Spring Strategies, each and everyone! - Page 3

Spring Strategies, each and everyone!

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

bwansy wrote:Is "crawling bomb+aerial transpert=flying bomb" feasible? I think if a player forgets to have AA for long enough for his/her enemies to tech up, he/she deserves to be bombed this way. Good for comm ends=true games. Also for sea battles, having some scout ships/hovers to distract a group of cruisers and/or battleships, then send a sea transport fully loaded with crawling bombs and kaboom!! Hover transports might work as well.
They do.

My favorate stratagy? George S Patton said it best: Fixed fortifications are a testement to the stupidity of man.

To translate: Never EVER EVER get bogged down in trench warfare. Keep your front line moving, even if it is backwards, because that way, you're always on a war of attrition....
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

This is my favourite line from the Art of War
The general who is skilled in defense hides in the
most secret recesses of the earth; he who is skilled in
attack flashes forth from the topmost heights of heaven.
Thus on the one hand we have ability to protect ourselves;
on the other, a victory that is complete.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

BlackLiger wrote:
bwansy wrote:Is "crawling bomb+aerial transpert=flying bomb" feasible? I think if a player forgets to have AA for long enough for his/her enemies to tech up, he/she deserves to be bombed this way. Good for comm ends=true games. Also for sea battles, having some scout ships/hovers to distract a group of cruisers and/or battleships, then send a sea transport fully loaded with crawling bombs and kaboom!! Hover transports might work as well.
They do.

My favorate stratagy? George S Patton said it best: Fixed fortifications are a testement to the stupidity of man.

To translate: Never EVER EVER get bogged down in trench warfare. Keep your front line moving, even if it is backwards, because that way, you're always on a war of attrition....
Congrats Liger u pretty much just called 80% of the spring community stupid :wink:
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Is that becasue you think 80% of people build static defenses?

If so... he's not realy saying there stupid, hes actully right. Defenses can move as well you know (Atleast... you can move your defensive line forward by building in front of it.) However he is saying people that build a base and dont move it forward stupid... people that pork to an insane level. But that is stupid.

aGorm
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

I say Blackliger is to optimistic. <_<
manored

Post by manored »

Avoid attacking a heavy laser tower with level 1 bots: then i try they almost always get blasted before doing any damage :( .
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Hover trans are really slow and unmanuverable.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yeah, I noticed that in a game I spectated a few weeks ago - this player went Hovers for the transports and tried to catch and destroy an enemy Commander. Eight hovers couldn't do the job - far too slow.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

I tried that once, if they were a little faster and more manuverable, their arm is quick enough to pick up a walking com, but getting them into position is the problem.
Hoi

Re: Spring Strategies, each and everyone!

Post by Hoi »

on maps with realy high almos onclimable mountains(like speedmetal) i use atv's to walk over them(they can really pass everything:) to avoid the enemy defenses:)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Building dt in ba? thats a waste of time,they are expensive as shit ..easier to build another tower.

For best comnap..take many atlases and make em land around the com in a tight circle than nap with some more atlases.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

Dont make DT, they are for pros only.

What is with the epic thread bump?
manored

Post by manored »

You mean someone posting a lot of tactics?

CA tips (might work for others mods depending of the tactics)
#Stupid mistakes:
*Forget to make AA: Whoever forgets to make AA WILL get raped. try to have AA as soon as possible winhout compromissing your expansion, something around 10 mins should do. Also remember that AA lasers/chainguns are innacurate so you should count their range as a lot smaller and since they are cheap place then in various distant from each other spots.
*People who dont make scouting parties for huge robots, artillery or snipers: Even the bigger and meanier robot is vulnerable then alone, and in games where those robots are born there are usually lots of commys ready and with enough energy to do cloack+stealth and dgun it. Also just because your enemy is making a defense line it DOESNT means he cannot have mobile stuff hiden behind it that can jump forward and kill your weak arti. Also, tough snipers usually have to be alone because they cloack, this doesnt means you cant have a group of fast units waiting to jump for the rescue if he is charged...
*Forget or just plain ignore the treat of very alternative attack tactics, such as amphibious or all-terrain on uncommon spots or nuke/BB bombardement. Im not saying that you should be perfectly protected against everthing, as this way there would be no resources left to win. Just make a few towers and probally a wall of some kind in places such as beaches and mountain-sides that treaten you, and always make a anti-nuke late game (30mins) and, if you have a lot of econ, make shields to protect its core from bombardement.
*Make the same attack 3 times. 2 times pass as you produce the second group and the first makes its move, but its just stupid to make it 3 times as if the enemy is still alive he WILL be as ready as he can be with whats left. Off course that if you are sure there is barely anything left that is acceptable.
*Attack winhout scouting before and after: If you dont wanna waste metal you should scout before to determine what attack you will use and after making the arm to make sure the situation didnt changed. Except with air as the first scouting would compromisse the whole thing, so you should only late-scout.
More stuff later
Last edited by manored on 21 May 2008, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
manored

Post by manored »

Good job making sure I didnt understood what you said :)

Why lock? Now that I fell that I have a unlimited amount of CA tactics to dumb here :)
Tribulexrenamed

Manored, now that I have identified your weaknesses, I would like to play a game with you.
manored

Post by manored »

Those mistakes are from my allies :(

Some tips about attacking:
*SCOUT
*Dont assault unleash you are sure it will succeded
*If you see a clear path to the enemy economy send raiding units and not utterly slow stuff
*Dont try to take down heavy defensive positions with assaults, but rather with indirect fire such as arti or air
*Have troops ready to move in after you have taken out a defensive position or it will be of little use
*If you wanna attack with air an enemy with decent defenses, bombers are the weapon of choice.
*Try sending lots of cheap aircraft, such as scouts, along with bombing parties to distract the enemy anti-air
*Avoid making a nuke or a BB unleash you are clueless about what to send. They usually do well in those situations.
Tribulexrenamed

No, I know that you make AA about 10 minutes into the game. I will come upon you quickly and swiftly from above.
manored

Post by manored »

Tribulex wrote:No, I know that you make AA about 10 minutes into the game. I will come upon you quickly and swiftly from above.
Well thank you for letting me know this :)
overkill

Post by overkill »

I SPAEM FLAESH
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

over i was just about to post that

:(

Return to “General Discussion”