KuroTA v0.47 - this is an old thread, use the new 0.50 threa - Page 3

KuroTA v0.47 - this is an old thread, use the new 0.50 threa

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

0.47 Released!

http://www.fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=1729

This should help give Core a little bit more of an edge.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

I tried this mod yesterday and must say, that there are a lot of nice units. I love strong tanks not only Kbots :D.
But there are some balanceproblems I think.

- the core flying fortress is to cheap or to strong.
- the armored metalextractor is much to expensive and their defenseabbility is a joke. Their range is smaller than most of the lvl 1 units and for this price no one would build one before reaching techlevel 2, so it must defend against Goliaths and Bulldogs.
- the cloakable metalmaker are a bit to expensive and need to long to build in comparison to their pendants I think.
- I would make the repulsingtowers much more expensive and at least tech lvl 2. In your mod everyone spams them and so all units with plasma and cannons are less usefull than rockets or laserunits.
- I didnt played arm, but someone told me that their biggest tank cost about 20k metal. I killed a horde of them with 5 Krogs who kost only 10k more. Perhaps they should be a bit stronger?

But I think with a bit more balancing its a really cool mod and alternative to AA. I love the Metrontank and the cool Kbots u added.
IMSabbel

Post by IMSabbel »

yeah, something is wrong with the champells.
They have a lot of HP, but VERY VERY low dps.

Also, it seems one of their weapons isnt fireing... (or at least didnt in the last version)
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

- the core flying fortress is to cheap or to strong.
That is the only unit that has gotten changed every freaking versoin. It seems that it's HP is fine, easily killed if you get at them with long range AA or fighters, but once they get in close it's all over. Tried making thier weapons more expensive tis version, and they cost more metal....back to the drawing board I guess..
- the armored metalextractor is much to expensive and their defenseabbility is a joke. Their range is smaller than most of the lvl 1 units and for this price no one would build one before reaching techlevel 2, so it must defend against Goliaths and Bulldogs.
It has nearly 5x the HP of the standard extractor, but I guess it's still too much metal to be useful early against rushes which was the idea.
- the cloakable metalmaker are a bit to expensive and need to long to build in comparison to their pendants I think.
Well, on a pure cost basis, that one is the best metal maker. 8 metal for 200 energy.
- I would make the repulsingtowers much more expensive and at least tech lvl 2. In your mod everyone spams them and so all units with plasma and cannons are less usefull than rockets or laserunits.
Try using bombers or EMG units to overwhelm the repulsors, and you'll relize how much of a burden they really are.
- I didnt played arm, but someone told me that their biggest tank cost about 20k metal. I killed a horde of them with 5 Krogs who kost only 10k more. Perhaps they should be a bit stronger?
Arm's biggest tank, the Campbell, is a tank (in the rpg sense, a unit that will take the hits for the units) and is all in all a support unit, not designed to defeat krogs on thier own. However, if the krogs were busy attacking the Campbells, and you brought in other units to take out the krogs...
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

Gunna have me a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnngggggg hard look at this lot.

Also i havent looked at it yet but i do hope u kept a record at all the credits etc..
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

[KnoX]ElementalGizmo wrote:Gunna have me a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnngggggg hard look at this lot.

Also i havent looked at it yet but i do hope u kept a record at all the credits etc..
Sadly, nearly all of the units in this mod I've had for years and the credits are long gone. I would be more than happy to add them if I knew who made them tho. :)

Also, new version: http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9393
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Some of your unused ones:

[ CORE ] Screamer
CORSCREAMER
TA Arsenal Network

[ CORE ] Eliminator
CORPOPAA
Unlimited Units

[ ARM ] Bootlegger
WOODS2
InHouse
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

MadRat wrote:Some of your unused ones:

[ CORE ] Screamer
CORSCREAMER
TA Arsenal Network

[ CORE ] Eliminator
CORPOPAA
Unlimited Units

[ ARM ] Bootlegger
WOODS2
InHouse
Already fixed in (unreleased) v0.51
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

Just post which ones you don't know the originator and I'll track them down.
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

Me and J5mello played a game of Kuro, and Its got some cool stuff in it, definately an interesting TA varient..

Main points Id like to hit on are:

Some of the Artillery units aim at aircraft, this should probably be changed as they have little chance of hitting them and do more harm than good.

Overall the speed of units is very slow, Im not sure if this is intentional but it feels very slow. I think the mod could do with a general scaled speed boost on the order of 150% to maybe even 200% for units, higher at lower levels and scaling down at higher levels.

The Core heavy anti gunship sam weapon does damage to everything, not just aircraft and is a wee bit tricky sometimes when it fires. This combined with its large AOE and high damage means that sometimes if it fires into your base it can take out other structures or even kill it self.

One of the core popup units didnt seem to work correctly, I dont know which one but J5mello told me while we were playing that he could not get it to work.

Some of the artillery, at least the Large Marge cannot actually reach their max range due to the projectile speed being to low. While not drastically reducing its effectiveness, this still does confuse people so possibly increase the projectile speed up a bit till it can reach max range.

The specialized advanced transport buildable from the teir 3 factory is actually a hovercraft and extremely fast, meaning it wouldnt be targetable by anti air.. though it seems like it ought to be an aircraft, although this could be intentional. The model for it could be improved as well.

The radar ranges on most units/structures that have them seem a bit short and could possibly due with a 125-150% increase in range as atm some of them are to short to really be usable, namely the lvl 1 scout aircraft.

Couple of various 3rd party units could probably use some tweaking from a modeling standpoint if someone ever has any time.

Other than that the mod has some interesting units and was fun to play, if a bit slow, but then most TA games seem slow to me anymore..

Might be interesting if some of the units in this were put in NOTA, or some such as NOTA might benefit from that..
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Looked into all the issues you listed and fixed what I saw. However, more specific information would be handy if you had it.

Also, are you playing the most recent version (0.50)?
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Yes we were, I could look into some more specific stuff,..

As far as the artillery not reaching max range I only noticed it on the Large Marge, however I thought I might hint that it could be a good Idea to check em all just to make sure..
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

first question do u wanna keep talking in this thread or in the new one???

anyways the popup Fang mentioned was the Flak Sam thing that likes to hara kiri itself on occasion. It says in the unit description that it is a Pop-up when there was no popping going on. Also a minor note im pretty sure that the Flak Sam is firing backwards... could be me but i would think that the unit would fire from the dark holes rather than the orange-red ones on the model...

Also you can remove the gates as they don't work
the arm lvl 1 gunship seemed a little OP
the core cloakable tank doesn't have stealth makin it useless for sneak attacks
the mod could use the multireclaim tags in modinfo

ill post anything else if i remember it.
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

j5mello wrote:first question do u wanna keep talking in this thread or in the new one???
http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9393
j5mello wrote:anyways the popup Fang mentioned was the Flak Sam thing that likes to hara kiri itself on occasion. It says in the unit description that it is a Pop-up when there was no popping going on. Also a minor note im pretty sure that the Flak Sam is firing backwards... could be me but i would think that the unit would fire from the dark holes rather than the orange-red ones on the model...
Yeah, found the problem with that and have already fixed (in test build). Still working on the pop-up thing, the script was never made to do that apparently.
j5mello wrote:Also you can remove the gates as they don't work
the arm lvl 1 gunship seemed a little OP
the core cloakable tank doesn't have stealth makin it useless for sneak attacks
Fixed in test build
j5mello wrote:the mod could use the multireclaim tags in modinfo
The what? /me researches
Fanger

Post by Fanger »

Its a new tag allows you to have multiple units reclaiming something and thus speed it up, in the same way building works, without it there is no point to have more than one unit reclaiming an object as no increase in speed is given...

Oh and would you be seriously offended if I remodeled that camble attack tank, of course staying mostly to the original design, cause that model is really quite poorly done although it has potential..
Kuroneko

Post by Kuroneko »

Fanger wrote:Its a new tag allows you to have multiple units reclaiming something and thus speed it up, in the same way building works, without it there is no point to have more than one unit reclaiming an object as no increase in speed is given...

Oh and would you be seriously offended if I remodeled that camble attack tank, of course staying mostly to the original design, cause that model is really quite poorly done although it has potential..
Please do, any help is always appreciated. Doubly so when it comes to modeling, never have been very good at it. :)

Return to “Game Releases”