UFO 2000

UFO 2000

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

bamb

UFO 2000

Post by bamb »

It's a nice game, been playing it a lot lately.
Plays and looks like the original x-com from 1994 or so, but multiplayer!

http://ufo2000.sf.net

It takes a while to learn. Works best when playing against an opponent of your own level. There are of course some new weapons and extensions.

Anyway, the buildings are destructable and all that jazz...
PrometheusRising

Post by PrometheusRising »

I've been playing it year or two ago. It's nice, but I got bored rather fast.
Peace

Post by Peace »

Btw, in a few months there is a commercial, more or less remake, of the first xcom game coming out. Man, I can't wait to lay hands on it :shock:
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Called Aftersomething?
Ther are already two, UFO Aftermath and UFO Aftershock. Aftermath wasn't the brightest gem...
Radja

Post by Radja »

i guess he means ufo: extraterrestrials, that is not supossed to be related to the aftersomething series

ive seen the trailers, it looks like an aftersomething with the story and background of the original ufo

these new games dont catch the atmosphere ufo: enemy unknown had, they are just dry tactical squad games with rpg and administration elements. im not talking out of nostalgia, i discovered ufo last year
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

The UFO2k server is down. :(
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

23632434 different people have remade x-com, but nothing is ever as good as the original
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

hunterw wrote:23632434 different people have remade x-com, but nothing is ever as good as the original
Seriouly! How hard is it to have the SAME monsters, the SAME tech tree, and the SAME gameplay. I'd be happy if it was still 2D sprites and isometric view. Hell, I'd be HAPPY with 2D sprites and isometric view. Like really really good sprites, I mean. Like REALLY good ones.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

ORLY?
Peace

Post by Peace »

Radja wrote:i guess he means ufo: extraterrestrials, that is not supossed to be related to the aftersomething series
Aye, that's it. Seems pretty promising to me, check this preview:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/768/768012p1.html
smoke_th

Re: UFO 2000

Post by smoke_th »

Resurrecting topic from dust (that results its stop biting it):
This game not only supports outload from original xcom (so you can play with original solders and stuff), BUT and have in it lua scripting system, so you able to make your weapons, location-types, units in no time. (of course if you're fammiliar with 2d graphics or can pose cam in 3dsmax to render animations...you know :D)

But let's start from begining. 1st.
http://ufo2000.sourceforge.net/
2nd.
its stand-alone project which started as tcp-ip clone of Emailgames - X-COM. Its oriented only for PvP in TBS mode. So you typically allowed to get aliens and humans in same team. (although psycic powers still not implemented its not interfering us from getting fun).
3rd
You allowed to edit every solder to accomplish balance which you want (my fav- 3 snipers (maximum weapons aiming with least other parameters), 2 gunslighters (plasma pistol on each+ good running parameters and good shooting), 1 Assault Skirmisher (missile launcher) and 1 Commander (flying suit, laser cannon, grenades). (i just named those clases mahself - you can do it on your own).
4th.
You will need original x-com alien invasion and (or) terror from the deep if you want to play with original graphics - if not - this game have some weapon and graphic packs itself.
Machete234

Re: UFO 2000

Post by Machete234 »

Hopefully they make the new xcom like call of duty:black ops which is the best game of all times.
But with more explosions pls.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”