Advanced controls

Advanced controls

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

kiki

Advanced controls

Post by kiki »

Can someone explain the "ADVANCED WAIT CONTROLS OMGZ"? Also, what does ctrl + move do? (I cant play spring atm) TYVMIACAPSLOCK
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

CTRL+move makes all units move at same speed (slowest unit speed)
picard

Post by picard »

is there a list of all cotrols somewhere
I am thinking both satirks lobby and
ingame controls
For instance is there a command to send con's or other similar units to ONLY harvest metal wreckage
kiki

Post by kiki »

Wow, if only I had known CTRL move sooner. Custom formations just got tons more useful. :) I would appreciate a place to find other similar advanced controls or some listed here. Thanks alot!
drolito

Post by drolito »

lbctech wrote:Wow, if only I had known CTRL move sooner. Custom formations just got tons more useful. :) I would appreciate a place to find other similar advanced controls or some listed here. Thanks alot!
http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13065
This topic will help u a little i think ...
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

OH Look! What's this? Is it an exhaustive description of all the commands in spring? Oh my, it looks to be almost up to date and would be about a 10 minute job for someone who knows what they are doing to bring up to current information? How Interesting!!!

http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Using_Or ... ve_.28M.29
kiki

Post by kiki »

Well, some lulzor gave me the impression that there were secret undocumented ones that only he could have the genius to discover. Thats all. Thanks for your 10 minute job. You must be someone who knows what they are doing to bring up to current information. Its pretty interesting!
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

lbctech wrote:Well, some lulzor gave me the impression that there were secret undocumented ones that only he could have the genius to discover. Thats all. Thanks for your 10 minute job. You must be someone who knows what they are doing to bring up to current information. Its pretty interesting!
Sorry, I think you may have misinterpreted the direction of my sarcasm, I was trying to attack the people who actually know these controls and "undocumented features" but have not taken the time to update the wiki page that I linked to.

Most controls are well documented in that wiki page I linked to but I know there might be one or two new features missing, and the people who know about them are the (lightheartedly of course) people I am "calling out" as it where.

The answer to your original question IS answered by that document however and that is why I linked to it.

Wait and Repeat are the commands I think they are talking about with the OMGZORS stuff...
kiki

Post by kiki »

SinbadEV wrote:
lbctech wrote:Well, some lulzor gave me the impression that there were secret undocumented ones that only he could have the genius to discover. Thats all. Thanks for your 10 minute job. You must be someone who knows what they are doing to bring up to current information. Its pretty interesting!
Sorry, I think you may have misinterpreted the direction of my sarcasm, I was trying to attack the people who actually know these controls and "undocumented features" but have not taken the time to update the wiki page that I linked to.

Most controls are well documented in that wiki page I linked to but I know there might be one or two new features missing, and the people who know about them are the (lightheartedly of course) people I am "calling out" as it where.

The answer to your original question IS answered by that document however and that is why I linked to it.

Wait and Repeat are the commands I think they are talking about with the OMGZORS stuff...

More info about "undocumented" commands plxs?

Sorry for misinterpreting your sarcasm, I hope you did not misinterpret mine.
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

this whole issue is part of the whole lousy experiance a noob has to go through...(just to remind us all why we are not getting more players).
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

there were four wait commands added to the engine that used specific parameters to determine when the wait was released.

off the top of my head one used number of units at the waiting point... there are three others that were added... and iirc they were documented in the changelog... not sure what version they were added though..

also afaik they weren't bound to any keys so you'll have to manually do that if you want to use them.

EDIT: found em...

- Added "timewait [seconds] ["queued"]" action
- Added "deathwait ["queued"]" action
- Added "squadwait [count] ["queued"]" action
- Added "gatherwait" action
- Added "gathermode [0|1]" action

unfortunately thats all the documentation there is on them... in the changelog... though i seem to recall a thread in which specifics were mentioned.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Ty, timewait looks easy. However, I really have no idea what the others do.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

SinbadEV wrote:OH Look! What's this? Is it an exhaustive description of all the commands in spring? Oh my, it looks to be almost up to date and would be about a 10 minute job for someone who knows what they are doing to bring up to current information? How Interesting!!!

http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/Using_Or ... ve_.28M.29
Don't lie, those were recovered from a bunker in Berlin, Germany circa 1945!
Scratch

Re: Advanced controls

Post by Scratch »

so who's gonna figure out what they do, lazy ppl.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Dunno, bind them and try it?
kiki

Post by kiki »

I might if I am not too lazy
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I don't know how
smoth

Post by smoth »

does ctrl+move slow the unit or make them wait for the others?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Slows them.
kiki

Post by kiki »

slows them all to same speed. Does it do anything for position, eg pathing through a choke point?

Return to “General Discussion”