Gundam 1.11 release post. - Page 5

Gundam 1.11 release post.

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

smoth

Post by smoth »

Ok, so I am on my way back and I would love to see some of the games that have been played. I am terribly limited to about 2 weeks to get ready to do some more stuff with my summer so I would like to watch some replays and it would be good to know what you guys are seeing online. I may be able to play some games next week but I cannot be sure so I would like some demos.

of cheif interest are:

Exploitable units
Battles where mainly 1 or 2 units are all a player needs to win.(I.E: lol gaetor spaem)
generaly interesting demos are also of interest.

I am sorry I have been unable to be around but trips like the one I have just completed are important experiences however, I am still commited so if you would oblidge me I will try and consider a minor patch release if changes are required immediately, I will begrudgingly make a patch release. However, if I am to do this I need to have some feed back. Any patch must be completed soon the 1.2 work will greatly change the project and require a large amount of testing(possibly 2-4 months) of turrets and new units. SO.... I need to have some feedback to give you guys a patch should you gents require it.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think I already told you about some of these:
  • Xamel can be loaded on Dodai 2. Nasty.
  • Zaku RL lacks a role, it has almost no range advantage over a regular Zaku and only half the DPS. Having it as a building smasher would be ineffective since it gets raped by defense anyway and against regular buildings it doesn't matter that much how many hits they take so you're better off spending that money on more firepower for anti-mech battles. Sure they can hit air but they won't even down a bomber in one shot and any plane that's flying straight can be killed with the Zaku MGs, too. BTW, loading Zaku RLs on Dodai2s only makes them hit the Dodai2, unlike Zaku2s they can't shoot through the plane.
  • RGM79E has twice the DPS of a Zaku2 or 79G with a larger range (790 as opposed to 450) and no damage reduction vs. buildings, it doesn't hit much at long distance but a low chance to hit is better than not shooting at all. Considering it's cheaper than the 79G that seems strange. It should be swapped with the 79G price-wise or changed to have a role that doesn't overlap the 79g's. Also it's the only T1 unit with a range that matches Char's, Zeon's T1 has 500 as its longest range, good luck hitting a char with that.
  • The K├â┬ñmpfer closes in on shotgun range when ordered to attack, it can't use its rocketlaunchers to outrange defenses like that. Could be prevented by making the rocket launcher weapon 1, the player would have to manually move him close enough for that. You could possibly script it so that even when the K├â┬ñmpfer is in shotgun mode it'll use its rocket launchers until the target is in shotgun range
  • The gouf aims really slow, I've often run a Ez8 right into a gouf and killed it with the vulcans because it took too long to aim its weapon.
  • There might be a tag in 75b1 that will make a weapon measure its range to the target's edge rather than the center, would solve the first hurdle for melee. It's not committed yet AFAIK.
  • The RX78-3 G3 may be overpriced, it can neither kite nor rape like its more expensive brethren and doesn't have the speed or damage output (at least against coms) of a Gouf Custom, either. The only thing it can do a Gouf Custom can't is outrange defenses but the G3 costs 15000M, the Custom 6000M and that at Zeon's increased metal output. Try spawning a bunch of Zaku2s and attacking them with a G3, then a Gouf Custom. With the G3 they die one by one, with the Custom they get torn apart by the dozen.
Flint

Post by Flint »

Its good to see you are keeping up with the mod smoth +
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Flint wrote:Its good to see you are keeping up with the mod smoth +
I've only heard of you in legend! Oh my!
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

now melee code is on its way, i demand power rangers style mech fighting
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I'd suggest using the MeleeWeapon for that instead of a beamlaser.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

edit2: weapontype=Melee instead of all beamlaser stuff doesn't work well. Damage is dealt, but the zaku rotates away from the target (edit3: actually, always west). Any ideas?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I fixed that in my version, it was just missing the aiming code. If my patch goes in (after it's finished, of course, though I don't remember anymore what I still have to do :() that'll be as well.
http://mitglied.lycos.de/KDR_11k/files/ ... .patch.txt
smoth

Post by smoth »

well, melee combat working now mearly means that I would start slowly adding it in one by one to each mech. I'll probably start with hero units and go from there. However, odds are it will not be in 1.2 because I have a large enough list for that version.

Good to see ya flint, how's it goin? We were kinda worried about you.

Kdr, I am finishing off that core morty today. Afterwards I may end up spending the rest of the evening fixing the issues you brought up. If That ends up being the case I will make a new test version this weekend for the fixes.
Flint

Post by Flint »

its going well, do you remember what my in game lobby name was? For the life of me i cant remeber and so i cant login now with it
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Eh, just get a new one then.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I suspect you were [EE]Flint or [EE]Flintlock.
smoth

Post by smoth »

75b1 and b2 borked up the aim code or something like that and since I was gone on a trip I came back not too long ago. Here is a fix.

http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/33 ... .11_Fix_1/
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

whars my melee combartt?
smoth

Post by smoth »

melee doesn't work in this version of spring and I am not stoping the current direction of development to implement it immediately when spring has it. Gundam has a lot to be done, melee is merely one part of that.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

BTW, may be worth mentioning that some buildings have strangely valuable corpses, e.g. metalmakers have 500 metal corpses while they cost only afraction of that to make.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Flint is alive?

Holy shi---
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

but melee is cool
smoth

Post by smoth »

it is ivory but so is more balanced range combat, uvmapped units, all of the planned units getting done and lua ui work.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I eagerly await your melee smoth.. This will be entertaining.

Devs, hurry up and get on melee...

Return to “Game Releases”