JAVA / FLASH

JAVA / FLASH

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cabbage

JAVA / FLASH

Post by Cabbage »

Tally ho!

Does anyone know of a program that will let you record JAVA or flash, along teh same lines that FRAPS will let you record footage from a game or film?

Recording a java or flash internet game for expample, although thats not what i want it for, it should work perfectly..

Had a quick look for some sort of java one, but havn't managed to find anything..

Re: JAVA / FLASH

Post by Posts »

its not clear to me what you want

a free alternative to fraps http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/

if you want to make a local copy of the flash/java software, you save it sort of how you would save an image, expect right clicking won't help, you'll want to open the html source and look for the swf/whatever, load that single file then save the page, or use a command line downloader on the file.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Sorry, i'm not very articulate :p

If i want to record footage from a game or film, ive got fraps or some other similar program thats fine.

What i mean is, is there somthing else along the same lines that will let me record a java or flash based game / cartoon or whatever.

For example, i can use fraps to record footage for a spring video, but what would i use if i wanted to record footage from a java game to make a video?

Post by Posts »

so you want to record a small box instead of the full screen?

i've never used fraps but i know that camstudio can be set to only capture a small box
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

well fraps only records certain things, its not the size im worried about, i would be fine recording a whole webpage, i can always edit it out. It simply cant record java or flash stuff, which is why im hoping someone might know of a specific program designed for the purpose, i'll give that cam thing a try though..
Shoxter

Post by Shoxter »

Try Hypercam, I used to use it for recording things off youtube and such.. it should do java/flash as it just records whatever is in the frame.

linky> http://www.hyperionics.com/
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Shoxter wrote:Try Hypercam, I used to use it for recording things off youtube and such.. it should do java/flash as it just records whatever is in the frame.
Ehm - you know you just can grab those videos on Youtube instead of "filming" and compressing them yet again?
Shoxter

Post by Shoxter »

Yus I do now ^^ hence 'used to'

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”