Complete Annihilation Campaign Thread

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Purpose

This Campaign will be based on a single player continued from the Original Total Annihilation Game. This Campaign will serve as a guide into Spring's Engine and to recognise the player with the game.

Plot Summary

Arm

After defeated the Core into an all out battle to deactivate the beacon, ARM sent out a New Commander Mark II with new Technoligies to locate and destroy Core Units that may of survived the War throughout the Galaxy.

**Maybe changed

Core

After the Catastrophy suffered at the hands of the Arm Rebellion. The Core Regrouped and back to Core Prime's Nearest Planet. The Planet a Terribally De-terrained and volitile waters. Using a small team with several Revival bots they began to rebuild the Empire and started Searching for the Abandoned Factory where a Prototype Mark II Commander Laid.

**Maybe changed

So far, we've decided on a few posts

Mission Coder and Writer
Lohengrin

Lua Coder and Editor
Quantum

Map Creator and Coder
Cronos

Start Menus and Installer
Licho

Mission Introduction Voice
Ianmac & Neddiedrow

Testers will be announced shortly when we find some but they won't be needed for a while.

Join the #cac channel to ask, help, suggest, and not annoy :D

At the moment, I'm going to work on sample Missions to flex my knowledge of the campaign mission with a few UF maps.

However testing will only work with one mod.

We will also need mutators with each having different buildlists for each/some of the levels. That way some units can be disabled so it forces you to learn that tier tree and tier level.

Hopefully before this is done, we will have the music added by then. :D
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

If we do decide for a video (polling in http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13028 )
then we will need a video artist. If it happens to be ingame shots, I'd ask Otherside to help create it unless someone else decides to help.

Someone good with camera movement and setting up videos. Like the Spring Trailer 2 or that interesting video Cabbage made. The Video shots in that were clean and spot on viewing. (Especially getting the Nuclear logo off that nuke.)

However making a video with great detail will take a long time to develop and unfortunately it is not in my area of experties :D
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Need music eh?

http://www2.fanaticalproductions.net:80 ... odule=news

This guys done quite a bit of work, he did the music for Sauerbraten if you want an example of what he does. Mostly instrumental metal basicly. He does a lot of non-metal intsrumental music, which is perfect for idle building and expansion in TA.
Hes made many albums, a lot of them for indie FPS projects, most of which have died since then. Seems to have no problem with people taking his work and using it with permission. I'm sure if you talked to him and asked his permission he would let you use some of his music in this campaign, or even spring in general.
Im personnally have become a fast fan of his music. You can talk to me for reccomendations of stuff suitible for spring. ive made sort of a pseudo-soundtrack for spring. I reccomend try taking a listen and see if you like it.

All we need now is a proper music player for spring... and dont link me to AF's music AI ffs >_>
manored

Post by manored »

Campaing sounds interesting...

Just dont make it insanely hard like populous 4 :) ( I needed a walkthrough to get past the first stage and not even with one I made it past the second)
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

manored wrote:Campaing sounds interesting...

Just dont make it insanely hard like populous 4 :) ( I needed a walkthrough to get past the first stage and not even with one I made it past the second)

There is populous 2 3 and 4?

I LOVE POPULOUS THE BEGINNING THAT FUCKING OWNED...

*goes to google and torrent*
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

LOrDo wrote:Need music eh?

http://www2.fanaticalproductions.net:80 ... odule=news

This guys done quite a bit of work, he did the music for Sauerbraten if you want an example of what he does. Mostly instrumental metal basicly. He does a lot of non-metal intsrumental music, which is perfect for idle building and expansion in TA.
Hes made many albums, a lot of them for indie FPS projects, most of which have died since then. Seems to have no problem with people taking his work and using it with permission. I'm sure if you talked to him and asked his permission he would let you use some of his music in this campaign, or even spring in general.
Im personnally have become a fast fan of his music. You can talk to me for reccomendations of stuff suitible for spring. ive made sort of a pseudo-soundtrack for spring. I reccomend try taking a listen and see if you like it.

All we need now is a proper music player for spring... and dont link me to AF's music AI ffs >_>
There is already a guy going to do music for spring. I can't remember the link though.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Complicated wrote:If we do decide for a video (polling in http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13028 )
then we will need a video artist. If it happens to be ingame shots, I'd ask Otherside to help create it unless someone else decides to help.

Someone good with camera movement and setting up videos. Like the Spring Trailer 2 or that interesting video Cabbage made. The Video shots in that were clean and spot on viewing. (Especially getting the Nuclear logo off that nuke.)

However making a video with great detail will take a long time to develop and unfortunately it is not in my area of experties :D
I'd be happy to help if need be..

http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=XHC

those are most of the spring vids ive made, bar a few half finished ones ive neglected :p
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Pom, any reason why the torrent of CA threads here can't be placed in a single 'CA' thread on the mods forum?

Something like this doesn't really belong here.

Good luck with the campaign though, I'd love to see a decent one pulled off in Spring.
manored

Post by manored »

Complicated wrote:
manored wrote:Campaing sounds interesting...

There is populous 2 3 and 4?

I LOVE POPULOUS THE BEGINNING THAT FUCKING OWNED...

*goes to google and torrent*
There is a 4, but im not sure whenever is official or fanmade. Its quite good regardeless... Except for people who never played the 3 because then its insanely hard for then
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Thanks Cabbage...

I'll write out a script for you to follow x']

============================================

To Warlord

Umm thanks and since this is spring related and probably will be added as a download link on the spring homesite... it should be on these forums :]
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Perhaps, but it's no different to any other mod operating within Spring, and many other mods have had their threads closed in this forum for similar reasons. CA's a great mod, but it doesn't deserve any preferential treatment.

If it were a big mod release thread, then it would be a little more acceptable, but it's just a discussion thread, just as any other mod discussion thread.

But eh, I'm no pedant, so tbh I don't really care, it just seemed unusual. I'll stop derailing now.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

CA is the most organised, 24/7 worked on mod in the entire community. People put alot of effort into CA.

It has far outclassed BA, AA, XTA, NOTA, FF..

and why was this moved to Mods Category...?

This ain't a mod, it's generally Lua... and Gui Scripting with added maps and a single mod with many mutators.

If it was to be moved... Lua or a new Forum regarding Single Player or other name would of been suffice, I would also wish to be notified accordantly in future.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

CA is still a mod, you just said so... Why then would the thread NOT be moved to the Mod section?
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

chillaaa wrote:CA is still a mod, you just said so... Why then would the thread NOT be moved to the Mod section?
Complicated wrote:CA is the most organised, 24/7 worked on mod in the entire community. People put alot of effort into CA.

It has far outclassed BA, AA, XTA, NOTA, FF..

and why was this moved to Mods Category...?

This ain't a mod, it's generally Lua... and Gui Scripting with added maps and a single mod with many mutators.

If it was to be moved... Lua or a new Forum regarding Single Player or other name would of been suffice, I would also wish to be notified accordantly in future.
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

It still has to do with the mod, period.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

It was moved to mods because you had like 4 topics about different branches of the same subject in the main forum. You can have one talent recruiting thread in the main forum, everthing else either goes in mods or it's respective development section (IE, lua coding discussion for this project goes in the lua forum, art and modeling discussion for this project goes in the art and modeling forum)

Feel free to link other threads from the thread in general discussion, just don't spam multiple threads in that forum.

[edit] the one thread you're allowed will be this one. I'm moving it back to general.
lurker

Post by lurker »

I can't even think about this thread without laughing now.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

Lolatlurker...

Please stop Yoyoing this thread through forums>.<;
Complicated

Demo Maps Announced!

Post by Complicated »

Maps for the demo will consist of 3 missions per side regarding the Campaign.

We will be making them Training Exercises for both sides. Demo one has been written and a voice over has been completed.
AI implimentations is being started.

Demo release date is not decided.. Expect January/Febuary

(I got more than just this campaign to do in life)
RavingManiac

Re: Complete Annihilation Campaign Thread

Post by RavingManiac »

Complicated wrote: Core

After the Catastrophy suffered at the hands of the Arm Rebellion. The Core Regrouped and back to Core Prime's Nearest Planet. The Planet a Terribally De-terrained and volitile waters. Using a small team with several Revival bots they began to rebuild the Empire and started Searching for the Abandoned Factory where a Prototype Mark II Commander Laid.
I suggest this:
Before Arm forces had launched their invasion on Core Prime, a new prototype commander was being built within a massive gantry buried within the side of a dormant volcano. At first, the Core had intended the prototype to be the first of a new generation of commanders that would supplant the current, fitted with more advanced technology and weapons. However, as the Arm assaulted the planet and defeat became imminent, it became the last remaining hope for the Core and all that it stood for. Thus the then partially operational prototype was hastily fitted with weapons and a nanolathe and, moments before the gantry was overrun by the Arm, launched abroad a shuttle into the depths of space.

Return to “General Discussion”