Kernel Panic - Page 41

Kernel Panic

Moderator: Content Developer

exdeath

Re: Kernel Panic

Post by exdeath »

OK.

Now back to Kernel panic. What factions kernel panic dont have??

I can just think now of User, maybe graphics (with units like pixel or polygon....), something related to OS.
Last edited by exdeath on 26 Jun 2008, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

More importantly, I get the feeling the connection might be too weak, while it IS primarily a teleporter its arc cannon doesn't do a whole lot. Should it do more damage or is it fine?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

I haven't played in a while but I found the teleport ability extremely useful. Think of it as a unit which can increased damage by spending buffer.
Sertse

Post by Sertse »

I don't remember a situation where the arc beam was a battle changing factor. Usually too focused wtfing and dealing with the swarm to notice the beam, though it may just be my limited skills.
Eisi

Post by Eisi »

Is KP still in development? Because since the last post quite some time has past.
I think there should be a public release of KP.NET because people dont want to download RCs, so there are only few players who play KP.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

[url]http://kdr_11k.from-hell.net/Kernel%20Panic%20net%20RC10.sd7[/url]

KP.net NRC10
- Increased Worm (2500->3200) and Connection (2500->4500) damage per shot
- Made connection beam stay on target even if the unit is turning.
- Removed logic bomb unit limit.
- Enabled the arc effects for 77a1.
- Removed easteregg since it broke stuff in 77a1.

I hope this is the final RC.
Eisi

Post by Eisi »

Awesome.

Wait, there was an easteregg?

I'll test it right now with a friend.
I hope the non-rc release will be soon because I think that people really don't want to dl rcs/betas/alphas etc. (Direct memory access map should be final, too)

//EDIT: I have played a little bit against friends and the Lua AI. Did you improve the AI? Because it felt much stronger and didn't crash in the first few mins like it did before. (I only get this in the console: LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/ai.lua"]:509: attempt to index field 'network_minifac' (a nil value), it's kinda annoying because it's appearing frequently).
I think the balance is good now. First i thought that the Connection is too strong now (tried a 2 Connection rush versus system and damaged the kernel to 1/3 but then my opponent killed the Cons. and later I had disadvantages because I built the builders after the Cons), but it's ok. I think the Flows are a bit too weak, they should have a little more health (I know they're not for direct combat but it's frustrating if your Flow army rushes into a swarm of bits because you didn't see them and you gain heavy losses).
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Any ETA on a final build?
exdeath

Post by exdeath »

a idea for kernel panic:
In the connection unit when you press alt when dispaching units, he will dispach until the you run out of units to dispach, why not add another button that make the connection dispach units until you release the button??
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Doesn't work, command buttons don't check for mouseclicks like that.
exdeath

Post by exdeath »

i was not talking about the mouse button, I was talking about this:

With the connection unit you can click on dispatch and before you are dispatching hold the alt button and then and click on the place you are want to dispatch, then all your units will be dispatched to the place.

In my idea you be like this:
You select dispatch and hold a button (a another button other then alt [ctrl maybe???])and then click on on the place you want to dispatch while still holding the ctrl button (you can release the mouse button now), the connection units will continue to dispatch units until you release the ctrl button or until you run out of units.
Last edited by exdeath on 21 Sep 2008, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Not possible.
exdeath

Post by exdeath »

ok
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I fixed the LUA AI thing so it works under 77b3 and handle hackers. Not proud of the ugly code I added in there to fight the idleness of workers, but it works. I'll try to release it along with a tiny frontend within the week.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Does everything else work in 77b3?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Found nothing else broken.

Did I say within the week? Must have meant within the month. It was supposed to be included with Spring77b5, but sadly that narrowly failed.
Kernel_Panic_30.zip

KP 3.0 changelog:
- LuaAI now works with both System and Hacker
- Added a tiny frontend to easily start single player games
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

zwzsg wrote:It was supposed to be included with Spring77b5, but sadly that narrowly failed.
Doesn't the installer fetch whatever is the latest version when it's being run, not when it was compiled?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Could you describe in the few words what is the bug?

I downloaded that replay, and it worked well. The AI battled for a couple minutes, and then there was a "You Won" screen.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

it looked like my ally was mending enemy com. look at its hp.

Return to “Kernel Panic”