About xTA balance in the new release

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

mongus

Post by mongus »

Spider now has a paralyzing beamlaser

boooooooooo!!!!

i really liked the spider as an all terrain pewee. it can climb what-not! and has guns!

Annihilator/Penetrator/Doomsday get beam lasers
+
Annihilator 50% more expensive, get lot higher damage output

the annihilator was expensive already.

does the DDM get the damege output bonus too?
in that case its a bit unfair fot the arm imho.

Gunships -15% hp
+
Fighters +20% damage against land +30% vs air
+
Flakker type weapons get slightly higher area of effect to compensate for less edgeeffectivness

= brawlers rushers are DOOMED!!!

Necro/Fark can now resurrect
is the resurrect-ation stackable? (as reclaim).

Removed Leveller and flea from lvl1 factories
i did not see abuse here, and was a nice alternative...

Added flares to fighters and advanced bombers
wow.. gotta see that.

sorry if im rushing into nothing here, but i must do something while it dls

test and post your comments about the new balance if you wish.

above all, thanks the dev team for its great job.
mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Yes, thank you so much devs for adding cool new features and balancing out the game.
Spider now has a paralyzing beamlaser

boooooooooo!!!!

i really liked the spider as an all terrain pewee. it can climb what-not! and has guns!
That's how it was in TA itself. It's a nice alternative to having simple damage dealders all the time.
Fighters +20% damage against land +30% vs air
I'm worried about the land damage. In TA itself, I would be able to overwhelm people with masses of fighters.
Gunships -15% hp
+
+
Flakker type weapons get slightly higher area of effect to compensate for less edgeeffectivness
= brawlers rushers are DOOMED!!!
Good riddance.
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Annihilators take about forever to get ready to fire. I think in TA there was a 'always on' switch forbidding them to stick their heads into the ground, but no such thing in Spring.
speedycvc

Post by speedycvc »

I Can't resurect ennemies dusts.
On every launch i am in arm corporation, but I would like to resurect ennemies krogoth.
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

You can't resurrect the dust, logically, because there's not a whole lot left to resurrect.
Dredboss

Post by Dredboss »

You can resurrect dust in OTA, but it takes significantly longer to do so.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

I thought it was kinda stupid that you could in ota.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

*Snorts crumbled peewee dust.*
mongus

Post by mongus »

duped post :evil:
Last edited by mongus on 30 Jul 2005, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
mongus

Post by mongus »

the fidos are not artillery, thus, they cant use high trajectory...

i know they where not originally intended as artillery, but by its range weakness, they suit perfectly into that task now.
aslo, they have a core counterpart.

you can compare a fido to a Morty, the fido's range is a bit smaller, they are somewhat stronger, its shot is a bit more accurate too, and the shot is a bit more powerfull.

in counterpart to this change in fidos.. warriors are artillery? wow..
they have a small range to be so, also they are more of a infantry kbot...

Ambushers dont have the high trajectory tag either.
it was very usefull in this cannons.

About the radar jammer... ive not tested the new way it works, but i guess that its like someone said, a stealth kbot can be infiltrated in its range and you wont be able to find it by radar.

about radars too, the radar blips are way more accurate now.
i dont like it much, gives radar coverage much more advantage, and takes away the need of direct LOS.
but i must play more to really tell.

Flares are great, they "deviate" the missile rather than attact and make it explode. You must be close to see them. core flares are yellow.
Had the impression that flares where more brigth attracted the missile attention and the missile finally hitted them and exploded.
an in air explotion would be more cool!

ps: there seems to be some other type of flares too, IR flares.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Mongus, TA was never about units and counter units; that is why it was such a good game. Otherwise the end result is either a game where each side is exactly the same, but looks different (Warcraft II), or where the gameplay is entirely rock/scissors/paper (StarCraft).

The Fido was never intended to have arcing shots. I think it specifically mentions in the TA manual that they use an extremely high powered gauss shot. Morties are an essential power that only the Core should have. They are "countered" (if you must use the term) by Arm's many other powerful units, such as the flash or longer ranged MRPC; which means that the two sides play differently. Giving them two similar weapons only encourages more generic sides.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

About the radar jammer... ive not tested the new way it works, but i guess that its like someone said, a stealth kbot can be infiltrated in its range and you wont be able to find it by radar.
That was me! Also the flare's i have seen in action (justrun the Air combat test) are really cool.The missles curve of and try to hit the flare's. Also iv noticed that fighters will go out of their way to blow up enemys that are tailing there wing mate's. Concedence or good AI?
FireCrack

Post by FireCrack »

Observations

Farks build ludicrously fast, was it always like this?

Penetrators are awesom AAA, is this supposed to be?

The anhialator is definitley worth the extra cash, it does what it says on the box!
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

FARK is a Fast Assist and Repair K-bot. So it should be fast. Well id think so (plus i am an arm player so i love it)

aGorm
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

The Necro also builds just as fast. Essentially, the FARK and the Necro are the same.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

yeah both can ressurect now!!! ^^
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Yah, however it's a shame the commander isnt the fastest builder anymore, which made it especially valuable. (Oh, and farks didnt actually build anything originally).
Last edited by Redfish on 05 Aug 2005, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
mongus

Post by mongus »

ah.. farks are faster to move, but necros are a bit more powerfull to build.

I'm convinced now that spiders are very valuable as paralizers, lvl1 kbots are quickly paralized, but i.e. a bulldog will need 3 or more spiders to stop succesfully.
Wrekage is a obstacle for them. spiders should be able to wlak on wreckage, just as gollies, but without destroying it.

Capture takes a lot of time, its way faster to kill->resurrect than to capture.

a bulldog takes... A LOT of time to capture, bout... 5-8 mins.

Stolen const. vehicles at early game are the main target for this.

In a game with Foe, warriros where using high trajectory, or maybe im wrong, because i cant find the switch on them now (no text for me :/ ).

Still think the fido fills now the artillery role much better, its not as strong as it was in TA, so its not much usefull at close combat, but from far it can do marvells... usig high.

btw, Mortys <> Fidos. Fidos are stronger and more powerfull.

Resurrect is ok, but necros may build faster than that.

An annihilator destroyed 3 warrior in a row... or it was coincidence.
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

About the spiders, I don't really think the idea was ever to have the paralyzed units captured. I think the idea was to have them paralized, and kill em easier because they don't fire back.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

It's pretty hard to paralyze a Goliath. I managed to only do it once on metal heck, and I'm pretty sure I spent more money on Spiders than he did on that Goliath. Anyway we could get that nerfed a little?

Speaking of the Goliath. Any chance we could get it moved to the Krogoth Gantry? It's kinda irksome to see it deployed so early in most games.

Hmm. Core should be given red beam lasers, just to look cool, and make the doomsday device more doomy.

Return to “General Discussion”