CN and Cheating - Page 3

CN and Cheating

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

Tim-the-maniac

Post by Tim-the-maniac »

Now I see why zydox was so desperate for me to get on TS :-)
I (plato/ray) have lost my PC for about a month since last week so I couldnt cheat if I wanted. Maybe change thread title to "some CN and cheating"? :]
Also that combom hack was only to attack Tired and he asked for it.

edit: dunno if that second bit even makes sense :|
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

BigSteve wrote: The problem is Goolash giving your stuff away and combombing isn't a valid tactic on comm ends, the rule is com ends, if you lose your comm youre out of the game. That's the RULE, circumventing the rule by giving your stuff to your mate and then comboming an enemy out of the game is cheating, why do people find this so hard to grasp?
Please explain to me how this is cheating? if this is cheating why can i do it without typing .cheat? :P
It's the same as kamikaze, the player who does it dies but his team profits from his actions.
BigSteve wrote:
It was pretty obvious you were cheating without zydox saying anything tbh, and I was right too, you were cheating so I think throwing it up in the air was pretty much justified. :|

Bigsteve, I'll say it again, I died 4th out of a 6 player team, only dox and labris were left, how could i cheat ffs? it was already a lost battle when became a spec.

Bigsteve, I don't believe you are upset for losing to Hael and the guys after that match, I believe you are upset for getting combombed (which i failed btw so the gain was all yours, dox succeeded though) in a com ends game. If you dont wanna get com-bombed declare before the battle starts: "no combombing allowed" and then i'll follow the host's rules but in my book that's the same as the speedmetal generals saying "no attack first 10 minuts", and that's just bending the game's rules to fit your own narrow world view.
I'd agree that FPSing a plane out of the map or FPSing a Moho Exploiter to hit targets half the map away is exploiting the engine weaknesses but combombing on com ends - that's not cheating, that's a difference of opinion.
One last thing: If i find it possible to com-bomb a player who is in doing better than i am in a clan match I will try to do it in order to better my clan chances of winning. you say it's cheating, I say it's sacrificing myself for the good of the team.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Read FTW goolash.
I don't have a problem being combombed atall, I do when ppl circumvent the game rules set by the host and do it though, if I get combombed on com death ends and we're both taken out of the game that's fine not a problem.
But when you give your whole base to your team mate, commbomb and take an enemy out of the game, it sucks, and its cheating.
Your team get to keep all of the eco and units you build up ingame, the enemy is left with a big hole in their flank.
There's not many more ways I can say it really.

If I was really upset about simply being combombed Id have made a million threads about it, Im not, I dont care about winning enough, I just want to play a good game where ppl abide by the rules set by the host.
You can combomb me a million times in com continues and I wont complain, same for game ends, but if you cheat, and give your stuff away before you do it, I will, not that it matters to you though.

Anyway, you cheated, someone pulled you up for it, deal with it.
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

Won't there be a new gameplay option that prevents ppl from giving all their stuff away... or rather... makes it all explode when the comm dies?

I'm guessing that will make you a happy guy, Steve ;)
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

BigSteve wrote: I just want to play a good game where ppl abide by the rules set by the host.
Goolash wrote: If you dont wanna get com-bombed declare before the battle starts: "no combombing allowed" and then i'll follow the host's rules
Bigsteve, You are obviously a reasonable person and I believe myself to be one too and here's what we agree about - if the host decalres no combombing then it's not allowed.
In that specific battle the host(=doratheexplorer=Lion) didn't say anything about combombing (and believe me lion knows I combomb if I find a good chance) hence i was following the rules set by the host which were: none. I can post the log if you want me to.

Bigsteve, I believe that even by your world view i did not cheat. were Lion was to say "no combombs" then what i have done would have been cheating but under the rules set for the match i was well within the limits.

Bigsteve, I hope we can agree to disagree on this subject but keep in mind that if you don't want me to combomb in com ends all you have to say to me is "don't" and i will comply with the host's rules.

-Goolash
DemO

Post by DemO »

This thread is win.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Zydox wrote:Won't there be a new gameplay option that prevents ppl from giving all their stuff away... or rather... makes it all explode when the comm dies?

I'm guessing that will make you a happy guy, Steve ;)
You guessed right. :wink:

@Goolash, your missing my point again, comm bombing isn't the issue that bothers me.
It's the fact that you get around the com end = death rule by giving your base away before you combomb, leaving the enemy with a big hole and your team with 1 less comm but a buttload more eco to spam units with, eco that, by the rules set in game, should have disappeared with your comm when he went bang.

Like I said, Comm bomb me as many times as you like! It's all good, I like to have my comm out front and that leaves me open to a combomb. just do it without giving ure stuff away first!

Besides my main issue was the TS thing, which was the main reason for the thread.
Goolash_

Post by Goolash_ »

BigSteve wrote:Besides my main issue was the TS thing, which was the main reason for the thread.
And as i said before, I didn't cheat... i died 4th etc, etc...

About the com bomb, say it pre battle and i'll comply. if you dont say it don't expect me to know it. What more do you want of me? I'm getting tired of this...
Last edited by Goolash_ on 04 Jul 2007, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
PRO_rANDY

Post by PRO_rANDY »

drama
caldera

Post by caldera »

I'm sure these ts-cheats are used by almost every clan, mostly by players who are defeated ingame then suddendly see all and just have to tell their mates: uups the enemy has no AA/antinuke/etc... we could prevent this by implementing a new sort of spectating, which allows you only to see what your team can see, after you are defeated. this would be a better solution than "trusting" the others or kicking defeated players.
jackalope

Post by jackalope »

well I don't know about other guys but I'm with daywalker on this one. Personally I wouldn't mind if all 4 of my teammates just gave me all their stuff and quit.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

jackalope wrote:well I don't know about other guys but I'm with daywalker on this one. Personally I wouldn't mind if all 4 of my teammates just gave me all their stuff and quit.
Either you're exaggerating your ability, which is below you, I think, or you're trying to kid around. In either case, I need to dig up a few replays.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

neddiedrow wrote:
jackalope wrote:well I don't know about other guys but I'm with daywalker on this one. Personally I wouldn't mind if all 4 of my teammates just gave me all their stuff and quit.
Either you're exaggerating your ability, which is below you, I think, or you're trying to kid around. In either case, I need to dig up a few replays.
If you took 4 bases on comet catcher it would hardly be more space than you would be expected to control by yourself in a 1v1 anyway :S

The most difficult thing about picking up allied bases is having to give their cons and labs new orders :/
Day

Post by Day »

time to derail the topic, andy sucks!
DemO

Post by DemO »

Being given any number of teammates bases is a total godsend. You can dedicate what would usually be 2 players economy+units into 1 and thus overpower and out produce any single player. Plus normally allies are shit and you can do much more with their stuff than they would have.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

once when we had a TS server smug spec cheated for like a whole week just cause we could

v. cool v. fun
drolito

Post by drolito »

@Zydox : you're only a lier, im sure u have found the replay and doesn't want to put it ... it's your choice ... but i will found it this evening when i will be at my home and post it !!!
Zydox
Lobby Developer

Post by Zydox »

drolito wrote:@Zydox : you're only a lier, im sure u have found the replay and doesn't want to put it ... it's your choice ... but i will found it this evening when i will be at my home and post it !!!
Ehh... what's the basis for calling me a lier?
You are the one who made the clain that CN said "fuck, mother fucker, bitch" to you... I don't recall that ever happen, and I couldn't find the replay you talked about... so I'm looking forward to you providing the evidense...

I'm not saying it didn't happen... I'm just saying that I don't recall it...
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

why are there pages and pages of discussion about this

ffs,
hunterw wrote:its like ghosting on counterstrike

just kick specs if you suspect it happening
drolito

Post by drolito »

Zydox wrote:
drolito wrote:@Zydox : you're only a lier, im sure u have found the replay and doesn't want to put it ... it's your choice ... but i will found it this evening when i will be at my home and post it !!!
Ehh... what's the basis for calling me a lier?
You are the one who made the clain that CN said "fuck, mother fucker, bitch" to you... I don't recall that ever happen, and I couldn't find the replay you talked about... so I'm looking forward to you providing the evidense...

I'm not saying it didn't happen... I'm just saying that I don't recall it...
Only one CN say that, he was too despite that we had won ... but it's not one of the most famous CN ... i have only seeing him during few weeks ... but i dont remember his fucking name :-(
I was thinking he was a smurf of flopflop ... :wink:

But its only a game zydox ... we won this for sure ... but we loose a lot against you or others :S

Return to “Ingame Community”