Remove the Sperm - Page 4

Remove the Sperm

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

I like Alantai Firestar's top one a lot, I think it fits really well with the color scheme of the site.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

Just have a bunch of them numbered 1.jpg etc and have the PHP grab a random number, normalize it, and use that as the banner.

Badda bing, randomized banner.

-Buggi
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Felix the Cat wrote:I like Alantai Firestar's top one a lot, I think it fits really well with the color scheme of the site.
Very much so.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Why dont we just do the randomized thing then? Everytime we arrive at the site we see something new.
mongus

Post by mongus »

with corresponding color themes.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

You could even just make the flashheader grab a random image, twod be a peice of cake, plus you have any animation that people think is apropriot.

Im BACK by the way....

aGorm
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

I really like aGorm's. Look shmick!
Failing that, Tim's is okay. Good idea, but the image hasn't been mastered very well, if you know what I mean. There needs to be more blending between the light flash and the logo.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I think that logo looks better as a plain block than as the 3d red version, the white translucent version looks more proffessionala nd can be put in more palces and changed colour etc.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Me? I'll give it a go I suppose, but I wasn't implying that I could (i'm no graphics artist, just an observer) The light flash doesn't seem like part of the logo. In blender, what happens if you position a light in the middle of the logo, so that it reflects onto it? It might look better. Or I guess you could use photoshop to try and add some glare to the logo as if the flash in the center is acually reflecting onto it.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Is the background rendered in another program, or is the whole thing Blender? What i'd do (actually what i've been try to do) is make the flash smaller, by pulling in the outside. Is this possible from with Blender? If so i'll install it and give it a whirl, but I always hated the interface.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

With aGorm's, I added a bit more mist to the left of the logo. Better or worse you reckon?
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1522/a ... ted0ua.png
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I dont like the red logo from spring, and as said above that particular one looked like a pamflet from wales advertising soemthing, maybe something todo with trains. But now it looks even more so...
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Doomweaver, the xcf file is a Gimp file and the blend file a Blender file.
The flash is just a Gimp function on a layer under the logo I renderd in Blender.
The background is the thing on the top of this website with the sperm Spring logo removed.

Alantai:
Specialy for you, hope you like it! :wink:
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

What about this one?? Clearer.

aGorm
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The 3D look and the red is the problem
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

1 and 3 are ok, if a little hard to see. 2 is WAY too cluttered to be any good.
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

Yo tim, i'm afraid I suck too much with GIMP (I have honestly NEVER used it before, but have just decided it might be worth learning :) ) What I was trying to do, anyway, was shrink the flash, but not just by shrinking it

but rather trying to extend the rays back into the flash. The idea was to stop it from hitting the eye as hard as it does. Of course, my image looks crapper than yours, so now i'm like really embarrased, but anyway, yeah...

shrunk it looks like this:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/6328/logobar22ds.png

Anyway, Neuralize, your second one is neat, yet WAY too crowded, as someone mentioned. I think the dark background highlights the units well, and the shadows and AA give it a neat look.

Maybe do something along the same lines, except with less clutter.

Anyway, with that commander picture, render a high res, full screen version for both arm and core, and then maybe they could be used as a loading screen. Just a thought.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

the whtie logo looks better as a single block instead of 3d, and as translucent if one a non-white background.

Neuralize, there is the issue of TA copyright there.

Return to “Art & Modelling”