Ta3D ver.0.4.0 is out! Anyone wanna help? - Page 3

Ta3D ver.0.4.0 is out! Anyone wanna help?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Business as usual. This forum is no different.

I for one welcome this project, it has a (quite big) niche to fill.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Satirik wrote:useless project ... you should improve spring and make OTA campaign for it instead of doing a new useless engine

edit : wasted skills and time
That is uncalled for. What's to say Linux developers should just drop all their development and work on Microsoft's projects for free [or vice versa]?

EDIT: Nvm, repeat of what everybody else is saying: Satirik, that was a stupid comment. :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Satirik. By saying that you have possible cause for offense not just for the TA3D developers, but for the spring developers too.

Namely, why should TA3D developers waste time on another engien when theyc an work on spring, if spring developers have formed the Command Engine project? Stating that springs internals are horrible and there is a lot nobody understands and lots of bad programming practices resulting from when SJ was first learning about OpenGL and C++.

You have demonstrated a complete lack of tact and understanding of spring and TA3Ds internals and the reasons why people have done things. In future just keep your trap shut or say nice things, you have a habit of causing an uproar and a great mass of e-drama unnecessarily.

In th meantime both TA3D and Sprign are Opensource GPL projects. There is no reason there cant be code exchanges between the two projects.
jcnossen
Former Engine Dev

Post by jcnossen »

In the meantime both TA3D and Sprign are Opensource GPL projects. There is no reason there cant be code exchanges between the two projects.
Especially AI btw.
I'm wondering why they want to make there own AI instead of using a spring one. One look at the spring AI development should make someone realise that a TA AI is not a trivial thing to do.

Taking the KAI or NTAI code for example and modifying it to use a different interface would maybe be a few days work.
In future just keep your trap shut or say nice things, you have a habit of causing an uproar and a great mass of e-drama unnecessarily.
lol
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

satirik, you just managed to piss on everything that FOSS is about.

gg no re
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

i love you too guyz ... i knew you'd like what i said
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

i want that water in spring
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

I like the snow the best personally, but that's already doable via LUA. IMHO if anyone wants to replicate that effect, that would be pretty sweet 8)
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

Tobi wrote: Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I recall the goal of TA3D is to be 100% compatible with TA content.
quotin this again for tards
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Satirik wrote:useless project ... you should improve spring and make OTA campaign for it instead of doing a new useless engine

edit : wasted skills and time
Less being an asshole, more mug of shut the fuck up.

Of course, this project is an interesting one, and has different goals, good luck in reaching your goals.
Babax

Post by Babax »

Thanks for comments, we are thinking now about using Spring AI for the start. Also whould be nice to hear what features you`d like to see in TA3D?
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

The gameplay of the old total annihilation is all i ask for
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Overall stability, solid netcode, online play, and a rich statistics output.

If you really want to be original, try to implement the following:

A broadcast system for games, both online and off. Pseudo-real-time. Example: Lets say we have a 3v3 going on between, say, tN and CN. Other people will want to watch it. Maybe dozens of other people - as its going on. But the host's machine and connection is completely occupied, on upstream and downstream.

So what happens is a few of the other players' machines transparently begin to multicast the battle to the desired specs outside of the battle. Now they're maxed out too. Well, the specs then in turn multicast to whoever else wants to watch.

For security/whatever reasons, in case of a paranoid group, the host could implement a "delay"; so that, for example, the multicasting and whatnot "starts", say, ten minutes after the game begins, so that the entire game is offset by ten minutes. Or maybe people don't care enough about the game itself, or everyone is trustworthy. So there is a 0 minute delay and the game is multicast live. Suddenly the whole playerbase online can see epic battlez.

And of course, the aforementiond Rich Statistics allows specs to pull up multitudinal information at any given time - shots fired by one team, metal produced, metal excessed, etc. all information written out to an intermediary stream so that if desired, an external app can process it in real-time.

Have fun implementing it! If you do, i will give you many internets B)
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:i want that water in spring
+1
Babax

Post by Babax »

Dragon45 - really nice ideas, thanks! I`m also like to watch when experienced players gaming :) Broadcasting would be fun, even without delay.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Cal HL matches have been using HLTV broadcasting since forever. It's a really nice way of doing things, since spec behavior is very low taxing and unessential to the running game, splitting spectators into separate hosted groups that don't feed any more information back/forth than the primary spec host to the main game mean many many many many people can spec a game without any negative effects at all to the players.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

HLTV also has an inherent 2 minute delay or so in order to prevent ghosting - a feature that should not be overlooked
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

hunterw wrote:HLTV also has an inherent 2 minute delay or so in order to prevent ghosting - a feature that should not be overlooked
I've seen the delay time pulled down to about 30 seconds before successfully... but ya, delay time is generally used. It makes alot of things about playback alot safer/easier.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

this "tv mode" is also being used in starcraft and wc3, they have several clients for this, GG-client, which also acts as a launcher, and Waagh-tv.

it helps new people to learn the tricks by watching live feeds of the best player's matches.
Babax

Post by Babax »

Well, for the beggining I suppose replay recording support would be nice. So if we`ll add 30 min latency, the game can end faster, than translation will begins :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”