Balanced Annihilation 5.5 is OUT - Page 4

Balanced Annihilation 5.5 is OUT

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Relative

Post by Relative »

NOiZE wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:In tests, a jugg supported by 4 Penetrators and 10 Reapers can breach a defense line consisting of two Doomsday Machines, two Annihilators, 12 Vipers and 10 Sharpshooters, and it doesn't die to boot *_*
You know the Juggernaut is T3 right?
There isn't another T3 unit that compares to the Juggernaut in terms of resistance. A krogoth doesn't even come close, and don't get me started with the arm T3.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

MR.D wrote:Ba is taking a turn for the crapper, there is no hope left.. :(
MR.D from AA thread wrote:Are we ever going to see another release of AA, or are we doomed to play BA where nothing ever gets changed to make things interesting once in a while?
lol you are an idiot.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

i dont think UberRapeDef Jugg is a bad thing; i just wsh Arm had something T3 that was as good in some way.

Oh, and bring back bertha ships! grrrr!
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Relative wrote:
NOiZE wrote:
KingRaptor wrote:In tests, a jugg supported by 4 Penetrators and 10 Reapers can breach a defense line consisting of two Doomsday Machines, two Annihilators, 12 Vipers and 10 Sharpshooters, and it doesn't die to boot *_*
You know the Juggernaut is T3 right?
There isn't another T3 unit that compares to the Juggernaut in terms of resistance. A krogoth doesn't even come close, and don't get me started with the arm T3.
5.4 --> 5.5

Increased Bantha's HP (almost doubled)
Increased Razorback speed and dps about 50 %
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

I really don't like how much the Commander sucks in this mod. I propose making the game unplayable in Comm Continues, give him lots of armour and a cheap cloak that you can afford easily after 10 minutes. That way people will just have to be careful he doesn't die for 10 minutes, and then can cloak him and not worry about him after that. Then they'll have nothing to moan and whine about. And you won't have to make him ridiculously low armoured to balance the game.

Alternatively the Supreme Commander system works well. Give each Commander 10k or 12k armour and don't let them d-gun each other. Then have the comm bomb do 4k damage. That way if someone just walks their Commander into you and your base yours comes out unscathed and can hold off the units he follows through with while he get crippled by lack of storage. That way people will hang onto their Commander rather than throwing him away after 5 minutes in the hope of leveling your base.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Molloy wrote:I really don't like how much the Commander sucks in this mod. I propose making the game unplayable in Comm Continues, give him lots of armour and a cheap cloak that you can afford easily after 10 minutes. That way people will just have to be careful he doesn't die for 10 minutes, and then can cloak him and not worry about him after that. Then they'll have nothing to moan and whine about. And you won't have to make him ridiculously low armoured to balance the game.

Cloaking cost 100 E currently (while standing still). So thats about 5 solars, or 1,25 Adv Solars..
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

You already proposed making Commander Ends the default in the engine. Stop attempting to force your preferred settings upon others. Commander Ends is good for some forms of play, and Commander Continues is preferable for others.

Either learn to handle commanders in a Commander Continues game of BA, or don't play Commander Continues games. The choices are yours, and have nothing to do with the game itself, Molloy.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Most "pro" players play with ends anyway.... only the speedmetalnoobs and cabbage uses continues...
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Not exactly. Commander Ends is favoured for free-for-alls and 1v1, or participant limited play. Commander Continues is favoured for team games.
KingRaptor
Zero-K Developer

Post by KingRaptor »

neddiedrow wrote:You already proposed making Commander Ends the default in the engine. Stop attempting to force your preferred settings upon others. Commander Ends is good for some forms of play, and Commander Continues is preferable for others.

Either learn to handle commanders in a Commander Continues game of BA, or don't play Commander Continues games. The choices are yours, and have nothing to do with the game itself, Molloy.
+3.14159
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Team games suck in comm ends. They suck hard. First team to lose a comm instaloses.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

jackalope wrote:
MR.D wrote:Ba is taking a turn for the crapper, there is no hope left.. :(
MR.D from AA thread wrote:Are we ever going to see another release of AA, or are we doomed to play BA where nothing ever gets changed to make things interesting once in a while?
lol you are an idiot.
I love how you pull this completely out of context, and its even backwards in post order, btw, gg.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

On the EMP resistance- most EMP weapons do insane amounts of damage.

The Stiletto does 48,000 damage per bomb. That is, in a single bomb, enough to para a buzzsaw (The third highest HP thing in the game, after a krog and jugg). It drops 6-8 of these bombs in one run! Thats about 336,000 damage per run- which is why it utterly nukes wreckage. Thus, it takes 2 runs from a stiletto to para a Jugg.

So yeah, Stilettos are defo an option. Forget everything else tough, it would take 5 emp missiles to para a jugg (not worth it).
Peekaboom

Post by Peekaboom »

Just a thought / suggestion:

The BOTA mod (basically OTA) allows units to shoot through friendlies and target the ground even if there is a friendly unit at that point, much like the behaviors from OTA.

I'm wondering if this could be implimented into BA, possibly as a mutator to test it out. What would the ramifications be? I for one like the increased volume of fire / carngae resulting from shooting through your own units, but I can see how it may throw off unit balance.

Also, can the Core Cruiser be reverted back to having a cannon for its main gun instead of the laser?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Well, unit masses would prove more effective. I ran a limited test of this a long time ago, actually - It makes dumbfire units and those with low placed weapons much more effective while reducing the need for micromanagement with units who utilize projectile weapons. The game becomes faster and, for me, less interesting, as my primary advantage, micromanagment, becomes much less useful. It does nothing to alleviate the other shortcomings of the game, sadly.
Peekaboom

Post by Peekaboom »

how hard would it be to implement that functionality with BA?

Editing every weapon porfile I'm assuming, looking at the tags for the BOTA weapons in the modit.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

As far as things go, not incredibly. It, however, offers no immediate benefits to play and fundamentally hamstrings the micromanagement side of play. I, for one, have less interest in making an exponential economy than I do forcing a Hammer to dodge Rocko fire.
pintle

Post by pintle »

AFAIK flash vs insti balance relies quite heavily on the height of the insti's weapon vs the flash, target through friendlies might throw off balance quiet a lot in this regard, particularly with insti's range advantage.

Would also neutralise a few unit's advantages (janus for example).

(sorry to perpetuate off-topicness)
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

I think Peekaboom should make his own mod.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

NOiZE wrote:I think Peekaboom should make his own mod.
Possibly.

Return to “Game Releases”