0.60b1 bug list

0.60b1 bug list

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

colorblind
Spring Developer

0.60b1 bug list

Post by colorblind »

Let the bug reports of the new version (i.e. 0.60b1) go here. To start it of:

* I can't find the radar jamming tower of either side. Where is it?
Durandal

Post by Durandal »

It's invisible. It's there, at the very end of the techlevel 2 buildlist, but the icon's gone.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Those where buildings that selfdestructed, the crater looks more like a sceptic tank thats been covered over with a shallow layer of soil and elft.

I found trees worked fine, exept on one occasion for nor eason they changed to that. The next run of spring had normal trees again, so ti must ahve eben a fluke.

Al shots where taken on small divide using the GloalAI test script.

And see how that radar tower goes through the tree without the tree moving? Bendy branches bendy branches!
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

The pathfinding doesn't work too well. For instance, when I queue a unit that is still being build to do something when it's ready, it often has trouble to get out of the factory. When it does get out, it tries to run off to the topleft corner before it goes to the waypoint I have set for it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Or if you tell a const vehicle to build soemthign next to the veh plant before tis finished, when finished it'll start building it btu it wont move out fo the veh plant first so no mroe untis can be built till the con veh is given new commands.
Richie P

Post by Richie P »

The phonix server/client (whatever) allows you to put spaces in your password or passphrase, but the spring client claims that you cannot.
Harm

weasel with superweapon

Post by Harm »

I had an enemy weasel in my base, couldnt see it and it was out of its weaponrange for any weapon. Still it seemed to have a superweapon, purple laser killing my buildings. When it came in range again it had its normal red laser weapon.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

7zip support blue screens me. Every game.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You sure its not a 'solid' archive?
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Very.
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

I get random trees all over my maps, even when the metal map is completely black. Although, it is somewhat likely that i'm just doing something wrong and this isn't a bug.
genblood

Post by genblood »

hrmph,

I'm getting that too. On some of my maps. On one map all the
trees are under water .... :? strange ... I'm hoping Buggi
will release Sharp Map this weekend ...

Only time will well ... :roll:
Harm

Post by Harm »

My ally gave me all his units, then all my units (so his and mine) ceased construction and building. +150 metal, -0....
Gunthahaha

Post by Gunthahaha »

When we write a letter like "├â┬®", "├â┬á" or "├â┬º" in the lobby, it is replaced by a "?".
Betalord
Former Engine Dev

Post by Betalord »

Aircrafts usually don't engage the enemy if they are on the ground (example: you have a bunch of aircrafts resting in your base when a bunch of enemy aircrafts come and attact your base - most of your aircrafts won't move).

Another thing is when assigning "move position" for factories, sometimes some units won't go to designed spot but will rather move somewhere close to the factory.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

Radar Dots on minimap are rendered incorrectly.

On a non 1:1 map, the circles morph to lines, because it seems they texture of the minimap is stretched square before painting them on, and then restretched.

Especially bad for example on shore2shore, where the dots become nearly invisible.
Metaltrash

Post by Metaltrash »

I think this already happend before,
mid game my keyboard changes from german to englisch,
so that keys like : ? ect. are on different places...
colorblind
Spring Developer

Post by colorblind »

Having the springclient running during battle makes me lag. When I close the client everything runs fine again. So far I seem to be the only one with the problem (when asked, the other players seemed to have no problems of the same kind).

It could be that the client eats away some system resources, and as my computer isn't that fast (P3 866Mhz 256mb) those resources are more important than when one has a faster pc.

Please note that I didn't have this problem with any of the other releases. So I'm guessing this has something to do with memory leaks or badly written network code of the client. But that's just a wild guess.
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

I had UAVs in TA:WD hug the ground instead of flying...esspecially when I gave them a patrol order from the factory...
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

Not really a bug, but could we have CTRL+W NOT select the commander by default? It's really pointless to have him selected with CTRL+W.

Return to “Help & Bugs”