Ta3D ver.0.4.0 is out! Anyone wanna help? - Page 2

Ta3D ver.0.4.0 is out! Anyone wanna help?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

hunterw

Post by hunterw »

TA must have the most 3rd party engines based on it of any game 8)

lookin pretty good, you will probably attract the people still clinging to OTA.

only one thing i notice wrong,
shadows are cast on to the water's surface and it looks kinda weird
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

I know the eye candy stuff probably isn't your focus right now, but could we make room for more accurately reflected water and shadows? I mean, that water is just too sexy to not fix. 8)
Babax

Post by Babax »

REVENGE - just post your suggestion on our forum at ta3d.sourceforge.net and we`ll fix it as soon as possible.

sourceforge.net behave strange lately, so if forum don`t work just refresh it one-two times.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

hunterw wrote:TA must have the most 3rd party engines based on it of any game 8)
Naah, that award CLEARLY goes to Quake. At times I had 3-4 different engines installed for that.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

KDR_11k wrote:
Naah, that award CLEARLY goes to Quake. At times I had 3-4 different engines installed for that.
o yeah

uhh 2nd most then 8)
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

there are more than 3-4 engines of ta ;)
Babax

Post by Babax »

Sleksa - what else TA engines do you know?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

There is more than 4 quake engines. If you count derivatives you just get a headache.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Babax wrote:Tim Blokdijk - thanks, why not :)
I presume you say this as a response to my proposal to use the same site code for both Spring and TA3D?
There are actually a lot of reasons not to do this. But I'm willing to see if it can be worth wile.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

TA doesnt have more than 3 working 3rd party standalone engines for it. Quake has a bajillion.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Apples and oranges in any case, TA's engine was never licensed out for other games and much of its functionality had to be duplicated from scratch without source-code access, the Quake engines (Q3's in particular) and SDKs and whatnot you could pretty much get with a roll of toiletpaper.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

useless project ... you should improve spring and make OTA campaign for it instead of doing a new useless engine

edit : wasted skills and time
Babax

Post by Babax »

Satirik - there are several very important reasons, why we chose to make a new engine :) Why not respect a huge amount of work, that was done? This project in development more than a year, hope we`ll make it v.1.0. someday. :roll:

Tim Blokdijk - sorry, that`s was conserning http://www.xenoclone.com/ stuff :)
Last edited by Babax on 29 Aug 2007, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Babax wrote:Satirik - there are several very important reasons, why we chose to make a new engine :) Why not respect a huge amount of work, that was done? This project in development more than a year, hope we`ll make it v.1.0. someday. :roll:
because you could have done A HUGE improvement to spring (ia, render, campaign and solo missions ) and it would be the same ...
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Satirik wrote:useless project ... you should improve spring and make OTA campaign for it instead of doing a new useless engine

its their time and project.

spring was(IS) made for fun, just like TA3D, why shouldnt we all stop making spring and instead go help supcom modding scene isntead of the useless spring engine?
Satirik - there are several very big reasons, why we chose to make a new engine :) Why not respect a huge amount of work, that was done? This project in development more than a year, hope we`ll make it release 1.0 soon :)
i respect the work you have done, the screenshots look very promising! good luck with the project and hope the 1.0 will be out soon with multiplayer support ;)

Sleksa - what else TA engines do you know?
zwzsg made a post about them on TAU, im not sure if its still there, but i remember reading about spring for the first time in there, along with TA3D, some modded FPS engine, and 2-3 other engines too, most of them being total crap.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

spring was(IS) made for fun, just like TA3D, why shouldnt we all stop making spring and instead go help supcom modding scene isntead of the useless spring engine?
because supcom is not open source and free (and because supcom is a bad game for now)
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

As far as I know the projects have different goals.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I recall the goal of TA3D is to be 100% compatible with TA content.

The goal of Spring was to just run content from TA, not necessarily be 100% compatible (it never has been and it never will be 100% compatible).
The current goal (more like heading since it's not really defined as the goal anywhere) of Spring is providing more flexibility to modders, to support a bunch of different games, not only TA based.

Spring is more heading towards a generic RTS engine with it's roots in TA, while TA3D is aiming to replicate TA.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Satirik wrote:useless project ... you should improve spring and make OTA campaign for it instead of doing a new useless engine

and the award for douche of the month goes to...
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

I swear people on these forums like to say things that get other people hating them...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

LOrDo wrote:I swear people on these forums like to say things that get other people hating them...
I'm starting to feel the same.

Well, Babax, I for one wish TA3D well. I'll even play from time to time.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”