1v1 BA tourney - Page 2

1v1 BA tourney

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Lolsquad_Steven wrote:
url_00 wrote:I found out that I suck at 1vs1...
:shock:
Just do what neddiedrow does, blame the 1v1 system instead of yourself.
Love you too, Steven.

Who is at the bottom of the ladder these days? Tell me when I hit rock bottom, then I'll start playing.

Honestly, for me, there is no play motive. The issue has always been with me, I've always accepted that. I don't play very hard in 1v1, and I barely care about it. C'est la vie.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

Who do you communicate with?
= ; the opponent.
Timing is more important when trying to mount a combined strike vs multiple opponents.
, no it isnt, the scale is smaller, but that means you need to use more micro, which means more timing, not just the attacks of units, but every action, placing solars at the right time, expanding at a right time, turning your flash/gater in fights( if you ever micro gater vs flash you should know this ~_~)
Nat.expos?
= natural expansions, the closest mexes around you.
More recovery= harder kill
may be true, but if you look @ xta where units have bigger hp values and less dps than ba, the units have a lot of time to run away when they reach low hp, retreating in ba needs to be timed more delicately ( THIS IS NOT A XTA BASH, XTA IS A NICE MOD, I PLAY IT TOO.)
The diversity issue... try com-dropping to *that* hill part way across the map in a 1v1, watch you base get rushed. See many LRPC/nuc/t3 (lol t2?) in 1v1s? Refused flank= impossible/irrelevant in 1v1. etc etc etc
i am not going to argue with this, but i see 1v1 has more room for diversity than team games, sure the unit variety may be smaller with the lack of tiers. but how many 5v5 game ends in 4 mins with the other side getting killed by 3 weasels and 2 flash?

Honestly, for me, there is no play motive. The issue has always been with me, I've always accepted that. I don't play very hard in 1v1, and I barely care about it. C'est la vie.
at first i thought like,

: ((((((( : ((((((( : (((((((((((((

then i thought,

NEDDIE!!!!!
pintle

Post by pintle »

Sleksa wrote:how many 5v5 game ends in 4 mins with the other side getting killed by 3 weasels and 2 flash?
I said earlier that i love 1v1, you pretty much perfectly described why i do :)
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

pintle wrote:issue... try com-dropping to *that* hill part way across the map in a 1v1, watch you base get rushed. See many LRPC/nuc/t3 (lol t2?) in 1v1s? Refused flank= impossible/irrelevant in 1v1. etc etc etc
I've seen more unique plays in 1v1s tbh

Return to “Tournaments”