[video] AAI bombing KAI on SupremeBattlefield.

Various things about Spring that do not fit in any of the other forums listed below, including forum rules.

Moderator: Moderators

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I was watching the two AI battle it out, and it was looking so gorgeous I had to tape it.

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=show&a=it&id=4428

Took me lots of try to capture the precise moment that thunder spiral down, but I feel it was worth it!
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

poor peewee D:

Nemo
Spring 1944 Developer

Post by Nemo »

If someone takes that shot without the lossy JPG compression and without the clock, maybe with the crosshair smudged out...that's totally worthy of screenshot page status.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Doesn't make much sense to still picture it, as you needs to see the stages of peewees walking while a smoking thunder flies nearby, the tension rising when you realise the thunder is spiraling right toward the peewee, the thunder hiting ground in a bright yellow flash, the other peewee getting blown by the shockwave, the other peewee hitting the wreck and subsquently flying in the air, the other peewee then landing and resuming walking like nothing happened, and a view of the black scorch mark that remains: you can't condensate all that in a single screenshot. You need a moving picture, aka a movie.

So I would have said to use the whole movie for the Spring pages with the others movies. Save that I just watched all Cabbage videos on youtube, and now feel ashamed of my own vid.

Btw, is there any special code or key to remove the crosshair?
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

love it when that sort of stuff happens :P
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

Nice vid! Could you possible remake this with the new camera controls? That would make it even more awesome :D
drolito

Post by drolito »

sure it is a fun video :D
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Wow! I didn't know crashing planes actually cause damage.
espylaub wrote:Nice vid! Could you possible remake this with the new camera controls? That would make it even more awesome :D
Yes. Many people have requested for smooth camera movements, but I don't know how it is going now.
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

bwansy wrote:Wow! I didn't know crashing planes actually cause damage.
espylaub wrote:Nice vid! Could you possible remake this with the new camera controls? That would make it even more awesome :D
Yes. Many people have requested for smooth camera movements, but I don't know how it is going now.
There's been a patch for the dev version that implements smooth camera movement, there's a thread about it somewhere.
drolito

Post by drolito »

what is the software u have used to make these video ... is it free ?

(i have a really good video to make ^^)
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

The sofwtare I used to make this video is called Spring. If you fail at googling it, try they keywords "TA Spring" or "RTS Spring". You can download it here for free. The key to start recording a vid is Ctrl F10. Or is it Alt F10? The only drawback of using that software is that it doesn't record sound. Use something else if you need the sound.

Make sure to run settings.exe and turn all the fancy stuff on (ground decal, rippling water, shadow, etc..). Then play, replay, watch, add AI, cheat or whatever it takes to have some good action. Once you feel ready for tapping, remember remember to use the F9 key to remove the health bar, and the F5 key to remove the interface. Many good Spring movies have been ruined by the cameran forgotting to toggle off health bar. Then, the trick is to hit the Ctrl F10 key. Or maybe it is Alt F10, I cannot remember.

Well, I admit first time I tried that on that new PC, I realised I had no good codec (I'm playing all my videos with VLC.exe). So I just ran some old DivX installer, so as to get a codec with proper compression. However, I feel confident that you're leet enough to have 42 varied codecs already installed on your rig, so this step is probably useless for you. Yet, after pressing Alt f10, or Ctrl F10, please choose a fairly standard codec. I'd recommend DivX or XVid. However it depends on whether you prefer other people to actually be able to see your video, or if you enjoy more insulting them for not using the same ultraleet highly advanced codec as you.

I replayed the same replay, with fast forward to 24min, several time, to get a good grasp of what interesting event there were to film, so that I could shoot them in a single long take. Well, save that not, and I ended with two DivX movie to merge into one. I asked which program to use to cut and glue movies to the same person I regularly ask such question, and was replied, but anyway I already knew, to use VirutalDub. You can download it here for free. I think this is the answer to the question you were asking, however, I couldn't reply directly because it was the first time I ever used VirtualDub, so I can't act like if it's a program I knew. Beside you're a poster on the forum of the open source remake of some obscure nerdy game, so I take it for granted that you know your way around the net, and as such should be able to google or wikipediate your own answers. LoL that list doesn't even mention VirtualDub. I guess it was "marked for speedy deletion", because it was "not notable". LoL, wikipedia is made of phail.

Make sure you have uber processor and uber memory and uber hard drive whenever you tamper with video editing.

Oh and lastly, don't ask me! Ask people who actually know how to make Spring movies, like, I don't know, Cabbage.
drolito

Post by drolito »

Thanks a lot man :D

(my question was for all and i hope cabbage to supplement what u just say ^^)
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

FU was killed by hackers. :evil:

Uploaded the vid to youtube and google video meanwhile:
http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... 9861281854
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhEZOYICWg
But it's clearly much uglier. :?

Return to “General Discussion”