So...I just played Homeworld II

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Muzic

Post by Muzic »

My thoughts about this game is all summed up into 1 word. Yes 1.

OMGHOLYSHITFUCKINGSPACERTSWASFUCKINGEPICANDAWSOMEHOLYSHITTHISGAMEFUCKINGPWNSANDILOVEPANCAKES

I looked it up in the dictionary, the example was the boxart of Homeworld 1, 2 and that other one all combined into one abstract picture of a man holding bunny. Yes it was so awsome that I would make a horrible internet joke totally unrelating to the awsomeness that is the Homeworld series.

Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....

Any tips?
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

play more...
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Fanger wrote:play more...
Just beat it.
Ishach

Re: So...I just played Homeworld II

Post by Ishach »

Muzic wrote:My thoughts about this game is all summed up into 1 word. Yes 1.

OMGHOLYSHITFUCKINGSPACERTSWASFUCKINGEPICANDAWSOMEHOLYSHITTHISGAMEFUCKINGPWNSANDILOVEPANCAKES

I looked it up in the dictionary, the example was the boxart of Homeworld 1, 2 and that other one all combined into one abstract picture of a man holding bunny. Yes it was so awsome that I would make a horrible internet joke totally unrelating to the awsomeness that is the Homeworld series.

Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....

Any tips?
what does this post say i cant read it
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

Muzic wrote:Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....
First missile hit the major population centre(s). After that, the remaining pop is more and more scattered, so actually hitting and killing them with the missiles becomes ever harder.
Any tips?
Well..... not really a tip, more like a cheat.....

You can edit the starting fleet files, and give you any ship you want, optionally carrying any number of any small craft if capable of doing so (Carrier, shipyard, mothership) Five Sajuuks can pretty much clear out anything, and if that don't work then 25 Motherships with about 25 Interceptors, 15 Bombers, 15 Corvettes and 10 Pulsar Corvettes per ship can..... :twisted:
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I still haven't unwrapped the Homeworld II I bought last year.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I borrowed my copy (my fav game of all time) to a friend, who returned it the day after with the phrase "I couldnt install it, when I took it out the case it looked like that", so I look at the CD, and the rest I shan't mention.....
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

I liked HW1/HW:C a lot more. Take a look at the PDW mod, then you'll see what HW2 could have been...
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

I like pancakes too.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

PDS mod is made of awesome win and gunfire..
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Strategia wrote:
Muzic wrote:Anyways, I just failed on the last mission. I wasnt able to kill those missles. I found it really odd how 1 missle at first killed 80 million, the next 10, and 1 missle even only did 15k....
First missile hit the major population centre(s). After that, the remaining pop is more and more scattered, so actually hitting and killing them with the missiles becomes ever harder.
Any tips?
Well..... not really a tip, more like a cheat.....

You can edit the starting fleet files, and give you any ship you want, optionally carrying any number of any small craft if capable of doing so (Carrier, shipyard, mothership) Five Sajuuks can pretty much clear out anything, and if that don't work then 25 Motherships with about 25 Interceptors, 15 Bombers, 15 Corvettes and 10 Pulsar Corvettes per ship can..... :twisted:
I edited mine to 5 battle cruisers and about 10 destroyers. Nothing to fancy. By the way, could you research a hyperspace module in story mode? Becuase if so, I could have saved my self alot of trobule.
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Skill in RTS games is damn near universal

ergo

Get better at Spring
You will get better at HWII

I beat HW2 on hard difficulities pretty quickly...
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

yeah, cuz strategy games rely on your brain to calculate and form STRATEGIES, so you are doing the same thing in every game...
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

cataclysms single player was better by far, homeworld multiplayer was better. I was disappointed at how dumbed down HW2 felt. I damn hate squad based RTS. "Its like having 100 ships!" no, its like having four ships, each of which as the animation of lots of little ones.
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

It's such a shame HW2 didn't live up to HW. The original HW had a n awesome modding community with mods for just about every sci-fi univers you can mention.

I still have an encyclopedic knowledge of star ships from Trek (every era), Wars, B5 and Farscape.
knorke

Post by knorke »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I damn hate squad based RTS. "Its like having 100 ships!" no, its like having four ships, each of which as the animation of lots of little ones.
I have to agree, this is the stupidest "invention" in RTS.
In this Warhammer 40k game it was semi-ok but in the new Command&Conquer they also have infantry squads. This leads to fights with like 50 soldiers on each side. Oh, those are really only 5 vs 5...
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

COH did squads very well.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

COH was poor as hell imo.
DoW got away with it by being fluent n agressive.
new CnC, from the demo I played, is a pack of shizzle.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I'll probably pick up a copy of HW1. Seeing how you guys said it was all pretty good.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

COH was fun as hell, more like. Sure WWII's been done to death, but this is one good RTS. I, Zoombie, have spoken.

And, Music, the original HW is a far better game. It's got a better plot, cooler ships, and just feels better. The only thing lacking are the graphics...but what are those compaired to fun?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”