Core Weasel +1

Core Weasel +1

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

MR.D

Core Weasel +1

Post by MR.D »

Finished Model is contained in the .zip file.

610 Triangles

http://www.mrd.str8-6.com/files/Core_we ... otrans.zip
Trying to shoot for the Cavedog cinema model, I really wish there were more of those to work from as they're so damn sexy.

Believe this or not, the OTA weasel is at 450 triangles :o Upspring counts in poly, but not triangles, so around 180 poly on the OTA ingame.

Mine will end up being around 650 or less hopefully, the rear end is still the OTA model which I'm working off from and will be different once I get that area done, I also can't chop the wheel bottoms when they were born to roll :lol:

** My remodel**

** Cavedog Cinema Model**
Last edited by MR.D on 23 Jan 2008, 02:07, edited 3 times in total.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Lookin' good. Only thing I'd have to say about it is that the top weapon should probably be a turret, otherwise if CA or whoever takes it, they're going to have to radically change the game-balance- if it's a turret, then it's a really simple scripting operation to make the turret fire when the angles >< the small angle where the front guns should probably fire...
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

I'd suggest making it a bit longer
Argh

Post by Argh »

The tires are too thick, too, come to think about it.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

armored Tires maybe?
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

As long as it can have zpock-style suspension awesomeness (ideally exaggurated for more win), I'm happy ;)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Fake suspension is alright as well.

Oh and make these additional guns seperate parts so they can be hidden by script in case they're not wanted for "balance reasons". :P
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Argh wrote:if it's a turret, then it's a really simple scripting operation to make the turret fire when the angles >< the small angle where the front guns should probably fire...
Don't use script but FBI to make limited firearc. Scripted firearc are inherently buggy, because it's the engine and not the script which decide what the target is: The unit may still want to fire at the backward target even if there's a target right in front. And in that case, all you can do is jam the turret.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

You could script it so that when the target is in front the shot spawns from the side guns and when it's anywhere else it's spawned from the turret...
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I don't mean to be rude...
But you guys really don't know your vehicles or something if you didn't notice they're already on the game model 8)

We need a heart Emoticon..

Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Yes, they are currently on the weasel model, and yes, they are totally inoperable, and yes, they look stupid.
TheRegisteredOne

Post by TheRegisteredOne »

Saktoth wrote:Yes, they are currently on the weasel model, and yes, they are totally inoperable, and yes, they look stupid.
stfu they look cool.*

*also, many penis jokes could've been had
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

I'm all for removing the unused guns.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I'm all for cock jokes :P
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I'm all for removing the unused jokes to keep this on track. Wait - The Weasel never ran on tracks!
SpikedHelmet
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by SpikedHelmet »

Neddie wins.

Anyway maybe they dont have to be weapons, hm? Maybe they're sophisticated scanning aerial devices. Hmmmmm?
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

I think they're bubblegum dispensers.
Or smoke screen jets :P to blind itself..

Of course they're lasers guys, cmon :-)

I can't just remove them, its a part of both the cinema and the OTA game model.. it would just be blasphemy to chop em.

But just because they are there, it doesn't mean they have to do anything to compromise balancing the unit.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Did some tweaks after you guy's suggestions, does this look good enough where I can start unwrapping and move on with the texture guys?

It does match up with the dimensions of the OTA game model with the exception of being a little longer from nose to tail so its more of a hybrid of the OTA game model and the Cinema render.

I'm already behind schedule, so I want to get rolling on it :-)

ralphie

Post by ralphie »

As mentioned prior, I would think the main gun needs to be a turret. (as it was in your first pic :P )
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

It is, its just formed into the shape of the body so I can slap a big fat Core log on it.

You should be able to see the seam where the turret is fit over the rear body.

Return to “Art & Modelling”