Balanced Annihilation 5.4 is out

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

Day gave me orders so I did some work and here is the result.
changelog wrote:5.3 --> 5.4

Storm costs increased
Reaper hp increased
Warrior dps increased
Cor goliath costs increased
Samson/Slasher LoS increased
Panther is more accurate now while moving
V-launch missles don't go as high anymore

HAVE PHUN

PS

If you want fancy effects a la CA/XTA/other mods, play them.
Last edited by NOiZE on 11 Jun 2007, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

why don't vertical launch missiles go as high anymore? I hope they still go as high enough to reach the hills on most maps, that used to be very annoying.

anyways next time you make a release don't forget the razorback cost, its about double what it's worth :P
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

Alternatively, theft can simplify this alot.. ^^

edit: boo! was meant to quote noize :p
carpja

Post by carpja »

Samson/Slasher LoS increased ?

620 sight? level 1 is gonna turn into a missle truck build-a-thon. Samson/Slasher's can out range almost all early defenses, chase commanders, now they dont even need radar.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

Lol, the BA devs have been Caydrized.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

carpja wrote:Samson/Slasher LoS increased ?

620 sight? level 1 is gonna turn into a missle truck build-a-thon. Samson/Slasher's can out range almost all early defenses, chase commanders, now they dont even need radar.
I remember Samson spam.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Not to mention that their proliferation in the early game impedes those players who want to catch their opponents with their pants down through being first-to-air.
carpja

Post by carpja »

my above post was snuck in at work :)

i think missle trucks are overpowered 5.3 and below. generally speaking, a unit that shoots farther should have less health. like artillery. the trade off for range is that if an enemy unit gets close, you're toast. i've seen missle trucks hold off/defeat tanks. they already chew LLT's, and like i said above they can chase a commander without ever getting close to dgun range. missle trucks with radar and a little micro are deadly. now you dont even need radar.

some #'s to chew on (Core)

health range
Raider 1625 350
Leveler 1275 315
Slasher 1120 600
Wolverine 550 710

the slasher almost has the same health as the leveler and can shoot about twice as far! the Wolverine, being arti, is a puny 550, but can only shoot about 100 more than a missle truck?

i cant even make a 3d mesh of a cube, so i cant mod for crap. i do however appreciate ANYONE giving their valuable time to make a mod.

that said, my .02, the missle trucks are supposed to be anti air. make them weak so they are NOT frontline units. i think they should be thrown into tank columns for anti-air. thats it. the kbot's anti air cant even shoot anything on the ground (i dont like that). i would suppose in real life missle trucks are loaded with bulky missle ammo and electronics, not heavy armour plating. missle trucks should shoot planes, harrass ground targets, and support tanks. again, my .02.
tombom

Post by tombom »

Felix the Cat wrote:Lol, the BA devs have been Caydrized.
Last version they moved the resurrection kbots to T1 and made them a lot cheaper. They're spammed in 1v1s because they repair so well that they can make a unit practically invincible.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Cabbage wrote:Alternatively, theft can simplify this alot.. ^^
lame.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Spamming Missile trucks? sounds like xta v7.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

[Flame] I would like to see you spamming missile trucks against daywalker or anyone else who's played ba for more than 30 games, The los means that slasher can now see as far as it can shoot.

Its still slow as hell and cant make decent dps compared to other units.

[[620 sight? level 1 is gonna turn into a missle truck build-a-thon. Samson/Slasher's can out range almost all early defenses, chase commanders, now they dont even need radar.]

the slasher almost has the same health as the leveler and can shoot about twice as far! the Wolverine, being arti, is a puny 550, but can only shoot about 100 more than a missle truck?]

by saying that you dont need a radar i can tell that you've played this game a lot and can beat everyone at whim, by simply guessing where the enemy's 30 gaters are coming for you! i bow before your superiority

i also heard about this cool factor , that gaat guns arent outranged by slashers, i also heard that you can build this magical Dragon's teeth in front of you oh so precious D-FENS making the nuclear missiles that the slashers spew out hit the teeth instead of the llt.

[[some #'s to chew on (Core)]]

COMPARE THE DPS WITH LEVELER/RAIDER FOR SOME BETTER RESULTS.

COMPARE THE TURNRATE FOR SOME BETTER RESULTS.

COMPARE THE METAL COSTS FOR SOME REALLY GOOD RESULTS

YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT THE SLASHER HAS BECOME A SPAMMABLE ANTI-SWARM, TANKING, DPS MAKING HARASSER,ARTILLERYTANK KROGOTH DGUNNING COMMANDER WHO IS THE BEST BUILDER IN THE GAME,

BECAUSE IT HAS ITS LOS INCREASED?

[[ in real life missle trucks are loaded with bulky missle ammo and electronics, not heavy armour plating. missle trucks should shoot planes, harrass ground targets, and support tanks. again, my .02.]]

Welcome to the real life where everything is built by a bald metallic man spraying green sperm on buildings, where skyscraper high mechas walk around shooting laserbeams and plasmaballs at eachother in a planet made out of metal.

sorry carpja, but people like you who talk without actually doing nothing else but looking at the numbers with a calculator make me really, really sad. =(

after this flame I dont even want to go into "op rez bots" mentioned by tombom ~___~ [/flame]
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

This is how missile bots work in XTA only missile bots had a big damage nerf, and they are kbots so didnt have the customary hp boost. It works quite well.
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

Sleksa wrote:
Welcome to the
BA thread where people who politely post their views on changes, and even point out it's just their two cents, get flamed by Sleksa?
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

if one unassisted samson can kill infinity unassisted LLTs then that is dumb
Day

Post by Day »

dont take it too badly its just sleksas way of saying what he thinks :D

hes right though!
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

Day wrote:dont take it too badly its just sleksas way of saying what he thinks :D

hes right though!
I don't think he is though, without using any numbers so sleska can understand:

Missile trucks weren't underpowered before, however they got made better, that seems odd.

Also even if you don't believe T1 vehicles are fundamentally better than T1 kbots, it is widely agreed upon that vehicles is "the easy factory", so I don't see why a basic t1 vehicle thats been in there since the beginning of time got buffed all of a sudden.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

making a long range unit have long LOS makes it easier to use unsupported
Boirunner
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by Boirunner »

Day wrote:dont take it too badly its just sleksas way of saying what he thinks :D

hes right though!
Ya I know, and yes he's right. The LOS upgrade does seem a tad random though, mind telling us your reasoning?

edit: My BA wishlist

[ ] A t2 anti-swarm unit to counter flash- and stumpyspam so people actually tech again
[ ] cool effects
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

Boirunner wrote:...A t2 anti-swarm unit to counter flash- and stumpyspam so people...
micro?

Return to “Game Releases”