Expand and Exterminate version 0.42 - Page 2

Expand and Exterminate version 0.42

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smokingwreckage

Re: Expand and Exterminate 0.41

Post by smokingwreckage »

Does anyone else find this takes an inordinate amount of time from fully loading the game to actually starting? Is this a LUA/ frame 1 thing?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

To play aliens you have to spam scouts. They are useful for expanding quickly, reclaiming, repairing and assisting.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

this is bitching awesome! hows KAI 0.13 support?
kiki

Post by kiki »

no morphing in ai = suck/terrible support
lurker

Post by lurker »

For two of the sides, you don't need to morph squat.
Relative

Post by Relative »

The aliens kick ass!
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

KAIK does a pretty good job of swarming GD tanks and 'copters. I can't beat it with URC at this point, but I ain't your leet player.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

The alien t2 transport has crashed 2 games I've played today.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

hrm... what exactly happened..?
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Google_Frog wrote:The alien t2 transport has crashed 2 games I've played today.
Stacktace?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

repeat + clone -> pseudo factory
Tobi
Spring Developer

Re: Copyright Violation Version 0.41

Post by Tobi »

Split copyright related discussion off for the second time...

Keep this thread ON TOPIC now please until A COPYRIGHT HOLDER complains about infringement.

TOPIC IS NOT COPYRIGHT (even though the topic title suggests it)
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Copyright Violation Version 0.41 is the best mod name ever!
I want CVV v0.42 though.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

yeah in case you couldnt tell.. Im done, Argh wins, I quit.. Im tired of dealing with crap cropping up anytime I try to do anything related to my mod.. I dont care if I was right, or wrong, or what have you.. I dont want to deal with this anymore. Im also certain if it wasnt this, it be something else.. I dont have the paitence for this anymore..
Zeikxx

Post by Zeikxx »

Felony 1 - mod

If Zeikxx says it Then its true.

For I have one leg.
Felony 3 - mod
Argh

Post by Argh »

No, I found what I did, and this started up again, because you asked me to figure out what, if anything, could be done with the Aliens. So, I had to go look at the LUA you were using, because their issues are timing issues :roll:

Personally, I think you should just re-release. If Aegis thinks it's fine and dandy, and jK and Licho and Trepan say nothing, that's all there is to it. Period. And I will leave you entirely alone. Period.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Argh, you have to understand that you handled this horribly. You started out with a stupid post poking at fang, and followed up with masses of complaints and saying EE should be removed, as if it's the only mod with any licensing problems.
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

I meant balance suggestions, as In they need a unit that does X, or Y unit needs to do more of Z.. ETC.. some sort of theoretical suggestions I could take under wing and then muse over.. not go through the entire mod piece by piece and give me a mechanical overhaul...

How am I supposed to release something now.. I personally feel like a criminal and outcast.. my interest in working on this has been completely destroyed.. Im not even sure where I stand, cause I dont have a law degree or the real interest to look up all this licencing stuff, and personally Id prefer to avoid the continued shambling through a minefield that has been my progress thus far. I might have not been in violation right now, but its clear that apparently this is a very fucking serious issue and since I dont want to go do research on it I might make a serious error later and really do some damage. So as it is Im pulling out.. Im certain this makes everyone else feel all fuzzy inside..
Argh

Post by Argh »

Argh, you have to understand that you handled this horribly. You started out with a stupid post poking at fang, and followed up with masses of complaints and saying EE should be removed, as if it's the only mod with any licensing problems.
Yes.
I meant balance suggestions, as In they need a unit that does X, or Y unit needs to do more of Z.. ETC.. some sort of theoretical suggestions I could take under wing and then muse over.. not go through the entire mod piece by piece and give me a mechanical overhaul...
I had to look at the mechanics of it, to understand what was going on. It's just how I think.
How am I supposed to release something now.. I personally feel like a criminal and outcast.. my interest in working on this has been completely destroyed.. Im not even sure where I stand, cause I dont have a law degree or the real interest to look up all this licencing stuff, and personally Id prefer to avoid the continued shambling through a minefield that has been my progress thus far. I might have not been in violation right now, but its clear that apparently this is a very fucking serious issue and since I dont want to go do research on it I might make a serious error later and really do some damage. So as it is Im pulling out.. Im certain this makes everyone else feel all fuzzy inside..
The problem here is that when you accept other people's work, you need to credit them, or show something that says, "hey, it's OK to use this". You've gotta expect people to look things over, and play it safe, Fanger. Especially after last time, I was surprised and immediately angry. Which is why I went off like I did.

Changing the lines in the LUA used to read "For E&E, by Aegis" or putting their names in your credits would have been fine. I didn't see that anywhere, and assumed the worst, frankly.
Last edited by Argh on 04 Feb 2008, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
Zeikxx

Post by Zeikxx »

felony 1 - mod

Return to “Game Releases”