New race im gonna plan ! join me !

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

im gonna try to create a new race to Spring that will use all new nifty features :-) but i dont really have any modelling skills but i like creating new ideas or combining old with new ones and i like drawing stuff :-)

okey to the real thing the race name is still "unknown" as i dont really know any good name for the race :(
heres one thing i drawed sorry for the crappy picture my tablet broke up :cry: so i had to take picture of da paper with mine phone :wink:
now im thinking some cool and evil colors for that "commander" yes i know it has lots of things taken from "SupCom" and the race will have other things from that game too... like the thing that this races units dont have weapons "opened" when their not needed and will draw all weapons out of their hiding places when needed... units of this race are more resistant to damage when weapons are hidden... but when drawn out will the units are really weak.

now give me ideas and start drawing stuff up cause we need NEW RACE TO SPRING

and 1 more thing this race wont use "old" lasers this race has only the beam style lasers but the units will be so clumsy so they wont have a change of hitting the aerial units with this "unfair agais aerials" weapon
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

yes i know it has lots of things taken from "SupCom"
Looks more like you stole their concept art. :P
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

yes i know it looks like SupCom... me evil man :twisted: but that is cooler looking than arm or core commander cause they are "blockish" u know ?

but now when im bored i draw more units that will be different... and now i got just great idea :wink: gotta draw some stuff :-)
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

This what you were looking for? :P
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

..How would those knees work?
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Upper leg joint is similar to a wrist.
Gurkha

Post by Gurkha »

nah, the legs are just a 'comfort thing' - they aren't functional. It levetates.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

They need DEATH RAYS!!!! DEATH RAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And ill work up on a unit design perhaps right now!

Now this is VERY preliminary. Read: I worked with Paint for five seconds. But i think it looks like a cool death unit. I think that the team should be called something cool... like "The scourge" or "The Killbots" or my personal favorite "Sentient Virus #259".

Also i think that a asymmetrical weapon configuration should be the recurring theme, based off how the commander has the death ray on his shoulder. It would be nice to have more then ONE person working on this race, if it is not a joke. Like I was making a race, but progress is slow... because it├óÔé¼Ôäós JUST me!

I am at your Service, Masse.

However much that├óÔé¼Ôäós worth has yet to be seen!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

yeah... Sentient Viruse # 259 has a cool ring to it!
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

OOOH THAT MODEL NICEEE MAN :o
welcome to team zoombie try drawing some "reel" concept :wink:
think of "Independence Day" da movie remember their big ass spaceships that shoot the beam down we need that kind of thing but in smaller size and those ships should go right over enemy unit and fire a beam down :-)

and one more thing that commander model needs some kind of "energy pack" on its back like arm and core has... and then can be made combat versions of that commander that has no back bag and no building cabability :-)

and this race is no joke if i can get some ppl on the "team"

we need name for this race max 4 letters and something evil or necromatic or alien style unknown or something name
Last edited by Masse on 18 Jul 2005, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

new quickly drawd ideas and other things... these are just for giving u ppl new ideas
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

ignore 8)
Last edited by Masse on 08 Sep 2005, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

INNOVATE INNOVATE INNOVATE

I will attempt to make whatever mod spiffy and unconventional. Mods and units these days are so conventional, they all follow the 'TA modder trend' when ti comes to their function and use.

Masse however enthusiastic you are I think it unwise to post images of yourself anywhere online, least fo all a forum.

As for zoombie, I thought I already quashed the whole deathray thign with a rant that encomapssed 4 posts and still wasnt finished after them.
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

i just want ppl to see whut kind of dude is talking to you :-) now im gonna start desinging more kbots... cause airplane style is already the flying wings style now i just need some style to kbots and to tanks maybe this race dont have tanks hovers only instead... naah bad idea i want reel tanks :wink:

and no no to deathray... u can zoombie join but no more DEATH RAYS
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

now i did some quick drawing with mouse and created some "super units" and there is some other things too :wink:
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I think that a race that has ONLY hovers as their tanks would actually be kindof cool! Their hovers would have to be faster, cheaper and weaker then the other race's tanks, but added mobility would be usefull for swampy and watery maps in general

PS: SHouldent this be in the MOD section?
PPS: Death Ray's are cool
PPPS: Why dose the race have to have a four letter name?
PPPPS: Is their sutch a thing as a PPS, PPPS and PPPPS?
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

the name actually could be more than 4 letters but it would be nice to have short name... maybe we this time make longer name... any ideas for name ? and yes only hovers instead of tracks is good idea :-) no ugly tracks anymore :-)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

I liked the name I made up on the spot....

Sentient Virus #259
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

:twisted: yeah i'm loving that...strangely catchy...maybe the govt subconscienesly altered our mind patterns ;/
Masse
Damned Developer

Post by Masse »

now id like to have some help.
i been thinking naming the factorys as:
"HIVE"
"NEST"
"LAIR"

but i dont know whut builds whut units and is there any more similiar names... i need names for these factorys:
"ground unit factory" - walkers and crawlers "LAIR"
"hover unit factory" - hover tanks
"aerial unit factory" - planes "HIVE" or "NEST"
"naval unit factory" - ships

u ppl have any ideas :?:

Return to “Art & Modelling”