Any really good PS1 gems you would recommend? - Page 2

Any really good PS1 gems you would recommend?

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Strategia

Re: COME ON!!!

Post by Strategia »

rcdraco wrote:Warzone 2100
They ported that too?

GET IT NOW

IT ROCKS

I mean, what other game gives you artillery as a very important part of gameplay, WITH artillery sensors, counter-artillery sensors and VTOL counter-artillery sensors? Trust me, it's definitely worth it. Definitely.

Or you can pick it up for PC here:
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=4755
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

manored wrote:Sheep, dog and wolf! One of the funniest logical thinking games I ever played! :P (explaining quickly, you are a wolf inside a reality show where you must steal all sheeps from a dog, but only one per stage...)

This game was really good as well

I didnt wanna say any RPGs cause jeez there are enough already. But if you cant see Alundra i'd get it cause its really good but relatively unknown

Its like zelda
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I Dl'ed Warzone 2100 for free like... a year ago, lol...

It was a great game :P
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

oh hell yes on vigilante 8 2nd offense!
grandia! best RPG, completed like 9+ times ^-^
oh and dynasty warriors :twisted:
RogerN

Post by RogerN »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet! It's an incredibly good game. For those who are unfamiliar with it, think Super Metroid style gameplay with RPG elements. Excellent graphics and music.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Good grief, I'm gunna need a novel now to copy all this stuff down :o
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

Oh, and I really liked Hogs of War. It took me ages to find the damn game!
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Michilus_nimbus wrote:Oh, and I really liked Hogs of War. It took me ages to find the damn game!

This game was pretty fun as well.

Like 3D worms. It'll be a total bitch to find anywhere
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

I love hogs of war, that game is fun :D

I got that one too, I loved all of teh missions, cept the LAST ONE!!! HACKERSS!!

Arghhh... I never beat the last one.. Even with cheats....
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

I actually beat it, exploited AI's stupidity :P.

What I remember :

Use jetpack next to enemy, make jetpack fall on enemy - hurtin' for 30? or was it 15? damage, you'l nail 1 hoggy this way - get one or two w/ a well-aimed airstrike and so on. - i forgot the rest :P.

10000+ to hogs of war.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I dont think i got every far in it at all i wasnt very good
knorke

Post by knorke »

dont have a PS myself but:
Vigilante 8 - carcombat, great in splitscreen
Demolition Racers
Destruction Derby 3 RAW (or the other parts)

yea, only cargames but those are best anyway 8)
Candleman

Post by Candleman »

I saw a movie preview for Chrono Cross on a demo disk, and the graphics and music alone made me want to buy it. I never did, but I must say the music was uber cool.

And Dave mirra's bike game or whatever. First game with rudamentary ragdoll physics, so my buddies and I would just find cool ways to kill him.
rcdraco

About Warzone 2100 for PS1 and more games for you

Post by rcdraco »

On PS1 Warzone 2100 has third person drive controls and Warzone is the only RTS to date with realistic turning try it and see PC version rocks your 64mb video cards world. Plus Airplane and refueling.

Team Buddies is great and hard to find, great multiplayer. ^^

Threads of Fate the best RPG/action game ever

Driver Series, 2 was great 3 sucks, and 4 trys to be GTA

Robopit, cutesy simple robot fighting game, second one is also rare, with RPG elements.

That hovercraft speedball game where they shout YOU GOT THE BALL

Umm Team Buddies rocks, best PS1 Game EVER. Looks like a Dreamcast game. ^^

If you aren't too young Mortal Combat Series is good fighting game as well.

RIDGE RACERRRRR, it's Ridge Racer, RIIIDDDGGEEE RAAACCERR.

Arcade games, atari/namco collections usually are good, I've got a solid one with Tower of Druaga, Miss. Pac-Man, Dig-Dug, Galaxian, Pole Position ??II?? 3D rendered enviroments to see the game.

Smash TV on another disc WIN.

MDK maybe, need good TV, I thought it looked bad, played great though. ^^

I post a lot of stuff. By the way I loved PS1 and I just rebuilt mine just to play Team Buddies. WIN.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Aynthing Enix or Square is win. In most cases. Unless you don't like console RPGs or console RPG genre mixes.

Dune 2000 PSX was pretty okay for a pseudo 3D strategy game. Looks cheap but it's fun.

C&C1 (with addon) is rather good for a console RTS, even though I liked the Sega Saturn version better (laser HINDs! :P).

C&C Red Alert however sucks a lot compared to the PC version. It is a) laggy when played in MP (link cable), b) laggy when there's lots of units in general, c) built in cheats. Further more there were some graphics left out or edited (build up animations, blood, etc) and it overall felt much less than the PC version, except for the decent transparent build menu.

Then there's Z. If you like the PC game, the PSX one is on par with it. Well I do like both. It's probabaly THE (or one of the) toughest strategy game for the PSX.

I think there were some worms games as well. If you're into worms, get them. They're always fun if you got some friends to play them together. Also Frontschweine is a lot of fun (worms mix). Dunno what the US/UK version is called, cba to google. It's not S.W.I.N.E., though the latter is supposed to be good as well.

Anyway beat-em-ups always rock so Tekken 2 and 3 are recommended, same for Bushido Blade 1 and 2.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about wrestling games... WWF Smackdown 1 and 2! There's nothing better for the PSX. The WWF/WWE PS2 games are a lot better though.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Meh, if I saw any of those (minus the wrestling) I would have gotten em...

I got 12 games total, however most of em weren't what I was thinking, but I got like 3 or 4 rpgs, and a couple of other games... MY ARMORED CORE PROJECT PHANTASM DIDN'T WORK!!! Arrghh, I don't want my money, I want my game :(
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Oh yeah the wrestling games are some of the most fun things to play with friends, get WWF Smackdown 2, its a cool game.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Hell yeah! You don't want to know how many nights I spent playing Smackdown 2 back in the old days... it's boring without a friend though.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Well, I kinda found.. Armored Core Project Phantasm :D

and it runs great on my emulator.. Controls are hard as hell though...

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”