people to be able to sign in as hosts for the individual games by themsleves.
that way if you have like a 8 player 1v1 tourney 4 people can sign to be hosts 1 from each pair or someone who is not perticipating in the tourney.
It cant be a room like others it needs to be a room where you can join and be there for long periods of time and play in other rooms cause it takes time sometimes for people to gather up for a tourney(also if youv greened up but went in game you are automticly turned to unready status).
also peopel should be able to sign as spectators for each individual game,so for a 8 player 1v1 tourney you can sign to be a spectator in one of the games.
when all the players are rdy they are thrown automaticly into rooms hosted by the signed up hosts and all the spectators are each thrown into the room they signed up to spectate.
When a game is over the result is translated and the winner jumps to the next level of the tourney.
When al lthe winners green up same happens and it goes on till there is a single winner.
there should be many options to customize your tourney like you want it to be if your the host.also individual pairs shoul be able to refuse spectators of course.
ralphie

Re: Tourney support.

Post by ralphie »

off you go then
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/

well, in case the lobby is written in c++ then :wink:
Gota

Post by Gota »

K im on it...in the meantime start and ill join in a couple of years after i know c and c++ well.

Im just saying that the communy's competetive part is dying out.. if you wont have that the community will suck away...

from your comments im guessing you don think that should be a top priority in lobby development but i think allowing for tournies is a must.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

well, it does work, but i agree it should be better
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

only few people play ladder games so tourney ... and only few players play spring :)

top priority should be add mod and map options control to ladders but meltrax has no free time
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

i will implement this within a week.
Gota

Post by Gota »

iF you do you rock and you can carry on hacking and abusing power...;)
Last edited by Gota on 12 Aug 2008, 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

something like a tournament autohost would be great too, which hosts ladder games, and rotates the mods, and you can make appointments, to 'have' to server at 20:00, ect
pharoph

Post by pharoph »

to schoolsih sry,, your at university.
i also fail to see the point of this.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hoi wrote:something like a tournament autohost would be great too, which hosts ladder games, and rotates the mods, and you can make appointments, to 'have' to server at 20:00, ect
If somebody works with Licho to develop that, I'll host one or two.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

iamacup wrote:i will implement this within a week.
don't make a new system ... one is enough, improve the ladder to make it support tourneys
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Satirik wrote:
don't make a new system ... one is enough, improve the ladder to make it support tourneys
Cup probably has some backups of the ladder. He can make a patch of the content, test it locally, then forward it to Mel.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

Satirik wrote:
it will be stand alone to start with but i will make it as easy as possible to integrate into the ladder if it works, im actually more interested in testing something i have wanted to do for awhile in java via this.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

and you neddiedrow will be the one running my little test ;-)

thanks for volunteering :)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

iamacup wrote:and you neddiedrow will be the one running my little test ;-)

thanks for volunteering :)
I did obligate you, cuppy, I suppose I deserve it.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

ok most of the coding for this is done, im testing it with various players but it will need some ruleset etc, neddie is working on it :)
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

iamacup wrote:ok most of the coding for this is done, im testing it with various players but it will need some ruleset etc, neddie is working on it :)
you made a tourney system in 1day ?
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

the code for handling tournaments is trivial if you have a bot base already with anti spam stuff etc.

all of this is done via a bot not a web page, it works quite well so far, the web page is trivial as it only displays info about tourneys available or past.

but it is not ready yet, no. but close.
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

ok it will be a couple more days, need to convert it to python for aegis nazi thing.

:P

Return to “Ingame Community”