A plea for help.

A plea for help.

Share and discuss visual creations and creation practices like texturing, modelling and musing on the meaning of life.

Moderators: MR.D, Moderators

Keithus

A plea for help.

Post by Keithus »

To make a long story short, I have less than a few days to put forward a portfolio to a media design school. I am supposed to provide my previous work. However all my previous work was lost in an incident involving a reformat of the wrong harddrive by myself (Idiot).

I have posted models here before on file sharing websites in various different threads. The filesharing site has deleted these due to inactivity.

If anyone has anything that I have posted here still on their harddrive I would very muchly like them to send it to me at I_am_not_here_really@hotmail.com or to post it on a file sharing site and give me the link.

I cannot say how much I would appreciate it, if you could, even just have a quick look though your downloads etc to see if you still have something.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

There's a model of yours still up in the SWTA dev forum. I wish you finished it though, it was shaping up nicely :)

Search for your name in the forum and it'll come up. You uploaded an obj file IIRC.
Keithus

Post by Keithus »

True, but unless someone at swta has it on their computer its gone, the filehosting site I used deleted all my files from inactivity.

On another note, untill now I have been living without internet and once my portfolio is in I should have some time to work up/on some models. I need to work on my photoshop skills anyhow before the course starts.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

If you want to work on your PS skills, we'd love another texturer :)

I'll have a look on my desktop and see if I can find your model.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

Did you model the Freerunner CAV?

If you did, I have that model
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Go download knoppix and while tis downloading make sure nothing is writtne to your formatted hardrive, writting to the HD could overwrite unflagged existing data.

Burn knoppix to a CD and boot the CD. knoppix has a free file recovery program (they usually cost $40+ under windows), use that to recover your files. Remember, writting to that HD could overwrite the unrecovered files.
Keithus

Post by Keithus »

I had started modelling the free runner. If you have that I would really appreciate you sending me it :D.

Unfortunatly I had my models stored on a small partition that had xp written over it, I had several partitions for different OS's along with a small partition I had made for stuff I intended to keep, which ended up as the partition with xp written over it. I am quite certain the files are gone as I hadnt used much of the partition before the format and with xp installed it nearly filled it completely. Unless knoppix can read shadows of old data im bent.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Tough break dude, sorry :|
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

That's the one GMN. I think I have formatted since getting that model...
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

side note. there is software to recover files after the disc was formatted (well, as long as you haven't written over it) exalmple: http://www.whitecanyon.com/recover-my-f ... covery.php
I once saed a friends portfolio project with that ^.^'
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

And as I said there's a 100% free program on knoppix that does the same thign without leeching $70 out of your wallet.

Return to “Art & Modelling”