CORE Copperhead +1 - Page 4

CORE Copperhead +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

reivanen

Re: CORE Copperhead +1

Post by reivanen »

This latest version of the unit is clearly the best imo. Nice work! When all units get redone and the logos reworked you get rid of the much debated IP without raping the looks by going CA spherebot or armmex style (hurts to think about 'em and *Annihilation in the same sentence ;))
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

ontopic : awesome work mr D looks really nice looking forward to seeing it ingame

on a sidenote stop bitching about the new models people are making for CA its suposed to be moving away from OTA IP and suposed to look totally different just because it shares a name dusnt mean it needs to be an exact copy stop being close minded :/ springs engine would be wasted if it was just used to recreate OTA

Mr D's work is top notch and are faithful nicer looking recreations of what OTA could look like with enhanced models
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I just wish I could get in touch with the Devs of TA, and anyone on the actual game design team to try and dig up some of the original artwork used in building the game.

That would be the sweetest accomplishment ever.

I mean, there is so little of it floating around, wish there was more.
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

Hey Mr.D, here's a blog by one of the OTA devs: http://ton-of-clay.blogspot.com/

If you look on the right, there's some psots of TA-ncient History that may be worth looking over.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Guessmyname wrote:Actually I figured that was more to do with the big Zeon-style red eye you gave it...
Go look at it again, it has transparency there. That was from when I was working on it, the final model had a huge glow inside of the helmet.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Slowly coming along, still playing around with the cannon section though.

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Looks great! perhaps a little too grey mind
Elkvis

Post by Elkvis »

it looks cylon.

I like it though. Very nice.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

looks cool, though I always imagined the copperhead with a smooth head, sort of like a radar dome.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well the only thing I don't like is the look of the cockpit. That's way too much K-Bot-style imo as it looks like a bot on tracks just like the T1 in Terminator 3 for example but not really like something from the vehicle / tank tree. It creates too much of a feeling of it being the "head" and having an "eye" there which is something I'd keep K-Bot-only...

Besides that it looks cool...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Eeeek, those wheels look iffy. I don't like how they have nothing else around them. The wheels themselves are nice, but they don't look like they'll fit.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

That is because the texture isn't quite finished yet, I guess.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Looking very good. You're getting much better at doing gritty textures.

How would it look if you inverted the face area, where the 'eye' is, so that the horizontal red strips became grey, and the circular 'eye' bit became red?

May not work, but it could look quite nice...
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Does it actually have an articulated 'neck', so that it can move up and down?

It appears to. Would be a shame if that didnt actually move, though im not sure how you'd incorporate it in the anim. (Perhaps part of a recoil?).

As for the red 'eye', mr.d has been going for a sort of red-stripes-as-eyes for Core, AFAICT. To have a circular red eye now would kinda break that.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I love it! As soon as it's in the game I'm only going to spam copperheads!! NOTHING ELSE!!!
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Yes, its articulated.

Its the same bend that is in the OTA model, I just separated the parts and built into the design to allow it to actually fold down.

I had planned on having it setup to be folded down and stowed during construction only or maybe idle, but unfolded and upright during travel when you will most likely be expecting combat against aircraft & when reaction time is critical.

The main turret and guns sit higher than the original too, so maybe that will fix the LOS issue of nearby units and vehicles blocking its view and stopping it from firing properly when in those situations.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Looks awesome, looks a lot meaner than its actual purpose though haha
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

You could have it still capable of firing while packed (but still unpack when it starts firing), or use a secondary weapon to detect if enemies are in near its range (flak already uses a bogus missile), or unpack only once (like the jethro).
MDV

Post by MDV »

Very beautiful! :shock:
But who will make such units for Arm? :(
Masure

Post by Masure »

You don't care you'll play core

Return to “Art & Modelling”