"Spring" imminent?

"Spring" imminent?

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
jouninkomiko

"Spring" imminent?

Post by jouninkomiko »

Okay guys, we need your help a bit. We are thinking of changing the name of Spring to something official. There's a thread I started up where you all can post ideas and if we like any of them, we'll either choose or ask you to choose from a list of what we like. In addition to that, I am working on the client as of right now. It looks kind of bland, not having any graphics and all to use, so I have a favor to ask. Anyone willing to make logos, buttons (like x buttons) and stuff I can embed into the client, do so! I know there's no official name right now, so maybe you might want to avoid any "Spring" logos until one's made official. There's the submit files section on the website now.
Pxtl

Allrighty...

Post by Pxtl »

Thinking so far - TA's strength isn't the plot, or the effects, but the total feeling of control. As such, I've always thought the ultimate name for a TA-like game is "Army of Me" - but that's already a Bjork song. How about something simple? Like "Maestro" - I've always felt that commanding aircraft over the symphonic background reminded me of conducting. Along those lines, how about "Steel Orchestra" or "Symphony of Destruction". Or following the "metal" theme, call it "metal tide".

Alternately, a variant of the TA name would do: "Complete Destruction" or something. Or simply something to show the absolute, core, capital nature of TA as the greatest RTS ever: "War One", or "RTS: Core"

Or alternately, how about a reference to the polished, new nature of the game? "TA: Chrome Complete" or something.

Or the obvious GNU-like names. SINTA (Spring Is Not Total Annihilation).
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

Aww...I like TA Spring...

I mean, spring, start of the seasons, new TA, everyone waits for both of em for the beauty of stuff.

IF not stuff like TA Resurrected, TA 1.9, TA Spanked, TA Advanced...

I'll get to work on some buttons :D
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

How about 'The Pattern Conflict' or 'Pattern wars' as a take on the original story.

or perhaps: Total Indignation

I like TA Spring best though
Last edited by ephillips on 02 Nov 2004, 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa »

I like TA Spring too, or just Spring.

At any rate, I might have a shot at making some buttons.
┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒?

Post by ┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒? »

Total Annihilation: Rebellion
Coydog

Post by Coydog »

I especially like "steel orchestra" but there is already a UT2k4 mod called "red orchestra" (not that that means you can't use it, but something more original might be nice)

I would avoid any direct references to TA or the original TA plotline. After all, we are naming the engine (right?) not the TA+ that will run on it.

I like the unsaid permutation of pxtl's ideas: Steel Symphony (ooh alliteration)

I don't know Swedish, but I bet there's a word that sounds cool in Swedish that we could use...
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

yea, there definitely shouldn't be any reference to TA at all. If anything, just Spring instead of TA: Spring, and so on.
High Caliber

Post by High Caliber »

TA Spring seems good to me.
Phantom16

Post by Phantom16 »

"Total Annihilation: Reborn" mabye?

Post by Guest »

I am almost positive that there are no games with these names.

Reckoning

The Consciousness War

Shards

After Life: Armageddon

Post by Guest »

"steel orchestra" sounds great if you ask me. While the name is close to "red orchestra", it doesnt really have much to do with it...

Besides, it sounds really cool!
jouninkomiko

Post by jouninkomiko »

let me reiterate... TA or Total Annihilation cannot be in the name! We don't want to get sued, you know :)
TAW_aRKoN

Post by TAW_aRKoN »

what about metal platoon or sum shat like that. or metal command :?:

Post by Guest »

how about something with TRON on the end? that would be cool, "KILLATRON"... "STABATRON"... "TRONATRON"... "LESBATRON"... oh that's it... call this off, i think we have a name.[/quote]

Post by Guest »

I believe you should stick with just Spring
you should put something relating the engine to TA though
without TA the idea of the engine would not have even arisen
people that have been in the TA community would at least recognize Spring to be realated to TA
If you change the name to something completely different it just wouldnt be the same thing anymore

Post by Guest »

Im gonna use my right to vote and vote for Spring!..

I've grown accustome to that name :D I'd prefer to leave it as it is, but jouninkomiko is right to avoid legal issues TA shouldnt be in the name, but Im sure there will be enough reference to TA within the game that ppl wil know it.

:wink: :wink: :wink:
┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒?

Post by ┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒? »

Metal Wars
Metal Rebels
Metal Dawn
The Culling of Steel
Steel Spring
Steel Prophicies
┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒?

Post by ┬┐┬º├¢├¥h├©├▒? »

Total Wars
Pius II.

Post by Pius II. »

I like the sound of "The Spring Project". It's got "Spring", sounds a bit like a generic operation, and it's totally meaningless.

Return to “News”