Complete Annihilation News - Page 23

Complete Annihilation News

A dynamic game undergoing constant development and refinement, that attempts to balance playability with fresh and innovative features.

Moderator: Content Developer

chillaaa

Re: Complete Annihilation News

Post by chillaaa »

manored wrote:CA is upgraded too frequently: Its not viable to play the latest version winhout using the CA downloader to download it.
And what's the issue with having CA Downloader running in the background all the time?
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I like seeing new stuff, makes it feel alive. Hate things that never get updated. Not like it takes long to download anyway.
manored

Post by manored »

chillaaa wrote:
manored wrote:CA is upgraded too frequently: Its not viable to play the latest version winhout using the CA downloader to download it.
And what's the issue with having CA Downloader running in the background all the time?
Now there is no issue anymore, but CA downloader used to crash like ever ten minutes :)
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

True that manored...
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

OK, but what if you can't run CA Updater?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

http://trac.caspring.org/wiki/PythonDownloader

http://files.caspring.org/snapshots/
We have gone over to a different commit model. Stables are now the standard version to play, rather than every single commit anyone makes creating a new version. It might be viable to keep up to-date just with snapshots, though we still release stables relatively frequently.
kiki

Post by kiki »

python ftw. I could run that on a pda if i wanted to.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I have a small, problem: TASClient and SpringSp doesn't find CA versions anymore : I have to recompress them manually under .sd7
What can be the cause of this?
Licho
Zero-K Developer

Post by Licho »

Delete all your ca .sdz.
Probably 64bit compression files created by older cadownloader version
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'd like the python one get at least some sort of a gui. Zenity, PyGTK, anything :?
ginekolog

Re: Complete Annihilation slowdown

Post by ginekolog »

Hi,
may ask how can i speed up CA in general? When i try to move 500 corraid i get 25 fps in BA but 2 in CA? I tried to /luaui disable lua but on CA it does not help much. What else to try?

Btw i have nv7600 GT and atlhon 3200. Are all those lua addons causing it to lagg more?

Its nice mod otherwise.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Re: Complete Annihilation slowdown

Post by Saktoth »

ginekolog wrote:Hi,
may ask how can i speed up CA in general? When i try to move 500 corraid i get 25 fps in BA but 2 in CA? I tried to /luaui disable lua but on CA it does not help much. What else to try?

Btw i have nv7600 GT and atlhon 3200. Are all those lua addons causing it to lagg more?

Its nice mod otherwise.
corraid (ravager) uses an experimental complex 8 spring (or something) suspension script. Since you are never likely to see 500 of them on the battlefield at once, this isnt a problem for the ravager itself. Most other tanks use less complex suspension

If you are having issues with other units though, right now, performance is our main priority and most of the latest commits have been efforts to increase performance.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Isn't the ravager a T1 tank? If so, I'd say it's pretty much possible to have a lot of them on the battlefield... maybe the suspension complexity should be reduced a bit?
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

BlueTemplar wrote:Isn't the ravager a T1 tank? If so, I'd say it's pretty much possible to have a lot of them on the battlefield... maybe the suspension complexity should be reduced a bit?
Its the most expensive t1 tank in the game, and even though its a main battle tank like the Stumpy, you arent going to see that many. Not 500, at least.

If it proves to be a problem in game then we can fix it, these things have to be stress-tested in real situations for a reason.
Jamuk426

Post by Jamuk426 »

I don't know how well it would work out in gameplay, but what if you could stockpile metal and save it for later?

You could make a block of metal feature, like dragonsteeth. Each would have higher metal values, say 500 maybe, and would allow you to save up over time for a rainy day, while also providing a short term way to stop metal overflow.

If you set a conbot building a block of them, you would be able to reclaim them later on in an emergency while only creating a small impact on your economy.

Like I said, I'm not sure how well it would work out, but I thought it might be a neat idea, and would require very little work to put in place.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Cool. Kind of like metal storage but enemies could actually steal it, in theory.
Jamuk426

Post by Jamuk426 »

Exactly. So, anybody else have any opinions on it? It would be very beneficial to starting expensive units as well, as you could store up the metal beforehand, without requiring access to the build site.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Jamuk426 wrote:Exactly. So, anybody else have any opinions on it? It would be very beneficial to starting expensive units as well, as you could store up the metal beforehand, without requiring access to the build site.
Nobody would ever use it unless you removed all other metal storage. manual metal storage would be too much of a PITA.
Jamuk426

Post by Jamuk426 »

Yeah, you may be right. I just thought that having a way to accellerate expansion would make tactics such as building forward bases more viable, as you could store up and have a large supply of metal to build and afterwards create units with.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Have to say, metal storage seems to fill that role pretty well and is quick and cheap. I liked the idea of raidable metal storage, but I think that'd cause game balance problems.

Return to “Zero-K”