Tank track screenshots

Tank track screenshots

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Tank track screenshots

Post by AF »

I have sene the light! A screenshot fo tanks (bulldogs) but they've left tracks on the terrain!!!!!!!!!

GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

so i'm guessing this is a feature that was kicked out due to tge system requirments...?

Facinating...
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

ooh! cool! nice and low CPU power taking uppering :) i wonder how the ground looks after my 100 flash/stumpy army marches past! i'm checking this out! :lol:
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I dunno, I sent SJ a message and he went off, so i checked the screenshots at the top randomly and there it was...
GrOuNd_ZeRo

Post by GrOuNd_ZeRo »

That means...IT'S A NEW FEATURE!!! ooooo....

so how does TA deterimine what draws the tracks and what and what not draws tracks? :?:
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

That's cool!
And does kbot leave footprint?
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

im so impressed right now :shock:

when will we see "marks" on the ground i mean the exlosion marks :?:
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Hehehe, now people can shit their pants as they see a huge line of tracks slowly making their way through the fog of war to their base. :twisted:
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

How does it work? does it modify the original level bitmap or does it draw in a decal on top of it?
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

How do the treads work? Do they disappear after a little while? Or do they not disappear? Or do they disappear very quickly after the tank has been there?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Totally cool! :shock: I once again compliment the SY's for having a seemingly bottomless pit of inspiration and... cool-nes. And such!
Doomweaver

Post by Doomweaver »

YES!!!! AWSOME! And this might also mean that explosions tint the ground
munch

Post by munch »

Cool - I've wanted this for a bit. Now when somebody raids you and runs off out of radar coverage to recover from damage/wait for reinforcements... you can follow their trail =)

Will this work with all graphics cards, or is it going to be like shadows?

Nice work =)

Munch

PS Did any body else notice before? I've only just noticed bulldogs don't have an arm logo on top!
shnorb

Post by shnorb »

cool...
aTTacK

Post by aTTacK »

hm if its too much for slow pcs... maybe u could replace the grafics on the ground with SLIGHT terraforming ones which creates a similar effect

this would be less perfomance killing

omg sry for my bad english 8[
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

You know , that looks realy realy cool...

aGorm
SJ

Post by SJ »

The tracks will dissapear quite soon (5-30 sec depending on your settings and unit size) and be turnoffable. Also they will only be created for units you already have los to. The ground heightmap is not high res enough to simulate tracks i think.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Terraforming effects affect entire 64x64 squares, so they cant have the same effect on anythign smaller than megalithic units.

Yes the tracks fade away, look at the stumpy thats zoomed ahead of the rest, the tracks it leaves fade, though slowly.

So it is likely a decal. hhmmm *goes to cvs*
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Wait wait wait wait! Can a gargantuan unit with 64 by 64 squar sised feet (or larger) create massive foot prints into the ground! :shock: That would be so cool, cause we could make huge units and have one of their disadvantage's be "Reveled via Footprints"
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Yes but the method of doing that would be to fire a weapon on the sole of its feet when ti stepped, which would likely cause damage to the unit itself. However perhaps this could be used for a jumping unit of sorts.

Return to “General Discussion”