Balanced Annihilation V5.91 - Page 7

Balanced Annihilation V5.91

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

cong06

Post by cong06 »

DZHIBRISH wrote:plus the dragon teeth..if noize didnt reduce their cost they are still very costly.. and basiclly useles..ah..all hail ba.
useless?

a row of Dragons teeth...with LLT behind them...
nothing fast can get back to the LLT's and while some heavy tanks can destroy the Dragons teeth, iirc it takes a while...
kiki

Post by kiki »

basic game start porc defense tactic
DZHIBRISH

Post by DZHIBRISH »

no i dont play with dragon teeth..cause again..they are unusable..(if noize didnt change them)
kiki

Post by kiki »

I havent played ba 5.91 yet, so sorry for useless posting
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

IMO, give metal makers 10 Hp, enough to be destroyed by anything as little as flying shrapnel from another unit exploding.

Removing the AOE death explosion from MM's would definately be nice, especially on maps where you're crammed for build space.

OTA didn't have chain exploding MM's, and it was fine...
Hellspawn

Post by Hellspawn »

DZHIBRISH wrote:no i dont play with dragon teeth..cause again..they are unusable..(if noize didnt change them)
In game randy vs day on CC, day used them =).

They are very popular in team games as well. Making them cheaper would just make games more porcy.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Explain reasoning for the metal maker thing, please
cong06

Post by cong06 »

Hellspawn wrote:Making them cheaper would just make games more porcy.
+1

making them cheaper would be like making fleas cheaper.
Complicated

Post by Complicated »

I haven't downloaded either of the new versions. One change for kbots doesn't make them that useful. (ak+storm=slasher)

That being

AK's speed and LOS
Storms Range and weapon

Yes it gives a role to ak and flea but I already thought they had roles :/

AK role is search and harrase
Flea is a scout and harrase
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

MR.D wrote:IMO, Pewee and AK (and possibly other fast units) could still use an improvement in lock-on speed during initial combat.
-1 They are fine as is (and reward good micro)

I think Noize is afraid of buffing the zipper HE IS AFRAID IT WOULD BRING THE END OF THE PATTERNS. IMO it should get back its old (ota) weapon at least.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

What difference would that make?
Soul

Post by Soul »

Wisse wrote:Arm T2 bots still suck hard. I hate you all Core fanboys. All you have to make is 1 sumo 1 goli or 1 krow to win -.-

You can take down a goli cost for cost with flashes if you have some micro.
Which leaves you with additional 500 metal... which gives you more flashes/stumpies, which is all you need in most scenarios.

The sumo is a pain but managable.

The krow... hm deals serius damage to you base and it dont leave any metal :(
but it doesnt make it gg, for the cost of t2 air and one krow you should have been able to take him out before he gets one.
Unless you have been feeding him metal, but then you are fucked anyway.

About the zippers... well im not known to be a zipperlover. :wink:
Soul

Post by Soul »

Hellspawn wrote:
DZHIBRISH wrote:no i dont play with dragon teeth..cause again..they are unusable..(if noize didnt change them)
In game randy vs day on CC, day used them =).

They are very popular in team games as well. Making them cheaper would just make games more porcy.
I remember that game. it was nice and those dts realy helped against one or two major attack(s) from andy.

Dts are great, saves the day many times for everyone who dares to use them.
Dont forget that dts also stops alot of missiles, so they are good vs encounters with rockos/storms and samsons while expanding or to protect a llt/hlt or other defenceturrets.

sry for dubble post, i though i was in two different topics.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Soul wrote:Dont forget that dts also stops alot of missiles, so they are good vs encounters with rockos/storms and samsons while expanding or to protect a llt/hlt or other defenceturrets.
Since targetting was switched to the edge of the hitsphere, as opposed to the centre, DT became, in XTA at least (hurhurhur), a lot less effective, precisely because they no longer prevented the majority of missiles hitting *that* llt or whatever, due to the angle of fire.

They have become relegated to quick barricades to limit movement, and pretty much nothing more. Imo this is a good change tbh.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Soul wrote:
About the zippers... well im not known to be a zipperlover. :wink:
Dont forget the brawlies too ^^
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Wisse wrote:MM are perfect. They give you free M ffs.
I'm not talking about metal makers, I'm talking about metal generators, the T2 structure that looks like a solar panel and takes forever to build.

Currently, those things have a bigger explosion radius than metal makers, making it even harder to prevent them from chaining - you have to space them 5 units apart, and they're bigger than metal makers to boot.
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Dragon's teeth are fine, however I still feel like shark's teeth cost a bit too much energy - it takes something like 4 tidals to power a construction boat making them.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

YokoZar wrote:
Wisse wrote:MM are perfect. They give you free M ffs.
I'm not talking about metal makers, I'm talking about metal generators, the T2 structure that looks like a solar panel and takes forever to build.

Currently, those things have a bigger explosion radius than metal makers, making it even harder to prevent them from chaining - you have to space them 5 units apart, and they're bigger than metal makers to boot.
I've never seen anyone use one in a real game. Like, ever. I suppose that makes sense, since Makers are more versatile - you can turn them off and get energy instead.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

Pxtl wrote:I've never seen anyone use one in a real game. Like, ever. I suppose that makes sense, since Makers are more versatile - you can turn them off and get energy instead.
That's not the main problem. They're simply not efficient. I mean, would you rather:

Spend ~215 metal and ~16000 energy on a Metal Generator to get 1 metal production with ~215 hp... at T2?

Or spend ~350 metal and ~5000 energy on an Advanced Solar and a Metal Maker to get 1 metal production and 15 energy production, with ~1200 hp between them... at T1?
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Evil4Zerggin wrote:
Pxtl wrote:I've never seen anyone use one in a real game. Like, ever. I suppose that makes sense, since Makers are more versatile - you can turn them off and get energy instead.
That's not the main problem. They're simply not efficient. I mean, would you rather:

Spend ~215 metal and ~16000 energy on a Metal Generator to get 1 metal production with ~215 hp... at T2?

Or spend ~350 metal and ~5000 energy on an Advanced Solar and a Metal Maker to get 1 metal production and 15 energy production, with ~1200 hp between them... at T1?
Don't forget the t1 metal maker + advance solar builds quicker and has the option of turning off the metal maker. It also takes up less space and presents less danger to your base.

Return to “Game Releases”