A reason for rage quit - Page 2

A reason for rage quit

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

Complicated

Post by Complicated »

So he was whining about nothing. Comet Catcher has around 50 metal spots. His fault for where he started, his fault for slow loading, and also his fault why he was about to be owned by such an idiotic tactic with the teeth.
carbon

Post by carbon »

HA! Photoshop... should have guessed. Me goes to download teh Photoshop widget... mmm lens flare and drop shadow for my boi's booties?!? pretty...
the-middleman

Post by the-middleman »

actually its Corel Photopaint
But I think you can do the same "effects" with paint
Orakio

Post by Orakio »

Firstly, I'm fairly sure I never said that map has chokepoints although I did talk about maps that don't. I said that map has almost no barriers.

Next, there was nothing wrong with my wall. If you check the replay I wasn't the only one doing something about the map's lack of barriers. Making it one layer more shallow might have been a good idea. Also the wall wasn't as thick as it looked, it was spaced.

Most important, and I don't know what has to be done for people to understand this. If you check the reply and actually look at the metal being made and wasted, well by the time I quit everyone on the team was wasting metal. It's very easy to say words like curve, exponential, but clearly no one actually bothers looking at the numbers. They didn't need mexes, they needed production. Even with a third less mexes they probably would have still been making a surplus. And because I had to divert my builder from making power to build mexes before an ally stole the spot before they even needed it I ran out of power during dgun. All this time while people are wasting metal, lallante's commander is sitting at the front doing nothing while the enemy push. And sure I could have done a better job at dgun (it was especially difficult because I'm not used to CA's dgun), however I'm fairly certain that if I didn't have to deal with the problem of all the mexes being sucked up needlessly I would have been able to pay more attention to the front and deal with the problem earlier.

Rage quiting because your allies are selfish hardly seems selfish to me.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

Orakio wrote:loads o' excuses
Team games are team efforts - as said before, there is no such thing as "your metal spots". Since you yourself state that metal is easily in excess, why were you in such a hurry to grab the mex spots? If you happened to need the metal, you could've always asked the ally to turn over the mex (again stated before).

Oh, and lol @ DT walls on Comet, especially multi-layered ones.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Sorry Orakio, but that was a terrible strategy. You never need more than 1 line thick of DT's (if you need DT's at all), and your LLTS go BEHIND the DT wall, not in front of it.

That was just.... just a really awful strategy Orakio.

I agree with the premise that the only spots that are 'your metal spots' are spots with your mexes on them. I also agree that in a team game, any mexes you are actively defending should be given to you (ask for them).

But after seeing that truly, truly horrible strategy (on comet no less) i am not surprised they 'stole your metal spots', hell, im surprised they didnt capture your lab or use you as a combomb too.

It was a really bad strategy.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

If your allies are leaking metal just be happy and use it yourself.
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

BaNa wrote:
the-middleman wrote: Orakios masterplan to hold the frontline with no mexes, 2 LLTs and 80 DTs
http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben ... 393535.jpg
>_>
Yeah, that made my day :P .
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

i just wish everyone would stop writing such long posts. i cba to read those ones and this is intresting.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Um, thats not even a dt wall, its a random dt spam thats does nothing except provide metal for the enemy after he kills those LLTs which should be BEHIND the dt wall. DT in commet catch defeats the purpose. I say on CC, go offensive and mobile, be everywhere at once. Take advantage of your enemy's "inability to defend" (really their ability to see that porc on this map=lose). No need for excuses please, just apologize. I dont hate you like everyone else, its just a lesson learned and you are good with me :). Im not sure what else to say about that...

Also, ragequit = bad. A quit should not be a ragequit. A ragequit is where someone self-d's, or hands the units to the enemy or just quits and screams in the chat. A nice way to quit is to ask your team who wants your stuffs, and then give it TO THEM, and then say "gg" and quit peacefully. Ragequit is just rude. Dont ragequit, just be nice and quit.
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

Most games rarely see teamplay, its usually you verses everyone else with blockers or nubs.
AntiElite

Post by AntiElite »

Whenever ppl pick up all starting metal spots while I'm left to pick up a spot with no metal at all this is what happens:

1. Lol and /or WTF and/or NOOB marks right on me
2. 5 seconds later kicked
3. Indeed, there is always somebody who draws a line covering 10 metal spots "mine! mine! mine!!!"

PS: always happens on BA DSD or Charlie in the hills.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

That doesn't happen in 1v1 on CC though :D.
overkill

Post by overkill »

Orakio, that game was a very good game untill you rage quit, afeter tht i couldnt hold the line (i was the lime green next to him) and we lost alot of potential metal. There was no reason for you to be frusterated you still had plenty of mex spots i left for you, wasting your time making 80 dt before claiming mex is always a bad idea, look how i did i held the line early and still claimed the mex spots...over all, you ruined a game becuase you didn have over 9000 mex spots, i was soo frusterated. if there was a new player in that game i am sure he would have quit spring.

p.s. if would have asked i would have gladly gave you those metal extractors....
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

When you rage quit, please don't self-d.

I love when someone leaves =).
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

He self-d'd to annoy his allies whom he deemed incompetent. Is it just me or do incompetent players have a tendency to claim everyone else is incompetent?
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

with mexes whoever gets there first gets it... don't be slow, if you're not making any mexes the metal is wasted.
Also good start (the one i'm using) is 1 mex, 2 solars, vehicle plant, more mexes and build cons in the plant (2 flashes then cons or cons then 2 flashes), cons make 1 solar and then make adv solars, and so on and so forth.

Making LLTs first or building such blocks of DT is plain stupid, the dumbest start ever.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

You can't argue that when you've taken a ton of territory, and you're teammates sneak up and grab the metal that you spend time and money to secure, it sucks.

Especially when they take your metal spots, and do nothing to help you hold it, or when you're being overrun because of lack of metal, they do nothing.

I'd be pissed too.

The whole part about LLT for defence doesn't even earn a response, they're good for buying you some time between waves of reinforcement units that are traveling from your factory to your front lines, and so your teamates can get their lazy asses up to help you.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Hmmm you could express your gratitude by reclaiming their base and units for a steady metal income.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

dizekat wrote:Also good start (the one i'm using) is 1 mex, 2 solars, vehicle plant, more mexes and build cons in the plant (2 flashes then cons or cons then 2 flashes), cons make 1 solar and then make adv solars, and so on and so forth.

Making LLTs first or building such blocks of DT is plain stupid, the dumbest start ever.
Its usually best to start 2-3 mexes, depending on the map, as the earlier a mex is capped the more metal it provides, and you will usually stall if you try to run anything off 1 mex before you are even able to get up more mexes.

Its almost always best to start military units rather than cons, especially if you have no LLT's.

You should not try and make adv solars with just 3 regular solars, as the likelyhood of stalling e is quite high and stalling e when you need more e is a bad idea.

Starting with LLT's first is a perfectly valid strategy, and starting cons with no defense is virtually suicide against competent enemies- but rarely should you walk your boy before your fac or mexes.

Return to “General Discussion”