Remove the Sperm - Page 5

Remove the Sperm

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

hrmph

Post by hrmph »

Honestly I think the red logo looks worlds better than the white one.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

The red logos look cool, but only when they are large! When they get shruck they loss the contrast against a busy background. Also its a pain to uses somthing that small in flash it looks sucky.

aGorm
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

I think your right aGorm, still my logo looks nice here imho.

Doomweaver, it looks fine :-)
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

[quote="Tim Blokdijk"]I think your right aGorm...quote]

Of course I am. I do it as a living. (being right, not dsigning, although I sort of suppose I do a bit of that to...)

aGorm
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

How about Neuralize, Tim and aGorm work on this amongst yourselves and come to a decision for what the best logo is without us. Because this is exactly what happened for the logo thread - no one would could agree on the one. I suppose you guys should probably discuss what you think they need to showcase, in a nutshell, produce a few each, and amongst the three of you vote. Then you just need a site admin's permission.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

Neuralize wrote:SY's care not for art! This thread is pointless! :D
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

No, its not that they dont care, its that they cant do it themselves... :D

aGorm
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Hurray for programmer art!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

aGorm,. they're not interested in this.

Doomweaver, thats what i tried todo witht he logos but I got harassed for ti and it fell apart.

Tim that latest icnarnation of the red doesnt look tacky, having it all shiny with the vertices showing makes it look unproffessional. The white logo doesnt look to good if it isnt translucent either. And you used copyrighted material too tim.

But at least we can all agree that the sperm has to go.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

[quote="Alantai Firestar"]aGorm,. they're not interested in this...[quote]

Have you asked them then? THey realy bloody well should be if not. Whats the point of having a comunity with artists in it, if they dont use them to make things look spiffy?

Lets face it the sperm looks Crap. It does not represent the game, It does not contain the logo, and frankly, It puts people off. I get asked what spring is by people looking over my sholder and without even a screenshot they loss intreste.

WIPE OUT THE SPERM.

aGorm
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

WIPE OUT THE SPERM.
^^
;)
:twisted:
8)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Death to the sperm.

Perhaps we should create a sperm feature and show the new logo bar asa krogoth stepping on it.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Alantai Firestar wrote:Death to the sperm.

Perhaps we should create a sperm feature and show the new logo bar asa krogoth stepping on it.
Now hows useing copywrited material... :-)

aGorm
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Alantai Firestar wrote:...

Tim that latest icnarnation of the red doesnt look tacky, having it all shiny with the vertices showing makes it look unproffessional. The white logo doesnt look to good if it isnt translucent either. And you used copyrighted material too tim.

Right,... Alantai Firestar that response just works on my nerves.
[EDIT]I tried to ignore your post, I just can't this time.[/EDIT]

Why don't you make me a "tacky" "proffessional" logo then?
You have the source file's.

Making the logo translucent is a fun idea, play around with it!
If you mean transparency around the logo... in that case you must be using software that has not been in active development for more then 5 years I think.

And I did not use copyrighted material, the banner is made by hrmph he used the spring logo I made and put the commander behind it.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Well, while i dont agree with AI most of the time, some stupid half-gear in 255-0-0 red doesnt look like a logo, it looks like some child used mspaint for the first time.
And the fact that its slightly angled doesnt make it look artsy but like the creators couldnt manage a straight line in photoshop.

(its almost as bad as the sperm, imho)
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

imo WAY better than the sperm and more than good enough when a pretty screenshot is behind it. that banner OWNS sperm! :) nice work tim just to let you know it is appreciated!
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

IMSabbel wrote:Well, while i dont agree with AI most of the time, some stupid half-gear in 255-0-0 red doesnt look like a logo, it looks like some child used mspaint for the first time.
And the fact that its slightly angled doesnt make it look artsy but like the creators couldnt manage a straight line in photoshop.

(its almost as bad as the sperm, imho)

We are still waiting for your contribution... since you have the nerve to insult other peoples works.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I'd be happy to see any of the new banners.

The half-gear is so many more things, sunrise, snowflake, weapon and crown.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I meant being able to see partially through the white to what's behind. That is what translucent means?

And I just dont like seing shiny red models, by themselves, yeah if you ddo what neuralize did and put it facing you rather than at that angle and stick it in a symbolic palce it looks good..
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Ok, just to make a point (as was made in teh original LOGO thread...)

This is a site for spring. Not for TA. The fact spring is running TA content is infact something were trying not to mention.

Using an offical cavedog Wallpaper in this sites banner is just dumb if you bare that in mind.

This is not to say it wasn't a good idea or that it is crap, I personly like it. Its just we cant use it.

The banner needs 3 things:
1) to have spring on it clearly.
2) To have the spring logo on it.
3) to have some other intesting image that will give the user a small glimps of what it is about without using any offical art. We might get away with a few TA units maybe. But not any of the super renders from teh wallpapers.

Thats all im gonna point out.

(by teh way, seeing as I made the thred and have made suggestions, no one can complane i set the requirments to high...)

aGorm

Return to “Art & Modelling”