Moderator: Moderators

Cabbage

Re: Balanced Annihilation V6.31

Post by Cabbage »

just set commander control or kill all units as the default mod setting
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

I'm only suggesting extra damage for artillery type units, since the commander shouldn't be able to easily defend against artillery. The commander is supposed to stop early rushes of infantry kbots and raiding tanks / scout units, not the more middle game artillery. If your commander comes under attack by artillery and you aren't pushing with him there's clearly something wrong or you're almost dead since artillery in your base is probably game over anyway.

However, I personally am not that irritated by commander tactics and don't think we necessarily need to go overboard on it, I'm just suggesting that if we set the commander to an EMP explosion and made him weaker to artillery commander bombing and pushing would basically be over.
GBscientist

Post by GBscientist »

Does BA use MR.D's improved CORE units, and if not, why?
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

No, and from what I've heard they want to wait for an entire set for consistency (correct me if I'm wrong).
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

el_matarife wrote:I'm only suggesting extra damage for artillery type units, since the commander shouldn't be able to easily defend against artillery. The commander is supposed to stop early rushes of infantry kbots and raiding tanks / scout units, not the more middle game artillery. If your commander comes under attack by artillery and you aren't pushing with him there's clearly something wrong or you're almost dead since artillery in your base is probably game over anyway.

However, I personally am not that irritated by commander tactics and don't think we necessarily need to go overboard on it, I'm just suggesting that if we set the commander to an EMP explosion and made him weaker to artillery commander bombing and pushing would basically be over.
by the middle game compushing is a non-issue for the most part. because as soon as he leaves his[her?] support behind he will die.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

el_matarife wrote:Or you could just eliminate com pushing by giving a few T1 units extra damage versus commanders, like artillery, missile trucks, and maybe some sort of kbot. Commander pushing is used because its damn effective, if LLTs and the commander got slaughtered by a few different unit types people would no longer bother.
They don't want to eliminate com pushing, they want to make it more of a risk. If you feel confident to take that risk go ahead but don't complain if it ends up booting you from the game.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

el_matarife wrote:I'm only suggesting extra damage for artillery type units, since the commander shouldn't be able to easily defend against artillery. The commander is supposed to stop early rushes of infantry kbots and raiding tanks / scout units, not the more middle game artillery. If your commander comes under attack by artillery and you aren't pushing with him there's clearly something wrong or you're almost dead since artillery in your base is probably game over anyway.
This is a horrible idea that will never be implemented in BA. Make TWO llts with overlapping firing range and a com will die with any skill at all on your part.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Also remember guys, to hide and cloak your commander later in the game.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Would be nice if someone would make a widget that reminds you that its "Commander Control", just like that widget that reminds you that its "Commander Ends"

=)
det

Post by det »

LordMatt wrote:This is a horrible idea that will never be implemented in BA. Make TWO llts with overlapping firing range and a com will die with any skill at all on your part.
More like 3, but this is only because special damage llt -> com, so it is essentially the same idea as him, with a different unit class.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

NOiZE wrote:Would be nice if someone would make a widget that reminds you that its "Commander Control", just like that widget that reminds you that its "Commander Ends"

=)
It would be equally useful for this to be more visible in the lobby Battlescreen as well.
Or if it was setup to be visible in the games listings via icon or something in the lobby too.
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

I have dgunned 3-llt-porcs by approaching the llts from the side so they blocked themselves from shooting :)
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

2 is usually enough to provided you have some units to finish it. Of course in a com ends game which is what BA is supposedly balanced after, you won't risk running into two llts with your com in any scenario.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

ZellSF wrote:...you won't risk running into two llts with your com in any scenario.
What about if all you have left is a com, the ground is really bumpy so you cannot build and all the enemy has left is 2 llts guarding a solar?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Acidd_UK wrote:
ZellSF wrote:...you won't risk running into two llts with your com in any scenario.
What about if all you have left is a com, the ground is really bumpy so you cannot build and all the enemy has left is 2 llts guarding a solar?
Then they would explode because they have no com.
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

You know you could just do it the CA way and make comms dgun immune and their explosions fall off at range, this makes commbombing practically unviable and comm confrontations end less quickly. It would make falling back and building some defense a better idea than confrontation.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I don't see why that is necessary. Just play comends lineage if you don't like combombs and comdguns. (Better yet, just play that because it is more fun :-)). In com ends lineage, combombs are much less frequent, but can be used to turn a game and are a fair strategy (ur getting pwnt but the dude who is beating you leaves his com exposed and gives you a chance to maek atlas).
Klopper

Post by Klopper »

Also, it is an old and holy TA rule that dgun kills ANYTHING...i wouldn't like to see that rule changed tbh :?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Well Ba is hardly keeping to OTA conventions(and plays nothing like OTA)...
Look at SupCom.
Its not fun as a whole but the commander instead of having a dgun has a long range laser and a lot of hp.
Imo it makes for much better Gameplay.
Coms usually engage in combat in a much more involved and interesting way
and an entire game of playing better than your opponent cannot be ruined by a combomb(in case of a 2v2)which negates any bonuses your team might have had because you played better.In supcom air is much more common thus an atlas combomb is very hard,in spring however and especially in BA,static aa is not good and air is not very common thus ruining a very good performance by a lucky combomb is much much easier than just playing very very good all game and gaining an advantage.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

LordMatt wrote:I don't see why that is necessary. Just play comends lineage if you don't like combombs and comdguns. (Better yet, just play that because it is more fun :-)). In com ends lineage, combombs are much less frequent, but can be used to turn a game and are a fair strategy (ur getting pwnt but the dude who is beating you leaves his com exposed and gives you a chance to maek atlas).
I always found continues equally fun, but I'll bite.

Return to “Game Releases”