So...I just played Homeworld II - Page 2

So...I just played Homeworld II

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Zoombie wrote:The only thing lacking are the graphics...but what are those compaired to fun?
AMEN! Eat my 1997 PSX emulator and my games that came with my 1996 comp, which all kicked ass!!!
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

However graphics are still nice to have. That's why I'm bummed that that System Shock 2 mod that redid the modles never finished. They redid two modles and they looked awsome, but then it kinda...stopped. And the current version breaks the game so the wrench no longer works, and you can't play the game without the wrench...so that's a bummer.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Nice to have, yes, but not worth it to spend 4 years on graphics and 3 months on gamplay and balancing, no!?
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Correct. And from what I've seen of S.T.A.L.K.E.R, the six years was NOT enough to get all the bugs...but it was enough to get all the fun. Dude that game has got friggen atmosphere to fill a truck. Add to that pretty good A.I, six endings and an absurdly realistic balistic simulation and really cool sounding and looking guns, a built in geiger counter and lots of abadoned cars and we've got a fun game, despite the poor translation and bugs.

Where was I? Graphics. Oh yeah. I've found that art desgine can make up for poor graphics. Example: The Earth 21XX series had mediocer graphics (Except for the latest) but they had enough detail in the graphics and a good art direction to cover that. It's still the only game I've every played where snow builds up on tanks untill they're completely camoflauged. I've used that to trick my freinds more than once. Hehehehe...

Speaking of art designe making up for graphics, S.T.A.L.K.E.R's graphics aren't too hot, but the art designe is outta this world. There's enough detail to fill another truck.

Enough about S.T.A.L.K.E.R now...
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

You are a muppet zoombie.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Andreask wrote:You are a muppet zoombie.
please read the forum rules sticky in general and apologise to zoombie immediatly

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”