Help wanted: redo textures - Page 2

Help wanted: redo textures

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

SJ wrote:There is two bits of it doomweaver, one bit the specular one works pretty much like you said, the other one which is mostly visible at higher reflection values is that it starts reflecting the sky and ground around the unit.
it uses specular
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

I've made alphas for about 1/4 of all the textures, i'l keep you guys posted...

Would anyone happen to know what texture is used for the "white sphere" on core fusions? (or were they fissions...)

and more importantly, what texture is generaly used for a) windows on vehicles, cockpits on planes... and B) gun barrels.

Here's what i've made so far, more to come...

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1366
SJ

Post by SJ »

Core fusions use color values and not textures iirc.

You probably wont be able to get barrels to look good, they need to be at least six sided for the engine to consider them round (angle between surfaces <63 degrees) and otherwise the reflections wont look round.

Both the above would need new better models to be solved ...
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

any chance of normal mapping anytime soon, then?
That way, even square barrels could look round...
Mugslugs

Post by Mugslugs »

i was just wondring where are the rest of the textures because ive already done all of the textures in the root/base archives, but the reflection is really somthing
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

A lot of the common textures were in the ArmVehic and CorVehic sets in OTA... you could load up those sets in GAF Builder to see which textures are a part of them.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

So what is the easiest way to get this working? I still see no cool reflections...:(
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

1: download the version SJ linked to and put in your spring dir
2: download the the other files and put them in spring/shaders
3: download my stuff and drop it in spring, the directories should be setup in the archive.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I have shadows and water reflections on, all the files in the right place...but no reflections...I must not have a video card which supports it :(

Is there any drivers I should download? anything for a GeForce FX 5700?
Last edited by GrOuNd_ZeRo on 25 Aug 2005, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
shnorb

Post by shnorb »

are there plans to have animated textures as ota did?
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

It had animated textures? Since when? And on what units?

This would be a very cool feature if it was implemented somehow.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I figured it out now...pretty cool, still not as reflective as SJ's screenshots...

is it possible to have alpha in textures now? that would be beyond awesome with the reflective surfaces now, just imagine an airplane with reflecting glass, would be awesome if sunlight was reflected and produced glare :shock:

When will lenseflare be implented?

[edit] anyone able to inform me how to edit layers? i'd like to experiment with transparant textures with alpha...
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

alphja is currently used for shininess, are there any plans for a new (many channel) texture format, even for the far future of the project?
SJ

Post by SJ »

We havent yet quite decided how the texturing will be handled in the new unit format (other than that it will be able to use uw coords etc)
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I hope alpha levels in textures will be considdered, i'd almost kiss you if you did...lol

can anyone explain how to create seperate layers in a .TGA file? i'd like to experiment on TA:WD units with this new shininess!
Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

Every seems to keep forgetting about the model project that was undertaken some time ago.

Here are a bunch of higher poly models, by assorted people on tauniverse.com.

http://www.dbbr17626.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... /index.htm
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

I havent frogoten about you guys, just that right now i`m going for a short tour around quebec before going to uni, as such i only have the occasional internet cafe and dont have photoshop, or spring, at my disposal. Tommorow or the day after i shjould be set up with my real computer, and will probably start on more textures but i`l have schoolwork to do so probably at a somwhat decreased rate, anyways, after i`m done this i`l get to work on some models, infact i already have a hammer that just needs some poly-reduction, i`l keep you posted.

Return to “Art & Modelling”