Mac Binary Release - Page 19

Mac Binary Release

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

Echrei

Re: Mac Binary Release

Post by Echrei »

Internet and LAN games seem to work fine between a PowerBook G4 and a PowerMac G5. Even playing with someone over the internet doesn't seem to lag too much. I'll test between a PowerBook G4 and a MacBook Pro as soon as I get mine.
sathe

Post by sathe »

Hi guys i have just successfully loaded the latest release and i can see the Build icons.
However it is running a bit slow on my macbook, and i can't adjust the settings like in the windows version? How can i manually change everything to low, thanks

(Really appreciate this)
FidgetWidget

Post by FidgetWidget »

I've finally managed to successfully compile and use SpringLobby, however it complains about the following when I attempt to apply it's default settings:

Spring error:

SpringLobby is unable to detect your Spring version from the unitsync library.

You might want to take another look at your settings.

Any ideas? It also fails to detect any of my maps or mods. This is with the current binary release and OTA content installed.
theHive

Post by theHive »

FidgetWidget wrote:I've finally managed to successfully compile and use SpringLobby, however it complains about the following when I attempt to apply it's default settings:

Spring error:

SpringLobby is unable to detect your Spring version from the unitsync library.

You might want to take another look at your settings.

Any ideas? It also fails to detect any of my maps or mods. This is with the current binary release and OTA content installed.
Is springlobby set up to look in the right directories for unitsync/maps/mods? It should be pointing to folders inside the bundle, I think (presuming the structure of the bundle hasn't changed since I last used it).
desertlynx

Post by desertlynx »

sathe wrote:Hi guys i have just successfully loaded the latest release and i can see the Build icons.
However it is running a bit slow on my macbook, and i can't adjust the settings like in the windows version? How can i manually change everything to low, thanks

(Really appreciate this)

If I remember correctly from when Elio was doing this, the settings could be adjusted by opening the preference file:

~/Library/Preferences/de.berlios.taspring-linux.SpringRTS.plist
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

scripty wrote:hey!

thank you so much! 0.76b1+5330 is working fine on my macbook(core2duo integrated intel graphics).
build-icons only appear if spring is run in windowed mode via Fullscreen=0 in Preferences/com.clan-sy.spring.Spring.plist, which kills performance.

i also tested the same build on an intel imac with ati graphics. same issue with build icons.

(network play & AI untested, i'm into sm3 mapping)

thanx a lot for all your effort! keep up the good work! you rock!

scripty
In there more likely (check the bit in bold).
Commander

Post by Commander »

New release:

http://fabian.herb-clan.de/Spring-0.76b1+5419.dmg

Please check if you have build icons now, I fixed a few more GLuints. I switched to Leopard and still have them, before and after.

For those attempting to run SpringLobby, I included the unitsync library in this release. I tried running it myself with the help of the SpringLobby team, but no success so far.

This build of unitsync does not include python or java bindings.
desertlynx

Post by desertlynx »

Great Job, your work is much appreciated. I Will do what limited testing I can shortly.
Echrei

Post by Echrei »

I still don't get build icons or images in the loading screen.

Also, there appears to be duplicates of two Frameworks in the Frameworks folder. ogg.framework and vorbis.framework. Because of this, the Finder wouldn't let me copy the app because the file names were the same.
Commander

Post by Commander »

Echrei wrote:Also, there appears to be duplicates of two Frameworks in the Frameworks folder. ogg.framework and vorbis.framework. Because of this, the Finder wouldn't let me copy the app because the file names were the same.
Sorry for that. Here's another release:

http://fabian.herb-clan.de/Spring-0.76b1+5425.dmg
Last edited by Commander on 31 Jan 2008, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

Getting a not found for the above URL.

Some other things:
I tried adding Fullscreen=0 in to the com.clan-sy.Spring plist file and had no joy.
How do i change other graphics settings?
key binding; just add lines to the end of the uikeys.txt file (cant remember if thats correct one)
Echrei

Post by Echrei »

Commander wrote:Sorry for that. Here's another release:

http://fabian.herb-clan.de/Spring-076b1+5425.dmg
Thanks, you forgot a . in the 0.76b1 in the URL though :wink:
Echrei

Post by Echrei »

chillaaa wrote:Getting a not found for the above URL.

Some other things:
I tried adding Fullscreen=0 in to the com.clan-sy.Spring plist file and had no joy.
key binding; just add lines to the end of the uikeys.txt file (cant remember if thats correct one)
If you're trying to get Windowed mode, I got it by the -w flag when starting the app with the Terminal
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

Echrei wrote:
chillaaa wrote:Getting a not found for the above URL.

Some other things:
If you're trying to get Windowed mode, I got it by the -w flag when starting the app with the Terminal
Thanks, i'll try that when i can download the new build.
Echrei

Post by Echrei »

chillaaa wrote: Thanks, i'll try that when i can download the new build.
Use this URL
http://fabian.herb-clan.de/Spring-0.76b1+5425.dmg
Echrei

Post by Echrei »

In the latest build, there are still no build icons for me, but something changed, they used to be all white, now the kbot/vehicle/airplane/ship plants are grey rectangles. Not sure what this means but I wanted to say.
kiwi-flyer

Post by kiwi-flyer »

Thanks Commander, latest version still running well.

Few questions, is there a way to increase the max amount of units or is this set in the mod?
Also is it possible to add alliances to the game scripts?
yerdaddie

Post by yerdaddie »

I was able to get the binary release working.

My computer is Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz with Radeon X1600.

Process was:

1) download http://fabian.herb-clan.de/Spring-0.76b1+5425.dmg (put into Applications)
2) download BA60.sd7 (put into mods)
3) download Brazillian_BattlefieldV2.sd7 (put into maps)
4) download
http://ipxserver.dyndns.org/games/sprin ... ontent.zip
(put into base)

When I launch, it starts in fullscreen and is a bit garbled (textures are too large). Once in a game, I have white build icons.

To change to windowed version in the terminal:

Code: Select all

open ~/Library/Preferences/com.clan-sy.spring.Spring.plist
Then with Root selected, click New Child. Add Fullscreen and make its class Number and value 0.

When spring is started in windowed mode it shows build icons and load screens correctly.

Thanks for the hard work!
yerdaddie

Post by yerdaddie »

Next step is to try out the various lobby options. It looks like AFLobby isn't possible with the current build:
Unsatisfied link error Make sure you have a JNI aware UnitSync library, and that it is compiled correctly. Such a library should come as standard with spring 0.75+. If under linux, check that you've correctly edited the tags in settings.tdf to point to unitsync.so and spring. AFlobby needs the unitsync library to be able to use spring. Linux users need unitsync.so Windows users need unitsync.dll Apple Mac users need unitsync.dylib (Mac is not entirely supported and upto date mac builds of unitsync arent included due to time restrictions) /Applications/Games/Spring/unitsync.dylib: path variable = /Users/carson/bin library path = .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Applications/Games/Spring/unitsync.dylib:
How hard would it be to have a jni-aware version in the next release? Is it something I could build myself?
icd

Post by icd »

Hi,

Tried Spring-0.76b1+5425.dmg on my PowerMac G5 running OS X 10.5.1.

Game runs, got sound, can build things etc. No build icons, though. Also while the game is loading what looks like textures flash up.

Very promising progress though!

EDIT: Should've mentioned, video is Radeon 9600 Pro.
Last edited by icd on 03 Feb 2008, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mac OS X”