Spring in China - Page 3

Spring in China

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Tim Blokdijk wrote:
jackalope wrote:well it just so happens I do know chinese, so I asked them why they don't play on the main server:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... highlight=

I'll report back after they reply.
I have read some of it via Google translate but it still takes me 15+ min to load a page with it.
Can you tell them that the new Spring site will have some support for multiple languages? And that I would love to work with them on it? I don't know if we can fix all problems but I do like to make it more easy for the Chinese to use the Spring site.
ok I said that.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

TradeMark wrote:
Zpock wrote:, and they also seem to play lots of strange mods.
They plays Speed Ball V2, Speed Ball Isles 8 Way Hack V3, Speed Ball Isles 16 Way Hack, Speed Ball Ring 8 Hack 2, Speed Balls 16 Kernel Panic, Speed Balls Star 6 Way or Speed Balls 16 Way ?
Weird, not faddish.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

LathanStanley wrote:
/me blinks... :shock:

maybe, just, maybe... someone is playing mine? :-)
Thank God! I wasn't able to find what they were lookin at... but I was worrid tehy had found one of the test releases or somthing... panic over.

aGorm
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

<offtopic>
jackalope wrote:well it just so happens I do know chinese
Eh? An American who knows an Asian language? (No offence intended, just that I am very, very impressed.)

</offtpic>
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

bwansy wrote:<offtopic>
Eh? An American who knows an Asian language? (No offence intended, just that I am very, very impressed.)

</offtpic>
He's a sarcastic, lying son of a *bleeeeeeeeeeep or b&*.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

ofc. remember, all americans are white christians who only know and understand english
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

jackalope is a chinese born girl i thought everyone knew that
chaime

Post by chaime »

In fact,on official lobby,we can play TAS that all players are in China.
but TAS player is few and few in China.
if we play with American or European,bad growing ping drives us scared.
So ,That's actually reason why we do almost not log in official lobby.
And old TA players do not like right click mode.:)
Last edited by chaime on 20 Jul 2007, 05:45, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Bad pings? Most of my clan is in Australia, and i never have latency or ping issues with them... I'm in America by the way.

The ping is dependent more on the persogo i nn and less on the country... come in the main lobby more! :)

Edit: Ofc if its a Graet firewalz of C. issue, then its an altogether different matter altogether - but do let us know :)
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Foxomaniac wrote:
bwansy wrote:<offtopic>

</offtpic>
He's a sarcastic, lying son of a *bleeeeeeeeeeep or b&*.
Troll. Ban him.

EDIT: Fox, either your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning and giving you false positives, or you are deliberately insulting me. Please don't disgrace yourself.

@Isach: Really? "Chinese" and "girl" are two rare types on this forum, and "she" is both? My "jokes detector" is screaming.
Last edited by bwansy on 20 Jul 2007, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I suspect as the game goes on, the connections priority gets lower and lwoer and ping rises.

This way traffic for websites is mainly unnaffected but games and heavy applications suffer.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

Ishach wrote:jackalope is a chinese born girl i thought everyone knew that
gee thanks isaac are you going to help me read through all the pms I just got?
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

ok well one guy asked if it was possible to allow chinese chat in the client, and information in chinese.

Then some of the others were talking about how its strnge that they can get decent pings on other western-based servers but not TAS, but it would be nice to play against westerners.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Troll. Ban him.

EDIT: Fox, either your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning and giving you false positives, or you are deliberately insulting me. Please don't disgrace yourself.
I thought he was talking to you about jackalope.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

jackalope wrote:
sure thing baby 8)
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

lurker wrote:
Troll. Ban him.

Maybe, but Jack does know Chinese. I read his posts on that forum. Web translators cannot produce such fluent and complete sentences.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

SmuG is the fucking Rainbow Coalition. We just need a black dude and a mexican, and we'll be set.
RavingManiac

Post by RavingManiac »

To do list:
1. Have both East and West Spring communities playing Spring on the same server.
2. Multilingual support for the Spring website.
3. Implement English-Chinese and Chinese-English translator into chat. (does anybody know of one that is open-source?)
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

bwansy wrote:
lurker wrote:
Troll. Ban him.

Maybe, but Jack does know Chinese. I read his posts on that forum. Web translators cannot produce such fluent and complete sentences.
Oh word, I thought it was the usual "SmuG happy troll hour", a SmuG saying "I know chinese" was a bit hard to take seriously considering your usual goat post.
DragonMaster45 wrote:SmuG is the fucking Rainbow Coalition. We just need a black dude and a mexican, and we'll be set.
And an arab dude....... OH WAIT
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

jackalope wrote:
Put it all out there, I think we all love to read up on those :lol: but do open up a new topic as I don't like it if this topic derails more. Keep it on topic people I'm interested in this.
jackalope wrote:ok well one guy asked if it was possible to allow Chinese chat in the client, and information in Chinese.

Then some of the others were talking about how its strnge that they can get decent pings on other western-based servers but not TAS, but it would be nice to play against westerners.
Thanks for the help with relaying and translating. :-)
Can you respond with this?:
Technically it would be possible to have Chinese chat support I presume, but we had moderation problems in the past where we had a flame-war in French and moderators powerless to act as they could not understand it.
To solve this we would need people that can write/read both Chinese and English as lobby moderators.
There might be more things that would have to be resolved before we can effectively support a multi-language community but as a native Dutch speaker I understand some of the pain. :-)
Information in Chinese would be possible with the new site but some things like the text of news itself would be in English, I hope to have support for translated tutorials.

I don't know how to solve the connection problems, maybe a lobby developer can look into that?
chaime wrote:In fact,on official lobby,we can play TAS that all players are in China.
but TAS player is few and few in China.
if we play with American or European,bad growing ping drives us scared.
So ,That's actually reason why we do almost not log in official lobby.
And old TA players do not like right click mode.:)
Looking at the site statistics Spring gets more traffic from China then from Australia for example. But that traffic is mostly from downloads not from visiting the site pages. So there is a reasonable userbase in China. Same story for Taiwan and India.

Return to “General Discussion”