netPanzer and Spring

netPanzer and Spring

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

FoeOfTheBee

netPanzer and Spring

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

If you haven't tried netPanzer, it is definitely worth giving a whirl.
http://netpanzer.berlios.de/about.html
It's in the Ubuntu repositories, and there's a Windows binary.

I think it's a great game concept that is implemented in a very clunky engine. If Spring could allow a player to join a game in progress, I think a Spring mod replicating the netPanzer concept would be doable, and really, really fun.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

A mutator for S:44 could be used to supply the units.
manored

Post by manored »

The concept is cool, but if I remember well I played the game and didnt liked it. If I remember well it was because it has only tanks/vehicles and most of then had the same use, and I found that boring.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

FLOZi wrote:A mutator for S:44 could be used to supply the units.
That would be awesome. Ive been waiting for some one to do a resource free mod in this fasion for a long time now :D
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

FLOZi, you can do it!
FoeOfTheBee

Post by FoeOfTheBee »

manored wrote:The concept is cool, but if I remember well I played the game and didnt liked it. If I remember well it was because it has only tanks/vehicles and most of then had the same use, and I found that boring.
I totally agree. I also ended up missing all the things I am used to in Spring, especially zooming way out, and right click + drag to set units up in a line.
manored

Post by manored »

I think that citys (areas or constructions that start on the map and can be captured by players and destroyed (and rebuilt if destroyed) and give especial abilities (produces resources for example) to whoever haves then) would be a nice adition. Even more if the host gains the ability of choosing where the citys are gonna be :)
Doombringer

Post by Doombringer »

I like this game, my name is LT. Totobello

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”