bloom(lua download) - Page 3

bloom(lua download)

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

asuming your computer can handle it, what do you prefer?

pic 1(no bloom)
18%
pic 2(less bloom)
76%
pic 3(more bloom than 2)
6%

Total votes: 34

AF
AI Developer

Re: bloom(lua download)

Post by AF »

Impressive, what Id like to see is Jks cloud shadow widget, the new water, the waves, and this bloom all together
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

AF wrote:Impressive, what Id like to see is Jks cloud shadow widget, the new water, the waves, and this bloom all together
i hope the new spring version comes soon, it has the water fix for 8000+ cards so you can see normal water :shock:
smoth

Post by smoth »

my problem with the current bloom is that it is spotty resulting in a splotchy look.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

smoth wrote:my problem with the current bloom is that it is spotty resulting in a splotchy look.
yep, trying to change that but not much time atm, off from school for a few months from coming monday so will have more time then
Falcrum

Post by Falcrum »

Why after change drivers ( for GeForce 7800 ) for new, bloom not works?
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Falcrum wrote:Why after change drivers ( for GeForce 7800 ) for new, bloom not works?
i dont know:(
Argh

Post by Argh »

Tried it on the 7800 at home... framerate goes from 150 to 24. Not exactly something I'd recommend yet, for practical use, but I haven't looked at the code yet, so I don't have the slightest clue yet why it's running so slow.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Argh wrote:Tried it on the 7800 at home... framerate goes from 150 to 24. Not exactly something I'd recommend yet, for practical use, but I haven't looked at the code yet, so I don't have the slightest clue yet why it's running so slow.
i dont have this problem with my 8600gt goes with everything on from 40to 38, wtf why is your framerate at 150!?, but anyway, new version, pics coming tommorow, very tired now, the new version had alot of inprovement, check it out!
Attachments
BloomshaderV4.lua
new bloom
(17.22 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Last edited by Hoi on 22 Jun 2008, 10:10, edited 3 times in total.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

BloomShaderV4.lua wrote: author = "Hoi",
Don't push it please.

Code: Select all

diff BloomShaderV3.lua BloomShaderV4.lua
3c3
<               name      = "BloomShader (v0.3)",
---
>               name      = "BloomShader (v0.4)",
5c5
<               author    = "Kloot",
---
>               author    = "Hoi",
Argh wrote:Tried it on the 7800 at home... framerate goes from 150 to 24. Not exactly something I'd recommend yet, for practical use, but I haven't looked at the code yet, so I don't have the slightest clue yet why it's running so slow.
You'd almost think there was a reason I didn't release this myself. ;)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

All your Lua are belong to me!
Argh

Post by Argh »

i dont have this problem with my 8600gt goes with everything on from 40to 38, wtf why is your framerate at 150!?, but anyway, new version, pics coming tommorow, very tired now, the new version had alot of inprovement, check it out!
Dear Hoi:

You probably have your drivers improperly tuned. I get 300FPS on the map I used to test with before I start up P.U.R.E., with shadows off, water turned to 1.

That said, the relatively low drop in performance you're reporting is interesting- perhaps acceleration of GLSL fragment shaders runs far more efficiently on that hardware than it does on the previous generation, despite fairly low differences in overall speed.
You'd almost think there was a reason I didn't release this myself.
Yeah. So... the only ideas I have, smart or not, is that what I see is that there are a heck of a lot of passes involved, and that running passes over anything but S3Os is probably a very big waste of GPU time. Who wants bloom on the hills and stuff like explosions, anyhow? You can fake bloom on explosions easily enough, imo.

However, I'm too stupid about how this works, I need to go back to that code demo and read, I think, before I utter anything incredibly ignorant.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If that's so then perhaps a few pointers on driver tuning for spring would be in order?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Meh, I put out that stuff quite awhile back. I don't think much has changed.

And I'd want to hold on until the SVN builds are pretty stable, graphics-wise, before really doing any serious torture-tests again.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Kloot wrote:
BloomShaderV4.lua wrote: author = "Hoi",
Don't push it please.

Code: Select all

diff BloomShaderV3.lua BloomShaderV4.lua
3c3
<               name      = "BloomShader (v0.3)",
---
>               name      = "BloomShader (v0.4)",
5c5
<               author    = "Kloot",
---
>               author    = "Hoi",
You'd almost think there was a reason I didn't release this myself. ;)
lol the idea was author = kloot, changed by hoi but i was tired:) changing in a few sec

e: org now
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

What if all co-authors of a collaborative work would add that much text?

Just adding your name after kloot's, seperated by a comma should be enough, like Author: Kloot, hoi
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

rattle wrote:What if all co-authors of a collaborative work would add that much text?

Just adding your name after kloot's, seperated by a comma should be enough, like Author: Kloot, hoi
it will seem that ive made it, what i didnt, i just tuned it
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

Bloom is included with fine tuning in CA now, off by default tho due to some peoples compatibility issues.

Personally i think this bloom shader should only affect units, water, and effects like explosions and weapons. It makes map textures look shitty, and catches the worst things to bloom in some maps I've seen.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

i think a bloom shader which dusnt bloom anything woulld look crap, some maps look really good with bloom some dont look as good its all to do with the author of the maps choice of lighting and settings tbh i think bloom should bloom everything like it does (maybe not the skybox).

Also fog catches bloom on maps which is a bad thing imo that should be ignored to.

But so far so good i like it
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

This isn't the bloom shader being broken, this is mappers being lazy and not thinking about lighting.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

???

This widget is a POST EFFECT.

It can't take anything like map lighting, unit specular lighting etc. into account.

Therefore you need an engine based system, which can render everything into a floating point texture, so you can differ between ambient and specular lighting+self illum. etc.

Return to “Lua Scripts”