New version, 0.62b1

New version, 0.62b1

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

New version, 0.62b1

Post by Fnordia »

A new Spring version has been released, fixing a few bugs and adding some new features as well. Some of the more notable changes are:

- Fix for the crash when units exploded
- Updated lobby client, adding AI and demo replay support
- When shadows are enabled, you will see unit textures reflecting their surroundings.

The full changelog can be found here. You will need to update to this version in order to connect to the multiplayer lobby.

Update: Just to clear any confusion, the AI support mentioned is only the framework for using an AI DLL. You will need to download an actual AI DLL before you can play against a computer opponent. Right now there are none available however since JCAI is not compatible with the updated interface, but hopefully a working version will be released soon.

If you have installed any 0.6x version already, you only need to download the updating installer. To upgrade any other version or to do a fresh install you will need the regular installer.
Last edited by Fnordia on 25 Aug 2005, 21:48, edited 2 times in total.
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Lobby client changelog from 0.12 to 0.13:

* added ability to watch replays within the lobby ("REPLAYS" button)
* added custom UDP source port support
* added AI support
* added "GAME SETTINGS" button in preferences screen (it launches settings.exe)
* player list in battle screen is now double-buffered (it no longer "blinks")
* added auto connect on startup option
* fixed issue with lobby freezing when joining a battle (in certain cases)
* player list box is now double-buffered (no longer blinks)
* other minor changes (clear window (popup menu), ...)
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Could you make shadows and reflections indepentend options? They dont have anything in common but a needed rendertarget support, and while shadows can slow down stuff majorly due to terrain self-shadowing, reflections shouldnt...
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Great work on the reaplay function, Betalord. Works like a charm.

Good that you can rollover mines...

But i dont see any new balance fixes for Xta... next version?
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

haha.
Noticed mines no longer can hold fire...

Oh it would be just TOO sweet to let a enemy build a base upon an "empty" startpos in castles, for example, only to nuke him much later, without him never realising what hit him :D
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

YAY! No more 'splody crashies! can't wait to test it out!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I have to say that your army becomes much more magestic when you see the sunlight glinting off there armour. And whatching a groupe of tanks move by your comander and seeing it refleted in his armour is REALLY cool! Totaly awsome reflections, but can we cut down on the 'pointless' shadows like terrain shadows and sutch?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

They're hardly pointless.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

Reflections are so hmmmm...sexy.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

All those nasty crashes are gone! I could play many matches in a row witout a single crash & reset! You're the world's greatest!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra wrote:They're hardly pointless.
well by pointless i mean my computer cant run them very well
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Great improvements, however the mines not being able to hold fire is a bit sad, so you when someone is trying to clear your mines with 2 roaches they will be pretty much gone and you can't prevent this (by doing something with the mines themselves)

I'm not a big fan of mines, they are annoying, but so should they be, and don't they decloak when there is not enough energy?
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

I have a bug:

When I rotate the camera, the units become sometimes transparents. Other players said me they didn't have this problem :? And it didn't happen in the previous versions.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

Hmm, I had this problem too, try messing with the unit LOD settings.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

I'm reporting that now, me and my mates can both join other people's games. (so i don't have to be always host anymore)

And without configuring anything extra. Mother was telling us to configure the UDP source port under options->misc in the lobby but we tried without it and it worked.
munch

crashes back!

Post by munch »

First off - great progress thanks to the main team and also to BetaLord - the replay view facility is excellent! (can I add a minor feature request to add a delete-replay button for those many games that start and fiinish 1 minute later when you realise you lost a player, or the start pos is wrong or...).

However, I have to say I have the opposite experience to the below player:
azaremoth wrote:All those nasty crashes are gone! I could play many matches in a row witout a single crash & reset! You're the world's greatest!
Previously, the stability of the game had been getting better and better, so that I rarely had a game crash on me. Since d/l the latest version, most games crash =( One thing I've noticed is that it's very map dependent, so that e.g. caldera always crashes on me within the first few minutes, whereas good ol' small divide has never crashed on me (so I end up playing on it a lot).

Anybody else have this problem?

Cheers

Munch
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

(can I add a minor feature request to add a delete-replay button for those many games that start and fiinish 1 minute later when you realise you lost a player, or the start pos is wrong or...).
There is a "Delete replay" button, haven't you noticed? It is in 0.14 version.
munch

Post by munch »

Betalord wrote:
(can I add a minor feature request to add a delete-replay button for those many games that start and fiinish 1 minute later when you realise you lost a player, or the start pos is wrong or...).
There is a "Delete replay" button, haven't you noticed? It is in 0.14 version.
Hi There!

I posted that message right before finding out I couldn't connect to the server because.... there's a new version out. Where do I d/l it???? The auto update thing didn't work. Please post a link!

Hope you're still on line.... and thanks for the new feature =)

Cheers

Munch
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Didn't work? Hm, did you try connecting with 0.13 client? What exactly did it say? (you may come to IRC on irc.quakenet.org, chan #sy, so that we won't flood the forums here)
munch

Post by munch »

Betalord wrote:Didn't work? Hm, did you try connecting with 0.13 client? What exactly did it say? (you may come to IRC on irc.quakenet.org, chan #sy, so that we won't flood the forums here)
Hi I take your point about not flooding the board - I've sent you the following as a PM. Please feel free to use PMs to follow this up - I don't use IRC or instant messaging generally - sorry.

Here's what I get when I click the "Yes" button on the do-you-want-to-download dialog:
Error: cannot send data: "GETFILE patch_013_
0141.exe"
I'm using TASclient 0.13

Cheers

Munch

Return to “News”