ARM* and CORE* Mission One Peeks.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Complicated

Post by Complicated »

These are drafts and definately not a definate use in the campaign, please note the * is relating that the word may not exsist as part of the game.

This is the Mission Briefing and Synphosis of the first missions of ARM* and CORE*

Code: Select all

Mission One [ARM]

ARM Forces have driven the CORE Vermin to the far parts of the galaxy. Round up the remaining CORE units on the planet of Koyabusa III and eliminate them... Updated Feed.. CORE units are searching from an old CORE Transport. The package inside is very dangerous and must be destroyed at all costs. General, you are incharge of this operation. The package must be destroyed immediately.

Additional Information
The moon is unhabital and serves no wind or trees for energy. So conserve your energy and take down the CORE Search Parties.

Mission -

CORE units are searching for the remains of an air transport carrying an experimental Command unit. The Commander Mark II. Similar upgrades of the ARM General Unit which has been issued as a standard Unit. The goal of the ARM here is to destroy this unactive Commander Unit.#

Mission One [CORE]

After the catastrophy of the Alien Beacon escapade CORE were furtherly more crippled. However the experimental Commander was not discovered until as of late. The ARM are searching Koyabusa III for the Transport Carrying the commander. You destroy all ARM Units and Retrieve the Command Unit inside the Hidden Bunker and reactivate it before ARM Reinforcements arrive. You will control the new AK upgrade and find the bunker hiding the Commander. You will have limited units to assist you. Do what you can do best.

Additional information
The planet is a moon-based planet with low gravitational and non-habital. There will be no energy reserves so be careful. Replacing your units will not be possible even with resurrection units.

Mission -

After learning the ARM's Discovery the CORE must locate and reactivate the CORE General. In doing so will assure the chance of the CORE's survival from extinction and possible create a staging area on Koyabusa III
Complicated

Re: ARM* and CORE* Mission One Peeks.

Post by Complicated »

The first mission is to practice how to micro and harrase units with little lose or none with a limited quantity of units. The Human player will have smaller numbers of units so that they have to take in the mission accordantly.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Ehhh..is this for CA?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Are you still recruiting?
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Lol depends on your skills.

CA was chosen for it's use of the engine. Unlike BA, CA is putting in effort and leaving IP which is the thing to do instead of clinging onto the past. CA is using the engine's FULL Capabilities and showing what the engine could do would "Sell" the game.
Gota

Post by Gota »

I can contribute in writing missions and the background story.
Nothing technical.
Ill need you to tell me what u have come up with,what is the background,who are Core and Arm and so on.
Any information important to the story basicly.
If you already created a world and decided on the background story fine i can work with that if not i can suggest something.

And if your making it for CA wouldnt you want to change the names?since CA are all about ip and stuff.

And another important issue is if you already have someone who really wants to write the story or is there room for me to do it.
Last edited by Gota on 02 Mar 2008, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.
Gota

Post by Gota »

TBH i dont really care for what mod it is.
Of course you will be doing other mods a favor if youll make missions as abstract as possible.
That means making as few missions as possible that include things that only ca has.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

all that is, is a teaser of what we're going to do.
Considering CA is leaving IP, the use of the stories from the OTA:CC Campaign is strictly forbidden. The full story writing will not commence until we have confirmed with the CA Devs the main designations of the units and factions.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Im not sure how your gonna do that since CA is constantly changing and so do the plans of the CA dev team.
IMO you can already make missions that will be built in such a way that it wont matter if there will be slight changes of can in the future.

And can you plase write about the settings and background story maybe in private i would much like to help with writing it.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

This project needs more technical implementation. Just make a mission, it doesnt even need a story, you need to get the AI, scripted events, and all the little technical elements in place first before you worry about a story. Truth is if you're all still learning how to do it it will probably be terrible and the best story in the world wont help it.

The main CA storyline is coming along, you can read about it here.

Implementation first, please. Get a framework down. Storyline details can be filled in once you have the capacity to actually make a mission. I dont mean to be rude Gota, but i dont think your english is good enough to be doing storywriting. Still, why dont you write down an example storyline if you really want to be doing story writing?
Gota

Post by Gota »

Saktoth are you part of the campaign team?

I guess that the position is filled and you dont need help with the story,or maybe you just want someone more qualified in your opinion.

I wasnt planning to have to prove something was just thinking you need some help after reading the above text.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

He is a CA Dev -.-;
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Anybody can write a story for a campaign ... but it seems as though when it comes down to getting the job done, nobodies up to the task.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Anybody can write a story for a campaign ... but does it blend?

Writing isn't as easy as it looks, or else we wouldn't have 9/10 Hollywood blockbusters.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

the best AI to use w/ single player missions is NTAI, though you will need to make a profile. its the only AI that can be customised to behave intelligently with starting units instead of just being confused.

srsly though, youve been harping on about this for AGES. I made a decent, working single player mission for XTA where you have a small base, have repeated scripted waves of scouts pass over, get lines of text telling you how best to defeat each unit or defence as you encountered it, renforcements arriving by air transport, and the enemy commander escaping into a sea transport and trying to float away- and all that under two hours! its been like 5 months since you started talking about this- just sit down and actually make the mission instead of just talking about it :p

just start with the example mission and maybe some of mighty thors NOTA missions and then mess them around in notepadtill it does what you want.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Saktoth are you part of the campaign team?
Im not working on a campaign if thats the question, but i am writing the story line (Because nobody else is). CA is an open source project, anyone can contribute stories, campaigns, missions, models, lua, whatever. If its good, we'll include it in some release or something.

Which is why, as IK says, you just gotta sit down and start making missions. Do the work, its all that matters.
I guess that the position is filled and you dont need help with the story,or maybe you just want someone more qualified in your opinion.
I actually have far too many jobs and we need as much help as it can get- CA is a massive undertaking and is always looking for contributors. If you can write a good (fitting) story, we will use it.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

arm com keyed core com's car! the rest is history.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

arm com keyed core com's car!
Repeat this sentence 10x times and as fast as you can... :-)
manored

Post by manored »

BlueTemplar wrote:
arm com keyed core com's car!
Repeat this sentence 10x times and as fast as you can... :-)
If you consider the somewhat comic loadscreens of CA, this would sound fitting :)
kiki

Post by kiki »

I am trying to finish a lua widget I am working on, and then maybe I can say I have enough experience to help.

Return to “General Discussion”