Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games) - Page 2

Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

neddiedrow wrote:It is up to you to exclude undesirable elements from your games. I am sympathetic to your plight, and know those responsible, but it is not within the jurisdiction of lobby or forum moderation to limit ingame expression.
I really like the whole "hosts should regulate their own games" idea, but it's just not possible with current Spring banning functions.

Make a ban function that doesn't allow a banned player to rejoin the game constantly and spam the chat which kick messages, which makes players leave usually, and what you're saying would be possible.

Until then, I really think lobby moderators should say it's in their jurisdiction.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

That functionality has been present in TASClient for some time now.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Uh, no, the ban function in TASClient can't prevent the person from joining, just automatically kick him, causing the problem about spamming chat and ruining games that way.
smoth

Post by smoth »

ban function works gr8 with all those smurfs
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

The ban function works fine, but you need to download a non-standard version of the lobby to use it. This really isnt acceptable, we (UoY) had two games ruined yesterday, by [TS]Lollercide and [TS]Lordspawn yesterday. When we finally managed to get rid of them, they came back on several smurf accountsa until finally they got into the next game undetected. They then proceeded to comnap, afk, chatspam etc etc. I'm afraid that while I agree that ingame expression is one thing, repeatedly and deliberately ruining games for everyone else playing (including their own team) is simply not acceptable behaviour and should be worthy of a lobby ban for a few days or weeks. Imagine you are a new player trying spring for the first time and you encounter these idiots. You wouldn't play again, the learning curve is steep enough without being greifed to death. If it continues, then the community will ost players, and that isn't on imho. We need more lobby moderators and the standard tools to ban players from individual games. A standard way to identify smurfs is needed too, or some way to link smurf accounts so that ban 1 = ban all.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Yeah, there are quite a few legitimate uses for different accounts on the same IP, which makes the whole thing kind of difficult.

If the same people are doing the sort of thing Acidd_UK said constantly then they deserve a lobby ban IMO.

The lobby already has ban by IP for moderators and a way to find everybody who's logged on using a certain IP IIRC. Betalord removed being able to find out IPs in a certain way that !smurfs relied on which was kind of a shame ;\
Complicated

Re: Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Post by Complicated »

lurker wrote:
Otherside wrote:all of the TS clan just ruined a game after spamming up another game
There is no TS clan, and I can't see most of the people with the [TS] tag doing that... how many is 'all'?
This is why I left [TS] after unofficially founding the tag.
They're a bunch of immature noobs, who just mess around. Especially on team speak. Not once do I hear, "Player kick" and see someone added to the ban list. And what's funny about it, it's a Server Admin doing it to a Server Admin.
Complicated

Re: Immaturity and attacks on games (ruining games)

Post by Complicated »

MightySheep wrote:
lurker wrote:
Otherside wrote:all of the TS clan just ruined a game after spamming up another game
There is no TS clan, and I can't see most of the people with the [TS] tag doing that... how many is 'all'?
omg are you joking everyone in TS is so stupid. sefidel, farleshadow aka. lollocide, orakio, iamacup, lordspawn all love to ruin games and combomb and things like that. they are complete idiots and when you join teamspeak they keep switching your channel round back and forth so that you get that annoying voice saying "you have switched channel".
Sefidel is okay, he doesn't really mess around. Ben, Jeist and the other one, they don't mess around period.

Iamacup however messes around but it a vital member to the Spring community as he hosts the unknown-files site.

If the rest of the TS clan mess around, tell them why your not letting them play, then remove them from your game. Maybe then they'll realise they're noobs and grow up... maybe a little.
tombom

Post by tombom »

IaMaCuP hasn't been able to play Spring for a while btw so if you see him on teamspeak or game it's a smurf of somebody else.
drolito

Post by drolito »

It's not a TA-Spring's problem, in RPG games players try to crack account to take all the money and equipements.
In the life there are bad peoples who deserve the whole society.

i know that some [TS] have fuck some of my game recently, maybe the same players ... I think [TS] is a 2 ppl clan who make lot of smurfs ...

It's sure we need a solution to avoid these sort of players ... but which solution ?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

IIRC it's bannable if someone keeps rejoining a game after being told to leave.

Either way I would consider this conduct harrassment.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

Nvm... sorted :p
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

is combombing considered ruining a game? i find combombing a good tactic usually but then people get angry and ragequit.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

depends on how u com bomb

if you com bomb an enemy its a valid tactic sort of depends :P

if you com bomb an ally its ruining a game and being stupid
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

Since comnapping is not considered ruining a game, I don't think combombing is.

I recenly had an ally ragequitting because he was comnapped... "I don't play with comnappers" he said... Well, no, he was playing against them! We were winning the game, but after that lost it... :(

Myself, I find this tactic a little bit unfair. It's quick to execute, and you can't always watch your comm! (it's easy to miss a single transport...)
MightySheep

Post by MightySheep »

most people who have been comnapped quit out of shame :-)

I usually combomb allies defences when i have a good army or com drop into allies base, dgun it up then pull back out.

I think people who go air should always have atlas's ready and watch out for idle coms, if you comnap someone it is a big advantage to the team, you can either bring it back and blow up for metal or blow up in enemy base.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

If comnapping wasn't intended it wouldn't be possible.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

It's comnapping your allies comms and then using them to blow up your other allies that I have a problem with....
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

Commnapping the enemy is cool. Its not too hard to defend against it. I personally like to go atlas drivebys in no dgun limit games, gunning down the labs ^_^. some people whine, but if it annoys you, make aa! works against both. Commnapping your own side sucks and should be a bannable offence (maybe even IPban from main). Maybe there should be a rule against that kind of behavior? One could easily proove the others where ruining the game with the replay. As a side note, writing CA IS GAY, while immature, isnt in the same category as the prev. Ive played good games with lollicide, and i think sefidel, they werent up to these things then...

-also, I have smurf accounts, but they all bear me clan tag, shouldnt be hard to id ;)
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I love comnapping enemy, its so funny, and pisses off the enemy, i also like comnapping stupid allies, and exploding their coms with enemy com, and then reclaiming both, and repeating that until nobody has coms left.

Return to “General Discussion”