In celebration of computer fixery... - Page 4

In celebration of computer fixery...

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Well you could have figured it out by now as he clearly isn't stupid.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Eh? Some people are naturally inept at typing.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

rattle wrote:Well you could have figured it out by now as he clearly isn't stupid.
Thanks! I always thought I came over as stupid personly... so its nice to know some people don't think so.

aGorm
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

We have some of GMN's rebel vehicles just itching for the aGorm touch ;)
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

The titular ship (and first panel) of 'The Last Flight of the Icarus' (my upcoming webcomic! Whoo!)
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

The thruster exhaust looks flat, I would've suggested a trail that got smaller/faded off in the distance.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Yeah, I did actually try to do that. There is a perspective tool in PS that would have done just that if I could only find the damn thing

EDIT: Ah, oops. I sorta forgot the Icarus is docked when the story starts. Ahem. Oops.

The real first panel will come soon...
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I like it, it reminds me of the kadeshi swarmer from Homeworld 1.

It actually reminds me more of the kadeshi ion cannon frigate, but I can't find an image of that.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

The second version of the first panel of the Projector Club webcomic (it's v2 because v1 got killed halfway through when iTunes decided to implode my computer and corrupt the psd file)

I'd continue this and do the rest of the first comic, only it's 10 to 11, and sleep is needed for tomorrow. Why am I always more productive at night? Is it because I'm too tired to be bothered procrastinating?

I may have been admiring Megatokyo's art when I thought of this.

Incidentally, this first panel shows Alex, the club president/chairperson and the St. Lucia campus. I had to be careful so that she stood out against the background, but not so much it was obvious, not sure how well I managed that. Oh, and this being set in Britain, the sky is, as usual, overcast.

Oh, and I may drop The Last Flight of the Icarus, for these reasons:
1) The Projector Club is less depressing
2) The Projector Club is waaaay more fun to write and draw
3) I actually have a script (TLFI didn't. Any attempt to write one hit a writer's block the size of Wales)
4) I can get away with using greyscale for the P-Club (I couldn't in Icarus for plot reasons)
5) Drawing both in tandem (as was originally intended) may well prove near impossible with my current workload

Comments?

PS: I scaled it about the size it will actually be alongside the other five-six panels that make up the first comic

PPS: Oh, yeah, you guys won't know what the Projector Club actually is, will you? Basically, it's a parody comic. It shall be funny. Ok?
Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom »

Incidentally, this first panel shows Alex, the club president/chairperson and the St. Lucia campus. I had to be careful so that she stood out against the background, but not so much it was obvious, not sure how well I managed that. Oh, and this being set in Britain, the sky is, as usual, overcast.
Needs more contrast still. Either that, or make the background alot less busy. The character really does get lost in the background. Backgrounds are supposed to be in the... well, the background. They should not really be eye catching. This background, while it looks good, doesn't really act as a background unfortunately, it just draws the eye towards it to much.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Yeah, my focus is directly to the left of his head, where it seems to go down that alleyway, or whatever it is, right next to the tower.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

I love depressing serious web comics, especially if it has a good plot, story line. I would however make filler episodes less dramatic.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

hairy lines are bad
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Panel 2

The criticisms of panel one were kept in mind here, hence the somewhat minimalist by comparison background

And before someone asks about the washed out colors, it's intentional. This being set in Britain, it's a bit wet...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

*wakes from his nap...*

Humm, needs thicker lines around the chracter... this will help bring him out from teh back drop... also, why are you lines all jaggi? what happened to alisisng? (PS can't even prononce that let alone spell it..)

I think you would be better off maybe just using blocks of colour for your backgrounds (well.. blocks of grey). Just use the pollygon lasso tool to slect the area and flood fill... will look much neater.

Maybe if I get home reasonably early Ill show you what i mean...

aGorm
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

i really dont understand why big spaceships should be slick....they can be in any shape with as amny buldges as needed since there is no friction.
plus they obviously dont take off from a planet but are built in space..
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

Is your comics gonna be about a melancholic teenager without any friends that lives in england and gets abducted by aliens is advanced spaceships?
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

*can tell DZHIBRISH hasn't read the thread*
aGorm wrote:what happened to alisisng? (PS can't even prononce that let alone spell it..)
That's the full size version (I forgot to down-size it). The actual in-comic version will be about half that size at most, so the whole anti-ailising thing is fairly pointless
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Proportion!

Check the size of his upper arm compared to the lower arm; especially considering the space needed for the hand. Also, your people tend to be stretched vertically. In my honest opinion, I don't think you have advanced far enough to be making stylistic distortions just yet; it looks like a proportion error rather then a stylistic choice.

Most recent image is much better then the earlier image, though (good perspective on the background of the last one - poke me on MSN and I'll show you a few more tricks).
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Sorry about the MSN problems, GMN, I seem to have fixed them now...

Return to “Art & Modelling”