Voiced Balanced Annihlation 6.1 (Mod has been lost)

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

2008 YouTube video on an early version of this sound replacement project

Even newer post
The mod/game was put on Spring Downloader(torrent system) without any seeders. It is lost until further notice.

New Post
I have uploaded the mod at Filefront! - http://files.filefront.com/VBA61sd7/;96 ... einfo.html (Filefront itself had an incident)
And am hereby releasing it under Public Domain License(Though the mod BA is under NoiZe's jurisdiction, so other stuff other than sounds within it, is to be asked about and the use of them to NoiZe).

Old Post:
Just some sounds missing then I could release the Voiced Sound Effect Balanced Annihilation.
Though right now I have a problem! I added the sounds to the mod just by copying them from the windows explorer inside the archive with 7zip(Otacontent won't be needed to be changed, because the mod first searches the sounds in itself), but when I launch it in Spring it takes much much longer time on loading unit Defs and weapon defs(was 10 min. last time!), though with no heavy CPU usage. I'm starting to think that I doing it wrong with the adding! Help! :?: :|

Last edited by Pendrokar on 02 Aug 2013, 17:14, edited 7 times in total.
manored

Re: Voiced Balanced Annihlation 6.1 (95% vocal sounds complete)

Post by manored »

Please tell me they are gonna be robotic voices, I hate CA human voices... :(
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

manored wrote:Please tell me they are gonna be robotic voices, I hate CA human voices... :(
I didn't say a word in the mic! Just sounds! :lol:
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well I don't know what's wrong with that but did you already try to unzip the entire mod, put your files in the sounds directory and repack it then? You also didn't do a solid archive did you?
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

[Krogoth86] wrote:You also didn't do a solid archive did you?
Nop! As I said knowing that 7zip will compress(if there is any in sdz and sd7 files) I just moved the sounds in! Though I'll try what you said!
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

Pendrokar wrote:
[Krogoth86] wrote:You also didn't do a solid archive did you?
Though I'll try what you said!
do not use solid archive, it will increase compression ratio by only few percentages but will increase unpacking time a LOT, also will literally eat your ram while doing so. (if you wanna see an example in this category, the map total destruction uses the solid archive option and slows down my loading by 10 secs)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

It slows the engine down as well over time. I did this by accident once... or twice.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Brain Damage wrote: also will literally eat your ram while doing so. (if you wanna see an example in this category, the map total destruction uses the solid archive option and slows down my loading by 10 secs)
I didn't see any bitemarks in my RAM.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Awesome. I want this for CA, at least as an option, presuming the files arent fricking huge, what licence are you releasing under?
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

Saktoth wrote:Awesome. I want this for CA, at least as an option, presuming the files arent fricking huge, what licence are you releasing under?
I don't care what you will do with the sounds! So I'm going to release under GPL!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Pendrokar wrote:
Saktoth wrote:Awesome. I want this for CA, at least as an option, presuming the files arent fricking huge, what licence are you releasing under?
I don't care what you will do with the sounds! So I'm going to release under GPL!
Why not something everyone can use like Public Domain?
Pendrokar

Re: Voiced Balanced Annihlation 6.1 (Loading time problem)

Post by Pendrokar »

Strange I got it once to load very shortly but no luck again! I have a folder with all the mod files, I add them to an Ultra compression archive, then rename it to VBA61.sd7 and start. And the loading takes 10 min. again! BTW the mod is ready but until the loading time issue is not fixed I won't release it!

+ This was once with Kernel Panic too, in which archive I added a few sounds and the loading times for weapon defs and unit defs(depending on what kinda sounds I added) did take longer!

EDIT: @KDR K Public Domain it is!
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Ultra compression also means ultra decompression I think.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

That's true - the Ultra compression makes the loading process more memory and time consuming but not to THAT extent. The difference also only is a matter of seconds...

Well you should try it again with Normal compression as Ultra doesn't really give you any advantage when compressing mods. But for this being the reason for the slow loading your PC would need a really low amount of memory because the Ultra decompression on its own is said to take 66MB of memory...
Pendrokar

Re: Voiced Balanced Annihlation 6.1 (Available in 10 min.)

Post by Pendrokar »

Ok no more problems left!
I have uploaded the mod at Filefront! - http://files.filefront.com/VBA61sd7/;96 ... einfo.html
And am hereby releasing it under Public Domain License(Though the mod BA is under NoiZe's jurisdiction, so other stuff other than sounds within it, is to be asked about and the use of them to NoiZe).
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Re: Voiced Balanced Annihlation 6.1 (Available for download)

Post by Saktoth »

Public Domain isnt a License, its the lack of one. :P

And Noize's stuff is about as much Noize's as it was Caydrs and it was less Caydr's than it was OTA's. So dont worry about that.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Saktoth wrote:Public Domain isnt a License, its the lack of one. :P
No, PD is the absense of copyright. No license means no copying, no copyright means no limits.
Pendrokar

Post by Pendrokar »

KDR_11k wrote:
Saktoth wrote:Public Domain isnt a License, its the lack of one. :P
No, PD is the absense of copyright. No license means no copying, no copyright means no limits.
Let the Anarchy begin. :twisted:

BTW I have registered the mod on CA Downloader!
Gota

Post by Gota »

ehh.. tried it ....lol my com sounds like a squeking door..
Funny as hell though.
manored

Post by manored »

Pendrokar wrote:
manored wrote:Please tell me they are gonna be robotic voices, I hate CA human voices... :(
I didn't say a word in the mic! Just sounds! :lol:

Edit: checked the sounds... they are cool, but hearing then its clear that they were made by a mouth, so they dont seen to fit for BA... Thats because BA is not a comic mod also :)

Return to “Game Development”