SSAI - Page 2

SSAI

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

You are new here, so you should probably watch who you throw your weight behind.

You have yet to experience Alantai's immaturity, as alluded to by himself in:
But really I think you should let the past go warlord and stop trying to make me pay for a week of random posting and delirious pm's.
And Alantai, we did sit up and take notice. We banned you. If I remember correctly, you evaded the ban too.

But as I said, I've vented what I needed to, so I'll keep to those threads I find interesting, and not those I think are unnecessary.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Actually all attempts to evade the ban where useless as jounin lifted the ban after ten minutes, the ban was a warning, and I think it would have been him that decided to ban em not you and some other consortium of fellow gameplayers, afterrall, alantai posts, jounin deletes, alantai reposts, *half an hour later* alantai notices hsi post count has gone down by 80 posts, jounin bans alantai for ten minutes, I dont think ti can get any plainer than that.

I think you should listen to munch, afterrall it's nice words like that that get you places, I wish I had reason to use words like that a lot more and your certainyl not giving me any chances warlord. And to think I thought you ocne had honour.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

I don't think SY ever ment for the spawn feature to be thought of as any sort of "AI". It was for testing and just a general change of pace from the "commanders" script.

Spawning units via what frame your on is not even in the same ballpark as AI.

AI is exceptionally difficult to get right (especially the non-cheating kind). Gaming companies have worked years and years at getting challenging AI. Even throwing $millions at it.

Heck, OTA's "AI" was just a series of weights and limits. There's no intelligence there, just mathmatically probabilities. True decision based AI is not a easy thing to pull off.

The first 5 things any opponent does can be basically hard coded. "Find metal, build metal, build solar, build wind, build kbot plant.

:)

-Buggi
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Heck, OTA's "AI" was just a series of weights and limits. There's no intelligence there, just mathmatically probabilities. True decision based AI is not a easy thing to pull off.
Thats just all that was modifiable, most of it was hard coded into the engine.

And how come no body told me alantai was banned?
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

um do you know how long ago that was? remeber alantai his axe cookies flaming and mass posting??? :P some funny shit... :lol:
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

If you remember, Alantai, I was the only one who stood up for you when the entire of the community was baying for your blood.
That was just before you went on your spree, despite my repeated askings for you to stop, and apologise.

So yeah, I learnt my lesson.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

They even got rid of ym axe avatar! Not that I was bothered, I was going to change it anyways. But the community bayign for my blood?! no thatw as a select few who seemed to make otut hat thy where th community and I was a wanabee. Of course those where the days when 90% fo all posts belonged to the top 10 posters.

And warlord, I did stop, and I did apologise, and I stopped throwing cookies and sending pm's, I even tried to be productive!

So can we have the old warlord back? The new one seems bitter and disgruntled.

Buggi: Agree with you thre, I'm going to try, and if its pants then we'll have a simpleton AI and I'll have tried at least.
Triaxx2

Post by Triaxx2 »

A simpleton AI is better than no AI. And if it's pants, I'll cut it off at the knees, and make shorts. *crickets chirp*

*sigh*

Return to “AI”