Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !! - Page 64

Balanced Annihilation v4.7 !!

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

chlue

Post by chlue »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:urgh. thats all totally retarded.
all air defences are incredibly efficent against gunships because they bunch up and chain explode. fighters and flak rape gunships. they dont need to be as poor as they are atm.
Seems like it doen't matter what someone writes, he will get flamed by someone.

Ok some numbers:
Brawler: 1030 hp, 150 selfdmg --> 7 start a chain
Rapier: 1000 hp, 15 selfdmg <-- a typo?? --> 67 start a chain
Blade: 1800 hp, 45 selfdmg --> 40 start a chain
Cutlass: 980 hp, 25 selfdmg --> 40 start a chain

Ok, so you have to kill seven Brawler to start a bulk chainexploding. The other will probably never. This means chain explode begins to be a problem if you attack with at least twenty of them.

If you use gunships in reasonable numbers this statement is rubbish:
...all air defences are incredibly efficent against gunships...
Every T1 defence is worthless. They are killed quickly and do only dmg to one gunship. LRMT's and Flacks are powerfull against them, because of their big aoe. So if you reduce everyone to about 50% hp and kill some, a chain will start and clean up the rest.
But I think exactly that is the point. A well T2 defended base is good protected against them, but you can still use bombers to kill LRMT's and Flacks and then you can finish the area with gunships.

Compare with current warefare. You will not take a helicopter to attack Air-defence. You send Stealthbomber and Cruisemissle to take them out, then you go in with ground forces who are supported by helicopters. The same strategy works fine in BA, too.

gunships are very effective @:
cleaning up
interception of raiders or unprotected assault forces
taking out mexes (you cant affort 5 flacker for a mex)
behind emeny lines

I am really sure that are enough possible applications for them.
And the usefull combination of Bomber, Figher and Gunships break every defence as long as somebody protects you long enough to build them.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

BUILD MOAR AA MAEK LESS COMPLAIN :shock:
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

A well T2 defended base is good protected against them, but you can still use bombers to kill LRMT's and Flacks and then you can finish the area with gunships.
Take out his plants, antinukes, nanotowers and fusions (If he is silly enough to build fusions- everyone knows adv solars are just as good, yeah?) with the bombers. They are better at it. The gunships are for when you are strolling through a nuclear wasteland mopping up his constructors.
And the usefull combination of Bomber, Figher and Gunships break every defence as long as somebody protects you long enough to build them.
Not so- an equal value of fighters and flaks will slaughter that. Its a good attack if you can mass it and the enemy doesnt know you have air. But that is always how air works. Its best if you surprise them.

Flaks are not that expensive, It is not hard to cover most vital structures with them. To defend your less vital structures, use fighters on patrol. They murder gunships.
Ps: Regarding mobile Flackers guarding attack forces. Mobile flackers are totaly useless for the attack. This are additionall costs, only to secure the group from air, so they have to be very cost effective.
Yeah... and LRMT's wont help you against his flashes. Thats how AA works. You dont need to march it into the battle anyway- keep it at the back, and retreat it if you lose (Its nice and fast, not hard to run away). They shouldnt be so cost effective that you are better off putting them around your base than static flak.

In summary.
Gunships (Brawlers at least, rapiers are teh suk) do have their role- mostly attacking things that cant defend themselves (Mop up operations, tech1 AA, ground units without AA cover etc). They stay put, so they are easier to micro- but the massing and chain exploding is a real pain when you do micro them. They could do with a slightly broader role (IMO they should be better against units), but they arent useless.
I very seldom see a good T2 groundassault. Most games I play are either won by T1 units, T2 air or if you play to long: Long range plasma.
Id have to agree with this, actually (Except the remark on long range plasma, nukes are so much better and only cost as much as 2 BB's). Its a good point. Snipers/Mavs/Archangels and Tremors/Tanks are the only thing i see in the way of tech2 land, and then rarely... though occasionally a morty spam works. To really end a lot of games though, you need air raids (Or am EMP/Nuke combo) to take out his infrastructure. Perhaps given this, tech2 needs better artillery, and/or faster units (That can penetrate tech2 defenses the way flash penetrate tech1)...
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

We now got our own forums so every issue can get its attention: http://www.thebestforumintheworld.com/i ... owforum=19
MasterChiefRulZ

Post by MasterChiefRulZ »

supcoms mobile factories are a useless gimick, as a factory is only effective when surrounded my engineers assisting which it cant do on the move or out to sea or behind enemy lines.
A forward assault base can be very useful, especially if it's mobile and can evade enemy detection (which is much more likely than a static factory). You have to think tactically for such a thing to work, and not compare in the mindset of immobile factories.

I'm just thinking in terms of different ways commanders can move thier troops, position their troops, and make tactical decisions.

For example. As opposed to an immobile factory, when the front lines are either receded or advanced, a mobile factory can move with the action to keep troops more relative to where they are needed (as opposed to building yet another immobile factory, or marching your troops way from the back, or having to constantly coordinate transport).

These ideas, among other viable tactical decisions, can be useful in a mobile base.

I think Sup Com's mobile factories also have weapons attached, but I don't think that would be necessary in Spring (don't know if it's even possible).
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

MasterChiefRulz; if you want to build mobile units closer to the front-line there are many units that build mobile units separately; i.e. the freaker for core, and the consul combat engineer for arm.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Please continue BA Discussions at the BA Forums. One thread per topic there.

Return to “Game Releases”