Stuff to finish before release - Page 5

Stuff to finish before release

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Less then one week (hopefully) or more then a month otherwise. (due to vacation)
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Tobi wrote:Less then one week (hopefully) or more then a month otherwise. (due to vacation)
And resync will not be in this one? Alright, I'll keep pushing back the promo plans.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

I just had a chat with Tobi about that. I think it's good to have some promotion for this release depending on a functioning lobby for Linux or not. We can use some more exposure of Spring in the Linux direction.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I can scrape some Linux work together, have a few friends in that breeze.
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

+1, AFlobby worked well for joining games last time I tried and it's only got better. (Didn't have time to test, but I really missed replay functionality. Hope that's in or will be soon.)
Relative

Post by Relative »

AFlobby is pretty stable overall, and most of the necessary features, with exception of some hosting features, are implemented. One regular complaint I have found, however, is unitsync errors. I'm not altogether sure about the issue, but it seems people have been needing to compile a unitsync for each distro (Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, SUSE, 32/64 Bit, etc...), which makes distribution of the lobby difficult and frustrating.

AF should know much more about this than me of course.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Unitsync will be installed by Spring in 0.75
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

AFLobby hasnt support for the following hosting issues:

- Starting rectangle drawing (supports rectangles it just cant draw them)
- Incomplete holepunching support (infrastructure necessary present but incomplete)
- Battle moderation commands such a kick or force team (itll support being changed by a tasclient host or an autohost but there's no UI for and aflobby host just yet)
- Adding restricted units (it can work with them if a tasclient host adds them though)

Otherwise its all there. Rectangles, working scripts, theres no reason why linux users shouldnt use it. The above is basically all thats left todo for general lobby support, after which a rename command a change password command and lobby commands are all thats left.

As for unitsync, 0.75 includes my java bindings which means if 0.75 is released tomorrow and all linux users upgrade then they wont need any of the custom unitsync.so files bouncing around(thanks to tobi for the work getting scons and unitsync compiling correctly with this in svn).
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

Whoa, AF, these issues all seem to solvable to me! So, for just joining, there is no problem with using AFLobby, except for the password changing? This would be great! I really want to encourage you to work this out, and release this :) would be a great achievement!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

As always progress will happen wether ppl like it or not ^_^
Noruas
XTA Developer

err

Post by Noruas »

Looks like i better finish xta today, but it ends in 26 minutes for me... bah oh wellz.

Return to “Engine”