the present scripted AI's

Here is where ideas can be collected for the skirmish AI in development

Moderators: hoijui, Moderators

Gurkha

Post by Gurkha »

I've had a look through one (mostly to delete coreint & corebuzz lines) and they seem to be relatively easy to write, I'm just wondering about the numbers. Presumably they're the time that something is built but what units are they in? milliseconds? some sort of arbitrary 'game tick'?

Another thing with them:
Can someone set spring to interpret a ' or similar as "do not read this line" ? so people can put a few notes at the top, like what script it is, if it has any modifications, etc.

I'll just answer the other question that I had myself to help anyone else:
http://www.shonner.com/ta/taunits.txt is a list of unit name -> unit code relationships

-Gurkha
Delta

Post by Delta »

The numbers are frames, spring has 30 fps internaly so a "30 corebuzz" creates a buzzaw after 1 sec
Atleast if I understood things correctly.

If I am totaly wrong, please correct me.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

im always @ 50-60 FPS if that helps??? unless HUGE battle or MASSIVE explosion goes down to 30ish
Kickban

Post by Kickban »

Fps is a way to mesure time inside the game. This mean 30 ticks per second, or 30 Hz, 30 recalculation per second.
This have nothing to do with graphic fps, which tell how many images per second you get.

TAS always at 30 ticks per second, and your computer determine how much graphic fps you get.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

oh right! thanks 8) im such a 'noob' when it comes to PCs :lol:
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

So am I; but in areas I don't know about, I don't post, because it would add nothing to the conversation.

*hint* *hint*
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

So am I; but in areas I don't know about, I don't post, because it would add nothing to the conversation.

*hint* *hint*

Now i and anyone else who views this thread and isn't ubersmart can understand about internal frame rates. I'D say this DOES 'add something to the conversation' *HINT* *HINT*
You flaming me for being dumb DEFINITELY DOESN'T 'add something to the conversation'! :P
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Remember, though, increasing the game speed (+ key) or decreasing it (- key) also messes with the internal "clock", so the units will always come at the same relative time to the game speed.

Return to “AI”